Rotherham v Brentford game off (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Season won’t be extended so it’s going to be up to 3 games a week every week for them, that is still going to be tough.
It’s only really two games a week. If play Saturday and once midweek.
The following Saturday is then start of the next week

shepardo01

I did think this originally, but then I doubt the EFL would be hoodwinked this way. I’d imagine there’s all sorts of reporting going on.

on top of that, there will come a time when Rotherham are playing 2/3 games every week. Their squad is small

besides it didn’t do Sheff Weds any good nor millwall
For me, it's more the fact that closer to the end of the season, they are more likely to be facing some teams who have nothing to play for and are "already on the beach" (Bournemouth this year though-not Dubai!)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

For me, it's more the fact that closer to the end of the season, they are more likely to be facing some teams who have nothing to play for and are "already on the beach" (Bournemouth this year though-not Dubai!)
Haven’t they got quite a few games agaisnt the top 8? he championship is always notoriously tight going into the final games

Skybluefaz

When Villa had the Covids they fielded a team of 17/18 year olds v Liverpool in the cup. How come Rotherham don't have to v us? Unless every age group is affected some how. Which would be pretty unlikely.

Marty

EFL have fucked up here, it took them so long to decide what to do last year that they've had to cram a fixture in near enough every weekend then midweek, they had 2 international breaks (which weren't needed) at the start of the season that alone could have cleared up to 6 matches. IMO they should have dropped the EFL trophy & League cup, made the front end of the season fixture heavy to allow for these postponements towards the end.

no_loyalty

When Villa had the Covids they fielded a team of 17/18 year olds v Liverpool in the cup. How come Rotherham don't have to v us? Unless every age group is affected some how. Which would be pretty unlikely.

The FA only applied that rule in the FA cup.

Terry Gibson's perm

Didn’t go to well for us when we played Bolton’s team of kids.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm under no illusions that it would equal a comfortable victory for us! Just not sure on the rules.

They should be made to play as long as they have a goalkeeper and ten players available including youth team players, but we know what the efl are like.

Frostie

Perhaps Karanka would be better to get his own house in order. I can’t imagine the Birmingham fans will blame us if we stay up at their expense? He should do his talking on the field and worry about his own team. We won’t need any motivation when we play them next month. Does he seriously think that we would choose to postpone all these games? His comments were disrespectful to everyone who has suffered from this awful disease. Problem is a lot of people have no symptoms. Maybe he ought to have a reality check and speak with Steve Cotterill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karanka is desperate to deflect from his own massive failings.

For what it's worth, he also gave an interview blaming us this week, saying we've ruined their pitch. Completely ignores the fact we have a much better record on the same surface & they're a hoof ball team anyway. It's actually helped them when they've faced better footballing sides.

That said, I do think there is something obviously going wrong in your protocols for it to happen multiple times when you have a small squad & supposedly state of the art facilities whilst most other clubs haven't had same issues.

Magwitch1

We will beat Rotherham regardless when we play them we have now a full squad hitting form shadows of last season, bring them on.

steve cooper

The government guidelines are here.
They state that 10 full days must elapse between a positive test and completion of isolation. so a test on 15th of the month, isolation ends at 23.59 on 25th
Rotherham played Sheff W on Wednesday so the positive tests must have been on Thursday or Friday.
I believe they were on Friday but even if they were on Thursday 4th, the isolation period ends next Sunday at 23.59.
Not sure how they can play us unless they are forced to field a team of players who are not in isolation.

robbiethemole

The government guidelines are here.
They state that 10 full days must elapse between a positive test and completion of isolation. so a test on 15th of the month, isolation ends at 23.59 on 25th
Rotherham played Sheff W on Wednesday so the positive tests must have been on Thursday or Friday.
I believe they were on Friday but even if they were on Thursday 4th, the isolation period ends next Sunday at 23.59.
Not sure how they can play us unless they are forced to field a team of players who are not in isolation.

Better explanation than my post #89. well done mate

robbiethemole

Karanka is desperate to deflect from his own massive failings.

For what it's worth, he also gave an interview blaming us this week, saying we've ruined their pitch. Completely ignores the fact we have a much better record on the same surface & they're a hoof ball team anyway. It's actually helped them when they've faced better footballing sides.

That said, I do think there is something obviously going wrong in your protocols for it to happen multiple times when you have a small squad & supposedly state of the art facilities whilst most other clubs haven't had same issues.

We've had 6 losses in 35 games played there, how is it our fault they're so fecking wank? Blokes clutching at straws to save his job, let's hope they keep him until the end of the season.

Magwitch1

Been reading about this and I don’t think any of the affected players will be able to play but i think the EFL will be saying our fixture will go ahead with the unaffected players available.

AFCCOVENTRY

There’s a couple of unknowns here. Says 6 players and staff. It could be 1 player and 5 staff or 3 of each etc...

However the Rotherham fans don’t know how they will be able to play 3 games a week through April. D

Sky Blue Harry H

Update from the Yorkshire post re: Rotherham v City game

It is understood that the four or five players who tested positive last week will miss Coventry’s visit, but provided the outbreak has been confined, the game should proceed. Rotherham have closed their training ground, and all Football League clubs undergo twice-weekly testing.

lifeskyblue

If they were tested straight after last Wednesday and they isolate for 10days then surely the Saturday they due to play us is the 10th day...so they can’t have trained as a group before then.
Presumably they will be tested again this Wednesday or Thursday...depending on that will determine if our game v them should be on or off

jordan210

If they were tested straight after last Wednesday and they isolate for 10days then surely the Saturday they due to play us is the 10th day...so they can’t have trained as a group before then.
Presumably they will be tested again this Wednesday or Thursday...depending on that will determine if our game v them should be on or off

Really if they have any positives and havent trained so no contact for 10 days they should have to put out a team from the negatives.

Frostie

Update from the Yorkshire post re: Rotherham v City game

It is understood that the four or five players who tested positive last week will miss Coventry’s visit, but provided the outbreak has been confined, the game should proceed. Rotherham have closed their training ground, and all Football League clubs undergo twice-weekly testing.

So, on Tuesday there were 2 positives from just under 6,000 tests across the whole of the EFL , 70/72 clubs had zero positives & then days later Rotherham alone have 4 or 5 players (any staff etc too?).

They are clearly doing something very wrong with their protocols.

Terry Gibson's perm

So, on Tuesday there were 2 positives from just under 6,000 tests across the whole of the EFL , 70/72 clubs had zero positives & then days later Rotherham alone have 4 or 5 players (any staff etc too?).

They are clearly doing something very wrong with their protocols.

I hope they have a plan in place if this sort of thing happens two weeks before the end of the season.

ccfcricoh

I'm not sure why games have been postponed for this at all, all teams in the Championship have academies or U23s of some sort.

There is no way they dont have a squad of 15 fit players, all teams should have fulfilled their fixtures or forfeited the game.

Easy to say i suppose when we have (touch wood) been low on Covid cases (thats what sticking to rules gets you i suppose!)

AFCCOVENTRY

The training ground will re-open on Friday apparently.

Whoever the 4/5 players are won’t be able to play on Saturday.

AFCCOVENTRY

The 4/5 players could be fringe players for all we know. But the likelihood is if there’s been an outbreak then some more players could be caught out on the next testing round tomorrow.

clint van damme

Hopefully gives us a big advantage if they're playing with a load missing through covid, a load missing through injuries and none of them having trained.

Beat them and I think we're most of the way safe so it could be huge.

Still be work to do but you'd have to be confident of picking up more points against Luton and Wycombe and opening up a decent gap.

Users who are viewing this thread