Match Thread Rotherham United FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 25th Oct (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Ok I take that back haha I love the bloke

but something isn’t right

we look a poor side

why isn’t Liam Kitching playing?

Every time we ask this, the player comes in and looks worse than what he replaced. So maybe don’t ask.

Positive hat on: we don’t look a poor side. We keep the ball well and since Sheaf has been back move it better too. We’re clearly lacking a CM and an AM and we need a settled back three and front two, but when they’re confident the players have the quality. It all looks mental right now. As soon as we concede (and we will cos the defence isn’t settled), we fall apart mentally and it all become big hopeful kicks down the pitch. There’s no leadership and no character in the side. Whoever we bring in in Jan has to solve that.

junglej13

Godden hasn't played well the last few games but tarnishing him with the same brush as the other two is undeserved. He at least has some movement about him.

I get angrier by the game at what we have spent on Wright. I actually mean this when I say he honestly looks like he's never played the game before. Has anyone seen anything in any appearance to suggest he has any positive attributes?

Jamieb87ccfc

I’d rather we play Bidwell than Da Silva, Bidwell shows some leadership and strength and was part of a strong team last season and pick a settled back 3. Also time for Ayari to get booted all the way back to Brighton, absolutely useless player.

Martin180

I hear Gareth Ainsworth will be available soon..
Cbs No GIF by HULU

blunted

Dreadful. We have just played two of the worst teams (Sheffield Wednesday aside) when you look at their injuries and been crap overall. Another conceded header from a cross then game over. How many times are we going to let in headers from crosses? Cannot get shots on target most of the time. Ref shit again. Worried now as Rotherham (second win of the season for them with only half of their first choice team). They had loads of good chances. I have been thinking it will come good, but perhaps the box away is now needed. Thomas stupid getting booked and a ban. Da Silva was good until they scored then lost it for a while. Milan and Eccles were shagged out well before the end and needed a rest. There may be trouble ahead.

Paxman II

I am frustrated like so many on here because we should be in the top six after two away wins, but instead we are down in the doldrums. I know there are only a few points between a lot of places at this relatively early stage but all the same it's what I and I think many of us expected to be. The next game becomes more of a must win to steady the nerves and get us on track.

wingy

I think we've become so used to Gyokeres or Hamer dragging us through games we've forgotten that there's no one else to do it, the players all look like they are waiting for someone else to do something special and there's no one, on the bright side O'Hare and Sakamoto looked lively when they came on and I'd play them at the top of the box with one upfront.
Not sure which run of play it was,Wright's appetite for the game looked suspect to me was a headed ball by whoever which was heading wide but he could have deflected but the desire to get on it but the desire to get on wasn't there

Sky Blue Pete

Godden hasn't played well the last few games but tarnishing him with the same brush as the other two is undeserved. He at least has some movement about him.

I get angrier by the game at what we have spent on Wright. I actually mean this when I say he honestly looks like he's never played the game before. Has anyone seen anything in any appearance to suggest he has any positive attributes?
Was pulled back as he beat their defender we should be playing it up to him and simms
We don’t we pass pass pass and then lump it in or win a corner

SeaSeeEffCee

I am frustrated like so many on here because we should be in the top six after two away wins, but instead we are down in the doldrums. I know there are only a few points between a lot of places at this relatively early stage but all the same it's what I and I think many of us expected to be. The next game becomes more of a must win to steady the nerves and get us on track.
Do you still think we’ll be challenging for the automatics Paxman?

Warwickhunt

Simms game lifted when Godden went off! Is Godden taking the space Simms needs to play or what? or don't they like playing with each other?

Otis

I feel pretty much the same after this game as the Bristol one. This team will come good, and the players who are going to get slaughtered on here tonight will prove people wrong.

Really frustrating at the moment though.
Yup. I believe it too. I don't believe these are poor players.

They are lacking confidence and the midfield is short of the quality needed.

We thought maybe Ayari could step up, but he seems short of what we need. He is not strong enough, easily being knocked off the ball and losing possession in dangerous areas at both ends of the pitch

We need Allen back.

Rotherham deserved their victory, but we did have some very decent chances of our own again. Simms had two saved and should have done better with a 3rd and Sakamoto had a great chance too

As forlorn as we were in the end, I honestly believed that had we scored first, we would have won and when we went a goal down, that if we had equalised, we would have gone on to win

I think we are just feeling awfully sorry for ourselves right now. We are playing some good football at times, yet still appear disjointed.

I don't think we will be in any trouble though, I honestly don't.

I think we will be okay. We have to start taking these chances though. We are missing far too many right now when on top and it's costing us.

Keep the faith.

ccfc1234

Thanks for incredible memories mark

if something doesn’t change in the next 3 games I’d look at making a change
I think more than 3 games but it's hard to get away from the accusation that Robins isnt a manager who can operate at the top end of the championship. He had 20m to spend which at our level is a war chest and we had 8million Wright on the bench and 6.5m worth of defenders who cant make the 1st team. Somethings not working and it needs to be addressed quickly.

Why was Saka dropped from the 10 role tonight, he was great vs Bristol City?

Users who are viewing this thread