Rod McDonald to leave in January? (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Apparently several clubs have been monitoring Rod McDonald, in particular MK Dons and Shrewsbury Town.
For me he has been outstanding this season and one of the main reasons we have conceded so few goals. A potential Player of the Season if he stays.
Come on City, we have struggled for so many years with our defence, let's keep one of the best ones we have.

pusbccfc

Would be a huge loss.

Robins will hopefully sell the prospect of pormotion/play offs as a way of keeping players.

KG7

This will have been engineered by the club since Jodi Jones' injury. They need some money from somewhere to get us promoted. Jones - Leeds is now not happening so it makes sense to hawk McDonald around as he's on a lengthy contract; has been performing well and we have cover in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

The only way i see him going to league one team is a player plus cash deal.

A bit like the Sordell/Beavon deal.

Hes a very good player, i dont want him to go but its definitely one area we are well stocked and have cover in. Hardly missed him when hes been suspended or injured.

So if it means we get a couple of league one players in an attacking midfielder/striker/Winger in then maybe.

no_loyalty

This will have been engineered by the club since Jodi Jones' injury. They need some money from somewhere to get us promoted. Jones - Leeds is now not happening so it makes sense to hawk McDonald around as he's on a lengthy contract; has been performing well and we have cover in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the case, it would be better to offload Jordan Willis

SkyBlueScottie

Apparently several clubs have been monitoring Rod McDonald, in particular MK Dons and Shrewsbury Town.
For me he has been outstanding this season and one of the main reasons we have conceded so few goals. A potential Player of the Season if he stays.
Come on City, we have struggled for so many years with our defence, let's keep one of the best ones we have.
who says?

Covstu

Its another story with little evidence to it. Personally I don't think it would be a good move to sell in January, we need to keep the back four tight and consistent. As we have seen with JJ, another major injury in the defence could kill our chances off. Keep at all costs in my opinion.

Otis

Its another story with little evidence to it. Personally I don't think it would be a good move to sell in January, we need to keep the back four tight and consistent. As we have seen with JJ, another major injury in the defence could kill our chances off. Keep at all costs in my opinion.

Since when has a story with little evidence stopped us.

better days

We knocked back offers for Stevenson, Lamieras and Willis last January
They were all definite offers where the players knew an offer had been made
In all three cases I suspect if the interested clubs had come back with much higher offers then maybe we would have been prepared to do a deal for at least one of them
That seemed to me to be a pretty sensible position
We're in a much better place heading into the January window this year so I would expect the same sort of approach
Robins seems happy with the backing he's getting so I have a hunch nothing will happen without his say so
He brought in Davies when it seemed like McDonald was going to be out long term earlier in the season so as others have said we have good cover there and with the cup game coming up I doubt we're in desperate need of cash. Especially if it's also televised

skybluetony176

Players play well they get linked.

Jury's out on whether he could play at a higher level.

A mate of mine who’s a Northampton Town season ticket holder thought he was more than acomplished in league one and was gob smacked not only when they let him go but also when he dropped a league.

Covstu

We knocked back offers for Stevenson, Lamieras and Willis last January
They were all definite offers where the players knew an offer had been made
In all three cases I suspect if the interested clubs had come back with much higher offers then maybe we would have been prepared to do a deal for at least one of them
That seemed to me to be a pretty sensible position
We're in a much better place heading into the January window this year so I would expect the same sort of approach
Robins seems happy with the backing he's getting so I have a hunch nothing will happen without his say so
He brought in Davies when it seemed like McDonald was going to be out long term earlier in the season so as others have said we have good cover there and with the cup game coming up I doubt we're in desperate need of cash. Especially if it's also televised
agree but equally I think we need to manage expectations on the replacement front. Technically we have to now replace JJ and TA who are out for the season but that isn't going to happen, its made a difficult job extremely difficult!!

KG7

Oh I see. I didn't know what it was. No not paranoid. I was just saying that it makes sense that the club would engineer this to get some money in.

I like Rod and he's been one of our best performers this season but if they need to make money, him or Willis are the ones who will bring in the most money I think...or Burge perhaps.

Hobo

Shouldn't this be part of the "Hypothetical January Transfer Window" thread?

steve82

This would be a huge dent in the promotion push. I value him and Willis as the ones who would attract the interest from higher suitors but out the two Mcdonald would be the bigger loss if a bid came in and accepted.

A leader, strong on the ball, strong in the tackle, composed. Above all the organiser of the back line this season.

letsallsingtogether

Don't mind players going as long as we get good money for them not just the first offer.
As long as they reinvest it in the squad for the better, not just paying wages of the ones who are left.
Anyway another pacey winger will do just fine as long as he can cross a ball:)

Colin Steins Smile

As we're CCFC and if history has taught us anything in the past 10 years, we are ready to take the next step backwards. Keep selling and replacing with worse players and knowing our luck we'll sell one of our defenders and replace him with a forward who can't score or gets injured first match.

Captain Dart

Shouldn't this be part of the "Hypothetical January Transfer Window" thread?
Who says this is a hypothetical rumour?
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread