Rooney (1 Viewer)

wingy

Personally i'd go so far as to say Rooney was cynical and knew exactly what he was doing ,he's not really young any more in the sense he is married with a family ,the punishment is harsh ,take the scotland game the other night ,Pique slides in and takes the ball off CMS the pundits describe a world class tackle ,he took the ball but was off his feet ,if it had been micheal dawson it would have been reckless .there is some anti English feeling in the powers that be ,but it comes from the fact they fear becoming marginalised by the prem and other successful euro leagues .International football is very low on the players priorities now as their bread and butter football holds their focus ,thats where the cynisism is for me ,i don't think he cares if he's there or not,along with a few others ,scholles/ vidic for example .it could be argued that while he brings some star quality to the side ,it can be devisive to the team ,its a little like King with us last season he became our talisman and was skillful,but we went off the boil with his introduction

Kuklinski

"If I was on £200,000 a week" blah blah blah. Same old argument. Fact is, you have no idea how you'd react. I'm not excusing any behaviour but if you're focusing on one side of it then the view is unbalanced and that's exactly what you're doing. Football supporters aren't scrutinized 7 days a week either, they have this unfounded belief that because they're on minimum wage they get to shout obscenities at whoever they like, whenever they like but because that footballer is on a lot more than them they don't have a say back. Get real.

So football supporters are on minimum wage now? I doubt the majority abused by Rooneyscum in S.Africa are on minimum wage. As for having a say back, supporters who shell out fortunes to follow that shower around the world, are they not allowed to voice their displeasure at these so called world class players performing like crap? Bless, does it bother the precious luvvies that some fans booed them? Maybe you should get real. Just for the record, I don't boo players if they play crap, individually or as a team, being a Cov fan I accept it's a reality of life.

Advocate of choice? Because I said supporters have a choice! Ok, yes Rooney made a bad choice. It was petulant. Malicious... No. Petulant. WOW, nobody's ever been petulant before :eek: HANG HIM, disgusting little child.

Just as he was petulant when he stamped on Carvalho at the 2006 World Cup, just as he is week in week out playing for Man Utd. If you think his behaviour on a football pitch (let alone his antics off it) are acceptable thats your choice, but also accept others are entitled to the opposite opinion. He's a boorish pathetic manchild, and the sooner he is gone from football the better the game will be.

Kuklinski

You like the word despicable don't you?

I'm sober now so not as an argumentative as last night but calling Rooney despicable scum is laughable!!!

And not thinking about taking him to the Euro's when he is far and away our best player is equally laughable.

It's merely my opinion, but in almost every area of his life he acts in a despicable manner, hence I find him despicable.

I wouldn't take him to the Euro's because he isn't worthy of a place, once again due to his own actions. I'm not the most forgiving person, but maybe it's because I won't let people shit on me time after time, I have more self respect than to allow it.

P.S. If drinking makes you argumentative perhaps you should give it up?

Last edited:

kg82

Minimum wage was an example, I didn't say all of them are.

And there we go, picking on something that happened 5 years ago. Move on, most people have. I accept people don't like him, I'm not his biggest fan as a person but this is nothing to do with this incident, it's dragging up things from his past and his private life which have no bearing on the what happened against Montenegro, completely seperate incident. That's what I'm not accepting about your reasons, because they are purely based on your dislike of him as a person.

kg82

Hah! How is Rooney shitting on you?! Do you take it that personally or is your ego that big that you think he's always planning his next action to shit on you?! Self respect?! Because your arguing against Rooney going?! I say again, get real.

rob9872

Make your mind up - yesterday you found him "undespicable" :D

Kuklinski

Minimum wage was an example, I didn't say all of them are.

And there we go, picking on something that happened 5 years ago. Move on, most people have. I accept people don't like him, I'm not his biggest fan as a person but this is nothing to do with this incident, it's dragging up things from his past and his private life which have no bearing on the what happened against Montenegro, completely seperate incident. That's what I'm not accepting about your reasons, because they are purely based on your dislike of him as a person.

They are based on him being a pathetic individual, and while the Carvalho incident was over 5 years ago, his weekly rantings at referee's are and always will be an up to date thing, and his sending off last friday is hardly old news is it? It's a constant thing with him, and some of us are sick and tired of it over shadowing what should be the bigger picture.

kg82

Hold on, so there are no other players doing that to refs week in, week out? But he gets picked out because you don't like him? Look at him when he got sent off, he was apologetic and didn't argue with the decision. He knew he'd done wrong and he took the punishment. Was it worth the 3 matches... No.

smileycov

Facebook User
I find players that con ref's more despicable if i'm honest. Barcelona best club side in the world or worst cheats and play acters?? also....again i say 3 match ban for that? harsh!!

Kuklinski

I find players that con ref's more despicable if i'm honest. Barcelona best club side in the world or worst cheats and play acters?? also....again i say 3 match ban for that? harsh!!

I despise players play acting and trying to con referee's, but nothing was done in the early days when it was the odd player who did it, now it's almost expected of them. the same with Rooneyscum, nothing was done when the Man Utd players regularly harangued referee's, so now Rooney and his like think they can bad mouth and intimidate referee's on a weekly basis.

Hold on, so there are no other players doing that to refs week in, week out? But he gets picked out because you don't like him? Look at him when he got sent off, he was apologetic and didn't argue with the decision. He knew he'd done wrong and he took the punishment. Was it worth the 3 matches... No.

Where did I say there were no other players at it? He gets picked out for a combination of me not liking him and the fact that he's our highest profile player. It was worth a 3 match ban because that is the rules, maybe he might learn to control his childish petulance next time??

stupot07

I can't believe there are so many poster that think the 3 match ban was harsh. However hard he kicked him in the laws of the game it was violent conduct. In the premier league or football league that's an automatic 3 match ban. It's just that uefa's system for dealing with the offence is inconsistent and a bit odd. He can only blame himself for the ban.

Players get sent off and get 3 match bans for raising their hands with much less force than Rooney's kick.

I would agree with the 3 match ban if it had happened to any of the players.

LastGarrison

It's merely my opinion, but in almost every area of his life he acts in a despicable manner, hence I find him despicable.

I wouldn't take him to the Euro's because he isn't worthy of a place, once again due to his own actions. I'm not the most forgiving person, but maybe it's because I won't let people shit on me time after time, I have more self respect than to allow it.

P.S. If drinking makes you argumentative perhaps you should give it up?

You know that much about his life then, to know that he acts despicable in almost every aspect of his life? Feel free to expand as you know so much. Despicable with his kid? His family? His mates? The way he treats people?

And believe I don't need a drink to be argumentative. Especially when people are talking utter bollocks.

Johnnythespider

To be honest i would,nt take him, i'm more brassed off that crouch gets left out when he has a scoring record for England that is second to none. Rooney has only himself to blame for the 3 match ban. People say he is world class but would he get into the spanish, brazillian, argentinian or german teams, i think not.

Macca

I despise players play acting and trying to con referee's, but nothing was done in the early days when it was the odd player who did it, now it's almost expected of them. the same with Rooneyscum, nothing was done when the Man Utd players regularly harangued referee's, so now Rooney and his like think they can bad mouth and intimidate referee's on a weekly basis.

Where did I say there were no other players at it? He gets picked out for a combination of me not liking him and the fact that he's our highest profile player. It was worth a 3 match ban because that is the rules, maybe he might learn to control his childish petulance next time??

nice to see someone bucking the trend of celebrity worship

Kuklinski

You know that much about his life then, to know that he acts despicable in almost every aspect of his life? Feel free to expand as you know so much. Despicable with his kid? His family? His mates? The way he treats people?

And believe I don't need a drink to be argumentative. Especially when people are talking utter bollocks.

I must be mistaken then, he's a shining beacon of all that is pure and good.

Let us all worship a man who is a raging bull on the pitch and continually costs us with his reckless behaviour.
Let us embrace a man who cheats on his then girlfriend with a prostitute, but went on to prove how well he treats his family by shagging more prostitutes years later while his wife was pregnant. Nothing despicable about it at all.

Some people it seems can excuse any type of behaviour.

It bloody annoys me when you hear grown men saying things like "he owned up straight away and apologised". This is what you expect of a child who does something wreckless and apologises because he then realises that he's about to get a bollocking.
With a child, you give the bollocking and the punishment and then do it every other time until the childs brain learns to not go around fucking kicking people. Rooney is a complete knob, as is any grown man who hasn't learnt not to lash out at people.

LastGarrison

I must be mistaken then, he's a shining beacon of all that is pure and good.

Let us all worship a man who is a raging bull on the pitch and continually costs us with his reckless behaviour.
Let us embrace a man who cheats on his then girlfriend with a prostitute, but went on to prove how well he treats his family by shagging more prostitutes years later while his wife was pregnant. Nothing despicable about it at all.

Some people it seems can excuse any type of behaviour.

Or lets all try and take the moral highground and preach about what despicable scum this horrible footballer is for getting sent off a couple of times and shagging a few tarts behind his missus' back. Who funnily enough seems to have forgiven him.

