Match Thread Rotherham United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Oct (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

Robins is probably half relieved to get the loss over with. There's some pressure off and a chance for some players to receive a bollocking.

The passing out from the back needs to be addressed. A plan B wouldn't hurt and you could see clearly today that there isn't one in place and that's essentially Robins fault.

Last edited:

Johhny Blue

Robins is probably half relived to get the loss over with. There's some pressure relieved and a chance for some players to receive a bollocking.

The passing out from the back needs to be addressed. A plan B wouldn't hurt and you could see clearly today that there isn't one in place and that's essentially Robin's fault.
Who's Robin?

stevefloyd

Ahh well a really bad day at the orifice (meant that) teams are finding us out maybe and working hard to force errors to which we duly obliged, hopefully just a blip and all is forgiven next game.
We had to lose at some point so its how we bounce back now

clint van damme

I'd have snapped your hand off for where we are after 10 games, (Or is it 11).
Fu king dreadful but not going to go all doom and gloom after 1 result. As others have said, if we're going to have tilt at it this season we'll have a positve reaction to today.

Warwickhunt

All teams are now pressing us high to stop the play out and panic the defenders! MR needs to counteract that for the first 15/20 minutes which will bring their high pressing players back and then start to introduce the play out from the back. Would certainly surprise the opposition manager if we did that

pusbccfc

That was horrific.

It's all good playing out the back at home in comfortable circumstances, but when you're 1-0 down early on away, you need to be sensible.

McFad has been a mistake waiting to happen all season.

Adge

An absolute horror show! Highlight of the game was us getting awarded a foul throw and Shipley trying to do his best Paulo Di Canio impersonation.

shmmeee

Bit of an overreaction considering 4-3-3 saw us go unbeaten for 10 games

I think the makeup of the squad is slightly different and Robins has preferred 4231 before. Walsh and Kelly both available is a nice base and I think Godden is isolated up front so moving O’Hare up would help that.

Besides the argument before was that we hadn’t lost so why change the team? I feel we’ve been stuttering a bit the last couple of games and could do with a freshen up.

Paxman II

The tactics of Rotherham got under our skin tbf. They stopped us playing our game from the off and it worked with some good fortune and our own poor decisions and play which got worse as the game went on. So many players not at the races today - Shipley, Walsh, Mcfazdean, Dabo in particular.
We must not go crazy about it as it is not like we were outplayed all day. Stick with our style of play and correct it next week but a scolding from Robin's is required and then bury the result as a first defeat and move on. Positive is that Kelly is back. When can we see Allen?

SeaSeeEffCee

We’ve gone from a fairly solid defensive team to a disaster waiting to happen and I don’t think the attacking output has improved enough to justify it.

covcity4life

Kelly back, Jobello out, McFadz suspended, U23 game in midweek. Chance to take stock and make some changes. Maybe move to a 4231.
1 loss and change tactics?!

Rose for fadz
Kastaneer to get conseuctive games

And away we go live on sky to show world we are better thn this

And checkatrsde in midweek. I expect wakefield to play rw. Lets see if he takes chance

stupot07

That was so typical Cov. Unlike most teams, we cant lose our unbeaten run by a tight 1 goal defeat against a top team. We're cov and have to do these things spectacularly badly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Paul Anthony

I totally understand why people are saying don't over react, let's not have a meltdown etc. And it's not that we've lost that's got me. It's the manner of it.

To make that mistake once is bad. OK, you can probably understand it, it happens. To do it twice is completely unforgivable. To do it three times is an absolute madness. Then we went and nearly did it a fourth time. And when one of them has the experience of McFadzean, he should have taken charge of it and said "its not working, get rid of it." And it's not like we looked too dangerous going forward, or offered anything from set pieces.

I suppose at the end of the day we've got to put it down to bad experience and move on. But we've got to learn there's a time and a place for passing it, and sometimes it just needs getting out of the danger area.

robbiekeane

I think oggy talks sense and just summed it up pretty well on the phone in. People complaining about the passing game and how we just need to put a foot through it and that’s absolutely fair.

But...at least two of the goals and a sending off (I didn’t see the first goal or the build up to the penalty for goal one) were just stupid basic passing errors that you wouldn’t expect from your youth team. Hyams misconstrue was awful and there is no excuse for Mcfadz not making sure that pass was for Marosi or just claiming it himself.

Skybluefaz

I totally understand why people are saying don't over react, let's not have a meltdown etc. And it's not that we've lost that's got me. It's the manner of it.

To make that mistake once is bad. OK, you can probably understand it, it happens. To do it twice is completely unforgivable. To do it three times is an absolute madness. Then we went and nearly did it a fourth time. And when one of them has the experience of McFadzean, he should have taken charge of it and said "its not working, get rid of it." And it's not like we looked too dangerous going forward, or offered anything from set pieces.

I suppose at the end of the day we've got to put it down to bad experience and move on. But we've got to learn there's a time and a place for passing it, and sometimes it just needs getting out of the danger area.
When you have gone 10 unbeaten I suppose you don't just chuck all your footballing principles out of the window and change to meat and potato 442 football straight away. I get the frustration but it is what it is and McFadzean should pay the price by losing his place in the team for a while.

robbiekeane

Why the fuck do they read out these stupid texts on the phone in? Some melon saying loan players shouldn’t get the nod above permanent players and it gives the wrong message to the squad....
Are most of our fan base just genuinely not very intelligent?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dreadful performance all round but it's taken 11 games which is longer than normal and as long as we bounce back midweek and most importantly next weekend I'd rather have everyone have an awful game in one match than 2 or 3 every game.

Playing around at the back was a calamity but I'm still OK with it on the whole, especially if Hyam and Rose are paired (even though both fucked up massively as well) but if/when McFadz comes back in we need to realise it's not his natural game and let him clear it.

For a while I've been expected a team to try the high press and today we struggled, albeit with some suicidal playing around, so others will now replicate it and definitely need to mix it up even more but this style of play has largely served us well so far this season so no need to scrap the entire thing.

All in all a very bad day at the office but no need to completely lose it. Just need to make sure we see a reaction.

Paul Anthony

When you have gone 10 unbeaten I suppose you don't just chuck all your footballing principles out of the window and change to meat and potato 442 football straight away. I get the frustration but it is what it is and McFadzean should pay the price by losing his place in the team for a while.

I can of course understand not wanting to change things when it's been going well, it's not something you want to do. But just feel we've had warning signs in previous games by doing it, and really if it's causing problems in a game, then it needs changing. If we want to go up, we've got to be able to make those changes during the game and use our heads a bit more.

Johnnythespider

Well the straight red will see him out for the next 3, hopefully the team will get back to winning ways next Sunday and he will have a bit longer to ponder some of his passing.

ccfc1234

Mcfaz is a leader but vs Doncaster was a liability and today a disaster. He seems seriously error prone when the ball is on the floor. Of Rose Hyam work well he can't expect to walk back in.

With Jobello out is the loan market an option?

Users who are viewing this thread