Rod Liddle article in Sunday Times today (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

For a start the article doesn’t mention the judicial reviews...where the merits or otherwise of the case are tested in a court of law.
Otherwise I thought it a decent piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The line about SISU saving us too. They saved us from administration at the point of buying us but arguably administration would have been better long term. Especially when you consider that they put us in administration themselves at a later date.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The line about SISU saving us too. They saved us from administration at the point of buying us but arguably administration would have been better long term. Especially when you consider that they put us in administration themselves at a later date.
Whilst I don’t disagree with you re: administration, we’d still be in a similar position paying 1.2 million in rent, albeit with different owners

Remember, the council didn’t want to sell (hence why sisu were the only bidders) and they had no intention of lowering the rent

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We have had Wasps fans having sympathy with our plight and fans from other football clubs too.
I’d like to see the Wasps sympathies... most of them seem to think they’ve been doing us a favour.

Not one Wasps fan has said, “wasps presence is really hindering Coventry City - we should return to London”

chiefdave

Await the it is not the same comments.
I'm pretty sure, as apathetic as our fans can be at times, if SISU announced they were permanently moving the club 90 miles away there would be a protest of some description.

Don't think we'd all sit around saying 'Tim Fisher says its the best thing for the club so we all support the move'.

hackneyfox

Without the intervention of the hedge fund monkeys, Coventry City would not exist at all and SISU have put an awful lot of money into the club, without seeing very much in the way of a return.

Really?????

Otis

Without the intervention of the hedge fund monkeys, Coventry City would not exist at all and SISU have put an awful lot of money into the club, without seeing very much in the way of a return.

Really?????
Ahh, and Hackney enters the fray!! :)

Nick

Administrator
I'm pretty sure, as apathetic as our fans can be at times, if SISU announced they were permanently moving the club 90 miles away there would be a protest of some description.

Don't think we'd all sit around saying 'Tim Fisher says its the best thing for the club so we all support the move'.
The trust would be, surely?

joemercersaces

Just like some of our fans have accepted the move twice does that make them scum?

Await the it is not the same comments.

What if when we went to Northampton, instead of merely allowing us to ground share, their council had sold us Sixfields, and now a few years later we were kicking them out? I for one wouldn’t be at all comfortable with that scenario as a Cov fan. Imagine how Northampton fans would feel. Imagine how their fans would feel watching their fellow townsfolk walking up to Sixfields with their new, shiny Cov scarves and flags, with a couple of smug wankers walking around the ground with drums so that they can all shout, “Cov” to the drumbeat.” Any Cov fan happy with that would need a serious word with himself.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Whilst I don’t disagree with you re: administration, we’d still be in a similar position paying 1.2 million in rent, albeit with different owners

Remember, the council didn’t want to sell (hence why sisu were the only bidders) and they had no intention of lowering the rent
If the council had no intention of lowering the rent, then Sisu should have said at the start of the negotiations to acquire the football club, lower the rent or THE DEALS OFF .

letsallsingtogether

Do you think it's the same then?
No I don't.
Not bothered about it at all this time around I personally just don't want to go to brim will go to the Butts instead.

I was asking G a quesion on a comment he made, but it is funny how I only got reply from the foot soilders.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

why would they be scum ?. Its only temporary for now
I was asking a question , i didn't get an answer.

So ill answer the question , NO THEY WOULDN'T BE SUM !

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Thing is... that probably would have resulted in no club. The council were only dealing with SISU.
Club would have gone into administration and then the administrator would choose the owners and not the COUNCIL.

So the club would still have served.

Grendel

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’s not 83 miles away and it’s not permanent - an idiotic comparison
Your the idiot ,calling the fans sum, it's not the fans fault the club was moved.

Just like it's not the Sky Blues fans fault the club have been moved, twice out of Cov.

You Bozo.

eastwoodsdustman

If the council had no intention of lowering the rent, then Sisu should have said at the start of the negotiations to acquire the football club, lower the rent or THE DEALS OFF .
This is the biggest issue I have with them. They clearly didn’t look into it in enough detail or were incorrectly led by ray ranson on it. If they’d picked up on it beforehand then a lot of what’s gone on might have been avoided.

chiefdave

This is the biggest issue I have with them. They clearly didn’t look into it in enough detail or were incorrectly led by ray ranson on it. If they’d picked up on it beforehand then a lot of what’s gone on might have been avoided.
The whole reason we ended up with SISU as the councils preferred option is they had no interest in buying the stadium or lowering the rent. They had zero intention of still being here 10 years later. Ransons plan was buy the club, invest a few quid, get promoted, cash out.

In reality when he knew the plan was up, when SISU said no more money and he had to sell Dann and Fox, is the point SISU should have cut their losses and cashed out. They could probably have got a decent chunk of what they'd actually put in, as opposed to the debt on paper, back and everyone could move on.

mark82

Really?????

It's been a while, thought you'd forgotten all about us!

If Sisu hadn't put money in, I'm sure someone else would have. At the time there were alternative bids, even if we'd gone into administration we'd have survived. That said, agree with the point, they have put a significant amount of money in (even if just as loans) and we've never not paid players or staff on time like other clubs. Doesn't make them model owners though.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And which owners would have came in and said hmmm - 1.3 million a year rent and no hope of buying any income for less than 24 million?
The whole reason we ended up with SISU as the councils preferred option is they had no interest in buying the stadium or lowering the rent. They had zero intention of still being here 10 years later. Ransons plan was buy the club, invest a few quid, get promoted, cash out.

In reality when he knew the plan was up, when SISU said no more money and he had to sell Dann and Fox, is the point SISU should have cut their losses and cashed out. They could probably have got a decent chunk of what they'd actually put in, as opposed to the debt on paper, back and everyone could move on.
Apparently SISU where not the only option.

Just needed stronger negotiations.

eastwoodsdustman

The council only want a new compliant owner so that they can start the ‘milking process’ again.
As soon as Sisu said no, the games started. From the day we left HR we always have been a cash cow to the council.

eastwoodsdustman

It's been a while, thought you'd forgotten all about us!

If Sisu hadn't put money in, I'm sure someone else would have. At the time there were alternative bids, even if we'd gone into administration we'd have survived. That said, agree with the point, they have put a significant amount of money in (even if just as loans) and we've never not paid players or staff on time like other clubs. Doesn't make them model owners though.
Weren’t the alternative bids from Robinson and McGinnity ? There’d have been even More snouts in the trough.

Grendel

Your the idiot ,calling the fans sum, it's not the fans fault the club was moved.

Just like it's not the Sky Blues fans fault the club have been moved, twice out of Cov.

You Bozo.

Wasps fans are scum - they either accept the move or come from here anyway - scree them

Liquid Gold

Your the idiot
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread