Rotherham attendance (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Early but to borrow a phrase, here we go.

Rotherham have been allocated just over 2,000, their first visit here with fans

Hoping we can still get 20k with it being a Sunday

Sbarcher

It’s a bummer for me. Booked my holiday starting on the Sunday to make sure I attended this game only for it to be changed from the Saturday.

GaryJones

lord_garrincha

They brought over a thousand for the big game at St Andrews on a mid week. So, I doubt they will need anymore than they have, but first away game (albeit a Sunday) & a ground to tick off may swell it.

EalingSB

Absolutely gutted. Booked a flight ages ago to come back. Goal was to attend the opening away game and the first home game - Sunderland at midday on a Sunday ruled that one out and last night I realised the Rotherham game had, in June, been moved to Sunday. My flight is 16.45 on the Sunday from City and doesn’t look like I can change it for Monday.

Gint11

21,000 SBA, 1,000 Millers and 9,000 fans dressed up as blue seats

Esoterica

Am actually back in the UK for this one. Currently working out the logistics of getting from Worcester to Coventry on a Sunday afternoon in the hope it's feasible. Hope the trains are available, reliable and that my parents will take my daughter. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

Last edited:

Cv3cov

Might be held back, sign of new crowd control tactics for bigger games? 81ABA5FB-6D0E-4441-AE02-4322B9E45C05.png

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

22k bare minimum. Category B helps. A lot of additional people don't work on Sunday and may now be able to make it.

5k if we beat Sunderland well on sky and keep the big three/announce new contracts.

I think Rotherham will bring well over 2000 for their first ever trip here.

SBchimp

We got 21k v Forest last year, which was on Sky but Forest filled their end too.
The return to Cov game of last year felt much bigger than Rotherham on a Sunday so if we hit 21k again I think that would be progress

pusbccfc

We got 21k v Forest last year, which was on Sky but Forest filled their end too.
The return to Cov game of last year felt much bigger than Rotherham on a Sunday so if we hit 21k again I think that would be progress

Our crowds, home and away, increased as the season went on.

Bit like how we took so few to Barnsley on the first away. It's different now.

Forest brought 3500 I think? Rotherham could bring up to 3k as it's their first ever visit.

WGABSOOS

Our crowds, home and away, increased as the season went on.

Bit like how we took so few to Barnsley on the first away. It's different now.

Forest brought 3500 I think? Rotherham could bring up to 3k as it's their first ever visit.
Only got a 2k allocation

CV22SBA

Rotherham's average last season was 1,258. As the game's on a Sunday and depending how they get on against Swansea i can't see them bringing many more than that. 1.5K max.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Am actually back in the UK for this one. Currently working out the logistics of getting from Worcester to Coventry on a Sunday afternoon in the hope it's feasible. Hope the trains are available, reliable and that my parents will take my daughter. What could possibly go wrong? 😂
I may be able to help.
Based in Tewkesbury so could possibly give you a lift Let me know if you haven't sorted something out

samccov1987

Anyone else still waiting for their season tickets to turn up? Half expecting ticketshafter chaos at the shop pre match.

slowpoke

We were getting 17/18000+ home fans regular last season and have increased STs to over 13000 so 20000 home fans wouldn’t be too bad with it being a Sunday, is it on tv ? if not I’d hope home support to be more.

Paxman II

19,500. If we have a good result at Sunderland we may push into 22000, but lots of sceptisism about the season ahead and Coventrians doing what they do best - holding back, wait a see attitude no doubt. Conversely I expect near 40,000 for Sunderland's first home game back in the Championship. It's just more fervent up there. It will all be different when we reach the playoff final and everybody and his dog will want a ticket!

Evo1883

19,500. If we have a good result at Sunderland we may push into 22000, but lots of sceptisism about the season ahead and Coventrians doing what they do best - holding back, wait a see attitude no doubt. Conversely I expect near 40,000 for Sunderland's first home game back in the Championship. It's just more fervent up there. It will all be different when we reach the playoff final and everybody and his dog will want a ticket!
Scepticism ? There's nothing to suggest that .. record ST sales .. no big players gone , some decent transfers in ..

I'd say most are quite buoyant about the season

CV22SBA

We were getting 17/18000+ home fans regular last season and have increased STs to over 13000 so 20000 home fans wouldn’t be too bad with it being a Sunday, is it on tv ? if not I’d hope home support to be more.
The increase in ST’s are not new fans it’s the ones that turned up last season and paid £25 to £30 a ticket. Our crowds will be roughly the same as last season and I reckon 18-20K for the Rotherham game.

Skybluecol

20k would be a good turnout, especially being bang in the middle of the holiday season. Fortunately, I'm back off holiday on the Friday before the game 🙂

TomRad85

Scepticism ? There's nothing to suggest that .. record ST sales .. no big players gone , some decent transfers in ..

I'd say most are quite buoyant about the season
Cautiously buoyant I would say. Would absolutely not rule out our owners fucking us before the close of the window.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Cautiously buoyant I would say. Would absolutely not rule out our owners fucking us before the close of the window.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Aye, finding it hard to get overly excited about the coming season at the moment considering the ITKs have been saying all summer that we’re desperately in need of cash and that someone is going to be sold. Will need to wait and see until that happens, and what the aftermath is.

Users who are viewing this thread