Match Thread Rotherham (6 Viewers)

clint van damme

In all seriousness this is a great performance and we should have scored at least two more, and I can’t recal them having a chance.

Only one game granted, but certainly evidence we can be attacking and still be solid at the back.

and that's clearly what we've been working towards after changing it the last few games after conceding so many in our first ten.
I had delusions of us being able to maintain our passing game from last season in this league but clearly that was very naïve, we'd be getting mullered every week.
As good as we've been today we've still put a foot through it as soon as there's a sniff of danger but it's worked out OK with Max on hand to chase any long punt.

Evo1883

The way they linked up was crazy scary at times.

Tbh the signs were there for few games.

Amazing how Biamou was slaughtered for 2 sitters. When Ohare and Walker have missed some great chances last few games.

But wow this partnership with Ohare behind is looking good.

Loving the way we going direct.

I'm not even a biamou fan but I cant argue he's doing his job and I can only commend him

Paxman II

Got the tactics right for this one. Not pretty but effective against Rotherham so far. We must keep it going but i feel we lack a man in midfield especially concerning if as expected Rotherham come looking for a goal. We could do well by bring on Sheaf early for O'Hare imho.
Max MOTM so far and brilliantly working with Walker wh shows flashes of quality. McCallum much better this time. Ostigard seems to bring something to the back line and posses that threat in the opposing box. We could have been out of sight 4 nil but we are not so concentration please and be careful defending and giving away free kicks.

CCFCSteve

Good first half that, could’ve been more. Walker looks a massive threat with support. Would’ve been nice if Max had got his special in (great cross by Kelly) but two up at half time will do.

Evo1883

Walker so much more involved with Biamou partnering

To be fair, this system is perfect for today... Defend the long ball beat the press with 2 up and flick ons... Just cut out the crosses and set pieces for them and we should win at a canter really

Brighton Sky Blue

and that's clearly what we've been working towards after changing it the last few games after conceding so many in our first ten.
I had delusions of us being able to maintain our passing game from last season in this league but clearly that was very naïve, we'd be getting mullered every week.
As good as we've been today we've still put a foot through it as soon as there's a sniff of danger but it's worked out OK with Max on hand to chase any long punt.

Which we can do because we've got a better chance of winning the punt up the field.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Early goals settled us and we've looked good since.

Can't be complacent but as long as we keep up the intensity and the attacking intent this should be a W.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair, this system is perfect for today... Defend the long ball beat the press with 2 up and flick ons... Just cut out the crosses and set pieces for them and we should win at a canter really

Only slight criticism is we should have properly put the game to bed since then. They get one back early doors it gets tasty

DannyThomas_1981

Is he going to sing Tulips from Amsterdam? Probably better chance of singing that than scoring.
I guess Moron you will finally have a day off and spare us from your constant derision of Max. As I’ve always said - what you know about football is not very much and your derision and targeting of players says everything about you - and not the player.

Reactions: vow

Hobo

Max has been great. But his selection isnt all about attack. The extra central defender and Max are a great defensive ploy against the Rotherham set piece threat.

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins dropped a bollock vs Derby playing 1 up front, especially after Biamou had got his goal against Norwich. Those goals have done wonders for his confidence and he's clearly feeling like he belongs at the level now. Really glad Robins has corrected it though and hope this has forced his hand for the upcoming games against teams around us.

He took his goal as well as Godden would've in the same position.

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess Moron you will finally have a day off and spare us from your constant derision of Max. As I’ve always said - what you know about football is not very much and your derision and targeting of players says everything about you - and not the player.

Always conspicuous by his absence that guy

Ccfcisparks

Still so nervous about the second half. So I'll predict a 2-2 result so I will be happy if I'm proven wrong and we win, or I'll be smug that I predicted the right result if we dont :LOL:

EalingSB

Forest fans must be livid they let him go without really giving him a chance. Walker looks like a pretty comfortable Championship player to me.
Was just about to post something similar. He's really growing into this team and has showed some great skill in recent weeks: the lovely low finish v Watford, the flicked winner v Cardiff, the headed goal that wasn't v Derby and a great assist and poacher's finish today. Dave Boddy said on the CWR podcast a couple of weeks ago that we got a fantastic deal for him so more great work by the recruitment team.

Users who are viewing this thread