Round 4 : who do you want ? (3 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Oh for fuck sake. Just realised it'll still be 'Dry January' for this game.
That's buggered it then. :facepalm:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
MK Dongs? We'll piss them! Who do you reckon we'll get in the next round, then? I fancy Liverpool or Man Utd!

covcity4life

Lets be honest, as good a day and win it was, with the performance to go with it, Stoke threw that game. They had enough chances to stick the ball away and made a good enough effort of presenting chances to us. They put enough effort in to ensure they didn't get stick from their fans while also getting rid of a manager they clearly didn't want. Even with Grimmer's goal, which I had an amazing angle on at the Ricoh, you can tell on the replay Butland didn't extend properly.

The cup run is great, it's amazing to have the BBC live at the Ricoh and people talking about us. It's great having the fans excited. But the priority is still the league, we have to get out of league 2 as soon as possible before we stagnate again. an away tie at one of the bigger clubs would have given us money to stick in to the team now. Maybe we beat MK Dons and get the big tie next round, would be amazing to keep the run going but it's still too late to give MR any money for the transfer window.
Behave

Stoke through everything at it. They had no luck thats all

Grendel

Lets be honest, as good a day and win it was, with the performance to go with it, Stoke threw that game. They had enough chances to stick the ball away and made a good enough effort of presenting chances to us. They put enough effort in to ensure they didn't get stick from their fans while also getting rid of a manager they clearly didn't want. Even with Grimmer's goal, which I had an amazing angle on at the Ricoh, you can tell on the replay Butland didn't extend properly.

The cup run is great, it's amazing to have the BBC live at the Ricoh and people talking about us. It's great having the fans excited. But the priority is still the league, we have to get out of league 2 as soon as possible before we stagnate again. an away tie at one of the bigger clubs would have given us money to stick in to the team now. Maybe we beat MK Dons and get the big tie next round, would be amazing to keep the run going but it's still too late to give MR any money for the transfer window.

I’ve read some tripe on here over the years but this has to take the award.

Nonleagueherewecome

Why am I being decisive I wasn't the person along with another who accused a fellow city supporter of threatening them. I've ignored you for a while basically because you're a thoughrally unpleasant person, going back to devisivness just take a long look in a mirror.

I have no idea what the row is about, the constant rows being a reason to not spend too much time on here, but as someone who knows Torch "in real life" I can guarantee you that he is a thoroughly pleasant chap.

Otis

So it's Dry January. So I'll be taking part by drinking:
Dry Cider
Dry Gin.
Dry Martini
Dry white wine .
And Canada Dry mixer with any other shorts. :emoji_dizzy_face:
You may laugh, but I saw the very same add outside a pub the other day. Their take on Dry January was exactly the same as you have portrayed it, to use it as an adverting campaign to buy 'dry' drinks instead of for turning people off.

SkyBlueCRJ

Looking solely at prize money and the potential funds we'll gain from the MK Dons fixture, it's not the worst draw in the world.

So far we've amassed around £100,000 in prize money alone by getting through to the 4th round - if we take a bumper crowd to MK then we can obviously add to this.

If we manage to pip MK and get into the 5th round we'll earn a further £90,000 just for getting through - with the further possibility of getting a big draw. It's a lot of IFS and BUTS but I'm really hoping we beat MK as it could make all the difference to our season and this summers transfer window.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Looking solely at prize money and the potential funds we'll gain from the MK Dons fixture, it's not the worst draw in the world.

So far we've amassed around £100,000 in prize money alone by getting through to the 4th round - if we take a bumper crowd to MK then we can obviously add to this.

If we manage to pip MK and get into the 5th round we'll earn a further £90,000 just for getting through - with the further possibility of getting a big draw. It's a lot of IFS and BUTS but I'm really hoping we beat MK as it could make all the difference to our season and this summers transfer window.
And then we read about transfers like Philippe Coutinho for a measly £140 million. Kinda puts our plight into perspective, eh?

SkyBlueCRJ

And then we read about transfers like Philippe Coutinho for a measly £140 million. Kinda puts our plight into perspective, eh?

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing when I was typing my last post out. It certainly does show how much of a gulf there is between us and the Premier League. Six-figure sums are fun tokens now for the top clubs these days.

Users who are viewing this thread