We clearly have different perspectives as despicable scum to me is nonces, rapists, people who rob old people, beat children etc. I honestly don't care enough about footballers, or football in general, to hold such strong strong views about someone who has stupidly got himself sent off a couple of times for England.

Have to say your values appear a little confused though considering on another thread you were speaking highly of people, who I think we can safely say can be classed as career criminals, yet consider Wayne Rooney despicable scum.

Odd.

Kuklinski

Or lets all try and take the moral highground and preach about what despicable scum this horrible footballer is for getting sent off a couple of times and shagging a few tarts behind his missus' back. Who funnily enough seems to have forgiven him.

When he got himself sent off against Portugal, we were later eliminated from the World Cup, so it wasn't a simple sending off, we may have win that night had he not resorted to violence on a football pitch.

Rooney now misses 3 games at the next Euro's. We may not even qualify from the group stage because once again he has resorted to thuggish violence. Look at the bigger picture and see the damage his violent acts have caused.

And I'm glad shagging prostitutes is such a flippant pastime in your book, do they charge much in Hillfields these days? Shock horror too, wife who is only known due to her multi-millionaire sporting husband forgives his dalliances with whores.

We clearly have different perspectives as despicable scum to me is nonces, rapists, people who rob old people, beat children etc. I honestly don't care enough about footballers, or football in general, to hold such strong strong views about someone who has stupidly got himself sent off a couple of times for England.

I agree that nonces, rapists etc are despicable, but that doesn't mean Rooney isn't, unless there is a scale of despicableness?

You don't care enough about footballers to hold such strong views on them, but strong enough to still be excusing their behaviour over a week after his latest moronic actions?

Have to say your values appear a little confused though considering on another thread you were speaking highly of people, who I think we can safely say can be classed as career criminals, yet consider Wayne Rooney despicable scum.

Odd.

People I know and have spent many occasions enjoying their company. And given the choice between mixing in their company and feeling welcome and at ease, or a violent timebomb like Rooney, I know which people I would choose to share a drink with.

LastGarrison

So just to clarify you don't class them as despicable scum? Although unlike Rooney they regularly break the law! There's on victimless crime you know. Now is that because you know them and not just making your judgements on what you see in the media?

And of course there's levels of despicableness unless you class the ilk of Huntley and Fritzel are on a par with the violent timebomb (snigger) that is Rooney?

Kuklinski

So just to clarify you don't class them as despicable scum? Although unlike Rooney they regularly break the law! There's on victimless crime you know. Now is that because you know them and not just making your judgements on what you see in the media?

So just to clarify, you are taking the moral high ground in regard to the victims of crime? But defending Rooney? There are innocent people on the receiving end of Rooney's actions you know? Or are you blind to it because because you've been brainwashed by the Rooney celebrity?

And of course there's levels of despicableness unless you class the ilk of Huntley and Fritzel are on a par with the violent timebomb (snigger) that is Rooney?

Huntley and Fritzel are despicable specimens, and so is Rooney.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dol-Wayne-Rooney-s-behaviour-banned-team.html

I guess his influence on youngsters is wonderful in your world?

LastGarrison

So just to clarify, you are taking the moral high ground in regard to the victims of crime? But defending Rooney? There are innocent people on the receiving end of Rooney's actions you know? Or are you blind to it because because you've been brainwashed by the Rooney celebrity?

Huntley and Fritzel are despicable specimens, and so is Rooney.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dol-Wayne-Rooney-s-behaviour-banned-team.html

I guess his influence on youngsters is wonderful in your world?
So your saying that Rooney is in the same bracket as Huntley and Fritzel? And there is no discernible difference between them as there isn't any different levels of despicable scum?

Your really saying that a football who is a bit of a twat is the same as a child killer and an incestuous rapist?

I think your the one who is caught up in all the celebrity thing hence your gross over reaction to Rooney. If it was a bloke down the pub who did it he'd be classed as a bit of a c**t and that would be it. I can't imagine anyone putting him on a par with child murderers.

Strange world you live in.

Kuklinski

So your saying that Rooney is in the same bracket as Huntley and Fritzel? And there is no discernible difference between them as there isn't any different levels of despicable scum?

Despicable scum is despicable scum, and Rooney is despicable scum. You brought Fritzel and Huntley into it, not me, I probably don't have the vocabulary to fully describe what I think to those pair.

Your really saying that a football who is a bit of a twat is the same as a child killer and an incestuous rapist?

