Match Thread Rochdale vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Feb (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

If you're on the train from London there are no northern rail trains from Manchester up to Rochdale so I'd get the Metrolink tram
No trains for us willl be driving up to Hudersfield in the morning (to the in laws) only 20 mins from there. Handy overnight pit stop for northern matches.

I think we will skip lunch there and eat all the pies.

Londonccfcfan

2-1 defeat

Fair play if thts the case we could right under pressure when Oxford/Bradford/Bristol rovers come to ours.

Just had visions of Ogogo and JCH on fire vs us.

We really need to start picking up points and stop the rot of losing to teams below us.

Coventry city insecurity complex coming right through.

clint van damme

If you're on the train from London there are no northern rail trains from Manchester up to Rochdale so I'd get the Metrolink tram

Is that just this Saturday FP? Our train tickets say northern trains from Victoria to Rochdale, is there works or something?

fernandopartridge

Is that just this Saturday FP? Our train tickets say northern trains from Victoria to Rochdale, is there works or something?

Strike action mate, it's been going on months. Might be alright on the way to Rochdale from Manchester but they've been cutting services / ending them early. Reduced timetable link below. You'll definitely need the tram to get back to Manchester after the game but your rail ticket will be accepted on Metrolink I would say.

https://d2cf7kiw5xizhy.cloudfront.n...ucket/leeds---manchester-victoria-v3-2094.pdf

Paxman II

Predict an easy win and we get back to winning ways. Meyler and Kelly will be a big part of the rest of the season.

fernandopartridge

Strike action mate, it's been going on months. Might be alright on the way to Rochdale from Manchester but they've been cutting services / ending them early. Reduced timetable link below. You'll definitely need the tram to get back to Manchester after the game but your rail ticket will be accepted on Metrolink I would say.

https://d2cf7kiw5xizhy.cloudfront.n...ucket/leeds---manchester-victoria-v3-2094.pdf

Metrolink on Twitter have said they don't accept rail tickets so you'd have to buy a separate one. It's about a fiver back to Manchester.

runner

I have to say ... as we have one goal in us maximum, per game, right now ... a draw wouldn't be a bad result, despite the fact that we really need a win (stating the obvious) as it's not much longer before we start playing the hardball teams ... Luton away, crikey they will have a field day with us ... and no doubt we will get well and truly smacked then ... so crucial we get 3 points from one of the next 3 games and perhaps one draw too ... that gets us to 44 pre the Luton game ...

Sky Blue Harry H

May not be the same rail dispute, but heard on the news about half an hour that rail action (relating to guards) had been called off. Apologies if this is a different dispute!!

Gazolba

I'm predicting a loss, that probably means we'll draw.

Paxman II

I have to say ... as we have one goal in us maximum, per game, right now ... a draw wouldn't be a bad result, despite the fact that we really need a win (stating the obvious) as it's not much longer before we start playing the hardball teams ... Luton away, crikey they will have a field day with us ... and no doubt we will get well and truly smacked then ... so crucial we get 3 points from one of the next 3 games and perhaps one draw too ... that gets us to 44 pre the Luton game ...

This is very typical of football fans if you dont't mind my saying.
Football is a funny old game and thinking as a fan with a more objective view I would not be surprised if we played well at Luton and got a result there.
We are just a few tweaks from a good side and we already play well each game without a finish up front. That will change and particularly away from home with less pressure.
Look at Portsmouth, having a nightmare run when it looked nailed on league winners. There are no teams to fear in this league, Luton are proving that.
On paper we are one of the best sides in the league...it just needs to come to fruition, but to suggest we should fear hardball teams etc is a tad silly.
I'm looking for maximum points in the next 3 games!

