Rod McDonald to leave in January? (2 Viewers)

ccfchoi87

Since relegation to league 1, only one good player has left us in Jan and we could do nothing about it

smileycov

Facebook User
If these rumours are true, and we do receive a bid I feel in our current situation we may have to accept. We need jones replacing, we need a goal scorer and /or a right winger. A mean defence is worthless unless we score st least a goal a game. We have Davies and stokes as cover, hyam has been decent by all accounts so it isn’t as if we are threadbare at the back. We possibly need the money to strengthen not sure if any left in the pot. However again just rumours, but is there s decent striker at dons or shrews that we could possibly get on loan to sweeten the deal? Wouldn’t feel as bad if we got good attacking players in with this bit of business.

better days

If these rumours are true, and we do receive a bid I feel in our current situation we may have to accept. We need jones replacing, we need a goal scorer and /or a right winger. A mean defence is worthless unless we score st least a goal a game. We have Davies and stokes as cover, hyam has been decent by all accounts so it isn’t as if we are threadbare at the back. We possibly need the money to strengthen not sure if any left in the pot. However again just rumours, but is there s decent striker at dons or shrews that we could possibly get on loan to sweeten the deal? Wouldn’t feel as bad if we got good attacking players in with this bit of business.
My feeling is that Robins may be trusted with one or two speedy young forwards from the top two divisions
He's shown he will use young players and allow them to learn the men's game in a team where we have a back bone of tough buggers who will make sure the kids don't get bullied
If we continue in the top six or so going into January a potential promotion campaign is better than being stuck in an U23 league playing glorified friendlies

Last edited:

Hobo

Who says this is a hypothetical rumour?
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
I have yet to see any evidence it is anything other than hypothetical?

I am not trying to be macho here but I don't possess a tin foil hat. I see hypothetical in a thread title and to me it means la la fantasy land.

johnwillomagic

tbf as we are a league two club if some club higher in league comes up with a decent bid both players head may be turned and we may have to take it for the money facts of life and where we are - even in premier league bigger teams poached out best how some can get upset if it happens when we are in league two beggars belief!!

Grendel

McDonald has hardly had any game time in league one so it would seem odd he’s being targeted

Hobo

Wilson summer, madders stayed on loan, mcgoldrick was a loan
Leon Clarke Callum Wilson James Maddison David Mcgoldrick ....

Clarke re signed for the club he supported as a boy and was going on strike to influence the deal. McGoldrick was not our player, he was on loan. Madison was sold but loaned back to us. Wilson was not sold in January.

Selling is part of any clubs economics, even in the Premier!

Gazolba

I'm resolved to the fact that everyone saleable will be gone.
Then if they stay, it's a happy surprise.

rupert_bear

Being cynical if I wanted to put a spoke into our promotion aims I’d split up our very successful defence hut toxic Tim wouldn’t do that, would he ?

mark82

Being cynical if I wanted to put a spoke into our promotion aims I’d split up our very successful defence hut toxic Tim wouldn’t do that, would he ?

There's no real evidence to suggest he would. Every player has his price though, even at the top clubs.

Covstu

We have this every year, some happen but most don’t. Seem to remember people we spitting venom when Stevenson was all but sold last January as he was our superstar but nothing happened, was it Conor Thomas the year before that?

We need to cash in if it makes financial sense but there has to be a game plan of good replacements. Promotion is paramount this season so hold onto them and sell for value in the summer if required.

Adge

We have this every year, some happen but most don’t. Seem to remember people we spitting venom when Stevenson was all but sold last January as he was our superstar but nothing happened, was it Conor Thomas the year before that?

We need to cash in if it makes financial sense but there has to be a game plan of good replacements. Promotion is paramount this season so hold onto them and sell for value in the summer if required.
What?! People spitting venom over Conor Thomas?:emoji_thinking:

Captain Dart

My gut feeling is no that one will be sold and the players Robins doesn't want will be going on loan.
Its pretty clear MacDonald is the most important player in the defence if not the entire team.

Last edited:

Covstu

What?! People spitting venom over Conor Thomas?:emoji_thinking:
clearly the memory of a goldfish, there was many a discussion on how good he was, cov boy etc etc. I think the Liverpool thing raised his profile unnecessarily.

Adge

clearly the memory of a goldfish, there was many a discussion on how good he was, cov boy etc etc. I think the Liverpool thing raised his profile unnecessarily.
I remember contributing to lots of discussions saying he was garbage. Most would have given him a lift to Swindon where again, he got found out and was quickly disposed of.

Users who are viewing this thread