Er no I'm not saying he is on a pair with that pair, it was you who brought them
Into it.

I think your the one who is caught up in all the celebrity thing hence your gross over reaction to Rooney. If it was a bloke down the pub who did it he'd be classed as a bit of a c**t and that would be it. I can't imagine anyone putting him on a par with child murderers.

As I've already stated, you were the one who brought the likes of Fritzel and Huntley into a discussion about a footballer, and you accuse me over an over reaction. Here Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle and his cousin Mr Black.

Strange world you live in.

I note you didn't make any comment on your hero's influencing of a 7 year old, must be that celebrity worship thing you've got blinding you again.

But just to clear things up for the mentally deficient, my thoughts on Rooney are thus, I detest the man, I detest most things about him. I detest his treatment of his girlfriend, now wife. I detest his behaviour towards England supporters who have shelled out fortunes to follow their team, only to have this waste of space representing them. I detest his behaviour and attitude towards officials who are merely trying to do their job. I detest the fact he is an influence on young children. And I have no qualms in stating that I hope to see his leg hanging off in different angles like David Busst's leg was, and his face contorted in pain. You don't have to agree with it, but it's how I feel, and no amount of argumentative bullying from you will make me change my opinion.

LastGarrison

Now don't be so sensitive.

I used those 2 examples as you are of the opinion that despicable scum is despicable scum and there is no difference. My views are that they are despicable scum and Rooney, who let's face it hasn't even done anything illegal, cannot be classed in anywhere near the same category as them.

Maybe the term despicable scum is used flippantly by yourself but I took it in the literal sense which he is clearly not.

Oh and for your info not sure about Hillfields but the going rate in the Dam is 50 euros, 1000 baht in Thailand and around 10 euros for the street whores in Benelmedena!

smileycov

Facebook User
LastGarrison, you are talking shite...............it's 20 Euros in Benalmadena, went in Sept :claping hands:

Kuklinski

If Rooney was to randomly kick or stamp on somebody in the street he would quite likely be facing criminal assault charges. Why it is not deemed a criminal act because it has occurred on a football pitch is beyond me.

I'm glad to see after your pedantism over the despicable scum remark, you have shown as much vigour in your defense of Rooney's influence on a 7-year old boy.

LastGarrison

If Rooney was to randomly kick or stamp on somebody in the street he would quite likely be facing criminal assault charges. Why it is not deemed a criminal act because it has occurred on a football pitch is beyond me.

I'm glad to see after your pedantism over the despicable scum remark, you have shown as much vigour in your defense of Rooney's influence on a 7-year old boy.

Too be honest I couldn't be arsed to read the link you put up and whatever some little 7 year old has blamed his actions on I'm sure there's 20 other kids who idolise Rooney and see him as a good role model. Hard working, desire to win, technique etc. etc.

Doesn't hide the fact that you are full of contradictions and it is laughable the reasoning behind your decision to brand him despicable scum and that you do not have the perspective to differ between real despicable scum (bored of that phrase now) and some petulant footballer.

The fact that your forum name and avatar is also of a high profile mass murderer is also somewhat ironic. Would you class yourself as celebrity obsessed despicable scum for idoising such a man?

Kuklinski

Too be honest I couldn't be arsed to read the link you put up and whatever some little 7 year old has blamed his actions on I'm sure there's 20 other kids who idolise Rooney and see him as a good role model. Hard working, desire to win, technique etc. etc.

Thankfully there are also a lot of youngsters who are bright enough to look beyond the celebrity and can see for themselves when a guy thinks they are wankers. Pity some grown men still maintain such youthful naivety they cannot see their heroes van be flawed.

Doesn't hide the fact that you are full of contradictions and it is laughable the reasoning behind your decision to brand him despicable scum and that you do not have the perspective to differ between real despicable scum (bored of that phrase now) and some petulant footballer.

What's laughable is the efforts you have gone to, to make me back off from calling him despicable scum. I can accept you don't agree with my assessment, but bringing in murderers and pedophiles in an attempt to bolster your opinion is at best laughable, and at worst in poor taste. But should I expect different of a man who talks of Rooney as a role model, whilst also regaling us with his knowledge of the cost of prostitutes worldwide?

The fact that your forum name and avatar is also of a high profile mass murderer is also somewhat ironic. Would you class yourself as celebrity obsessed despicable scum for idoising such a man?

Hardly a celebrity now is he? And I'd guess most people wouldn't have a clue who he is until you brought it up. But it was a choice between Kuklinski & Rooney, so I went with the man I admire, and not the c**t.

Users who are viewing this thread