Irish Sky Blue

Football is a funny old game and thinking as a fan with a more objective view I would not be surprised if we played well at Luton and got a result there.
We are just a few tweaks from a good side and we already play well each game without a finish up front. That will change and particularly away from home with less pressure.
Look at Portsmouth, having a nightmare run when it looked nailed on league winners. There are no teams to fear in this league, Luton are proving that.
On paper we are one of the best sides in the league...it just needs to come to fruition, but to suggest we should fear hardball teams etc is a tad silly.
I agree with most of what you say here. However Luton were one of the few teams this season that I thought deserved to beat us. That said I still think we can give them a good game. We are possibly a stronger team with Meyler and Enobakhare than we were in the first game against them.

runner

Well I admire your optimism ... let's hope, out of the two of us, that you are the one that's proven right ...

Otis

Win against Rochdale and possibly pick up a point at Luton too.

As long as they are both fit, I think a midfield duo of Meyler and Kelly looks potentially strong.

JimmyHillsbeard

Make sure to have one of their pies. They are only £2.50 and are bloody lovely!

Anyone going to be brave enough to try the “Rag Pie” they sell? Mince and Onions cooked in cheesecloth apparently.

Will be there on Saturday but having seen our best ever result at Spotland (when even then we lost in the league cup on penalties) a few years back, and our record this season against teams at the bottom of the league, I’ll take some convincing that we will get any out of this game.

runner

Win against Rochdale and possibly pick up a point at Luton too.

As long as they are both fit, I think a midfield duo of Meyler and Kelly looks potentially strong.

I'd hope we can do something against Rochdale ...but Luton seem to be really 'on their game' right now mate ... but hope you are right ... but Luton wise, I can only see damage limitation, as no one can touch them presently ... but we've got, what 2 games, till we play them so hopefully they'll start to falter a little prior to our encounter ...

fernandopartridge

Anyone going to be brave enough to try the “Rag Pie” they sell? Mince and Onions cooked in cheesecloth apparently.

Will be there on Saturday but having seen our best ever result at Spotland (when even then we lost in the league cup on penalties) a few years back, and our record this season against teams at the bottom of the league, I’ll take some convincing that we will get any out of this game.
Rag Pudding (suet pastry), a South East Lancashire delicacy. I'd never heard of it before living around here but I love it

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We could name our greatest ever 11 at their peak in this fixture and we’ll still always lose at Rochdale... 2-0 defeat.

Followed by a 2-1 win at home to Walsall

Otis

Was really confident, but now i know there has been an illness running through the camp, not so much at all.

oscillatewildly

'Rag pie'/'Cheese & onions in cheesecloth', will be the the match summary as well as the menu.
Whenever 'Rochdale' gets mentioned I immediately conjure up an image of Mike Harding and Cyril Smith (I tend not to dwell too much on either, certainly not the latter)
But the image that burns inextricably is 'Rochale'. We were knocked out of the FA cup by a club that couldn't be bothered to spell their name correctly when they sent ticket info to the printers. It may well have been a mistake entirely of the printers, either way it was like a grammatical version of the Cambridge Utd replay Dion Dublin penalty fiasco.
Even with an outbreak of bubonic plague tearing through the squad I'll go for 1-1.

I was eleven in 87

Play Up Sky Blues!!
I had wanted to go to this one even after last weeks last minute fuck up, but I have to go to a 40th night out in Derby!!!!

Nick

Administrator
Looking forward to it and feeling strangely optimistic this morning so 2-2 with a last minute equaliser that feels like a win.

Irish Sky Blue

'Rag pie'/'Cheese & onions in cheesecloth', will be the the match summary as well as the menu.
Whenever 'Rochdale' gets mentioned I immediately conjure up an image of Mike Harding and Cyril Smith (I tend not to dwell too much on either, certainly not the latter)
But the image that burns inextricably is 'Rochale'. We were knocked out of the FA cup by a club that couldn't be bothered to spell their name correctly when they sent ticket info to the printers. It may well have been a mistake entirely of the printers, either way it was like a grammatical version of the Cambridge Utd replay Dion Dublin penalty fiasco.
Even with an outbreak of bubonic plague tearing through the squad I'll go for 1-1.
Yes, it’s hard being a cowboy in Rochdale!

Users who are viewing this thread