Match Thread Rotherham United FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 25th Oct (2 Viewers)

coop

COH will keep us up and then be off in the summer I'd imagine.
Can't do it all on his own mate need alot to change in a short space of time why drop Thomas and sakamoto when both had decent games keeping Eccles on and on corners is bad management

Grendel

Big worry for me would be that the players we're supposed to have lined up for January might not fancy joining us if we continue to struggle

nah they will look at the great summer signings - give your head a wobble

Londonccfcfan

Rathbone has been very good for Rotherham driving them forward from midfield, capped by that very good goal. Rotherham taking the piss by putting the ball out for corner after corner.
He was full of energy...we really have lost so much energy from our team...its so fucking slow and laborious.

We are fucking lethal last year on the counter attack. Polar fucking opposite this season.

Sky Blue Pete

Can't do it all on his own mate need alot to change in a short space of time why drop Thomas and sakamoto when both had decent games keeping Eccles on and on corners is bad management
We have to play 2 behind the one striker and speed up the play
It’s pedestrian
We deserved nothing tonight
Rotherham fully deserved their win
Can’t really understand other than if you set up to pass the ball with no effort to work the ball forward at pace you have to have strikers that make moves in the box
Ours don’t
Simms did ok
Godden and wright not so

Grendel

He's been poor but did put in 3 crosses from which we should have scored, Van Ewijk much worse

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Both are hopeless at defending which is a real worry

junglej13

Really don't know where to start. Unfortunately it was wholly predictable. The formation is awful and reminds me of the season we first went up but with worse players. Absolutely nothing going forward. I was pleased when we signed Simms but he looks every bit as shit as Wright. I would freeze them both out for a few games. Back to the box with Godden up front.

fatso

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh frustrating as fuck didn't deserve to lose that one could easily have won but just not converting chances. We had this last season and can turn it around again.
Over the 90 minutes we got what we deserved.
We had plenty of possession in the first half, but lacked creativity and had nothing up front.
It was the same story against Bristol City which shows that we are lacking a cutting edge.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I have to say the area of the corners was good
If no fucker is gonna attempt to win the ball or get on the end what difference does it make who takes it
They were completely inconsistent, either beyond every player or near post defender, they all need to know where it’s going to be otherwise the players are on their heels.
This is something they should be able to perfect in training

Blind-Faith

Getting done 2-0 by a Rotherham team with numerous defensive injuries , fucking joke

The 31 corners count is ridiculous , it’s not that we haven’t scored , it’s the fact I can’t remember any of them going to one of our players.

Sure I’ll be ok in the morning but atm , fed up and pissed off with it all atm

Sky Blue Harry H

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh frustrating as fuck didn't deserve to lose that one could easily have won but just not converting chances. We had this last season and can turn it around again.

Pretty much as I want to post, but with one more h on the end of Arghhhhh.........................

We'll beat the Baggies, though, and just glad C O'H wasn't injured.

Edit: Is Greggs planning an all nighter starting strange threads?

skyblu3sk

Anonymous true but Wright isn’t the answer , he’s our worst expensive buy since Kevin cunty Kyle
We know Godden he goes through spells of putting it in the net then gets injured. Wright is a new entity and we have invested heavily in him so should give it a shot.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

No and even if we went down it wouldn’t be
He has earned the right to get them playing and winning
Has to change it up
Saka has to play
Can’t believe how many chances they had
Bore off - spending 20m and going down would be a disaster of epic proportions. He earned the right to spend the 20m but what he’s bought is shite

Martin180

nah they will look at the great summer signings - give your head a wobble
And you get annoyed at the constant Kenny Jackett comments ? Boring
I genuinely thought that the signings we made were exciting and a massive improvement, since then I've retracted that.
But hey you keep digging that back up for points eh?

Paxman II

We dominate, fail to convert chances then get all at sea at the back. We play sideways, backwards and are lacking some decent runs from the forwards. Godden frustrated with his team mates again failing to see the pass. I'm not sure what the issue is but we need a settled side and a change in formation. Dare I say Allen is a miss? It seems like nonone is taking charge. We have the players, the technique and by far a better team than Bristol or Rotherham, yet we capitulate again. Something needs addressing. We have given away 6 points in two games that we should be winning.

Users who are viewing this thread