Match Thread Rochdale vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Feb (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I think the issue is, is that if we provide similar opportunities to Rotherham or Sunderland as we did to Rochdale today we’ll end up paying the price. Marosi can’t get us out of trouble every time unfortunately!
Course he can

Sky Blue Pete

What was I thinking sorry I take it all back!
Good! Looks like rose and Kelly just let the guy run passed, Mcfazdean was chilling and marosi decided he’d not come out or bother to dive at the players feet.

robins can be fuming and make his point but on the back of three points

letsallsingtogether

I havent been to a game yet where I never thought we were the best team on the park (IMO), yet we have drawn a few of them and lost a couple.
But to gain promotion you sometimes have to win ugly who cares as long as we win.
Cant comment on this particular game as only listened to it on the radio, but did sound pretty tense at times.

Sky Blue Pete

I havent been to a game yet where I never thought we were the best team on the park (IMO), yet we have drawn a few of them and lost a couple.
But to gain promotion you sometimes have to win ugly who cares as long as we win.
Cant comment on this particular game as only listened to it on the radio, but did sound pretty tense at times.
It wasn’t till a few corners at the end. Our commentators are awful for winding everyone up. It’s partly why I went yesterday

larry_david

See, I can't stand listening on the radio as everything is nervy. I was at rochdale yesterday and whilst I worried something would go wrong, rochdale didn't look dangerous at all second half. Tbf they didn't first half until we stopped playing and forgot our game plan

Irish Sky Blue

With out being brilliant yesterday, I felt we controlled large parts of the game. It took Rochdale twenty minutes or so to actually break forward at all. We had them pinned in their own half. They did have a good fifteen minutes during which Marosi saved onto the post. Apart from that and a diving save at a forward's feet in the second half, I can't remember him having much to do. They did play it around at the back for long periods but they never looked comfortable doing it, were close to being caught a few times and never really got anywhere. The long ball troubled us more but on the whole I felt we coped well. There were some lovely moves from us, some good half chances and better(Godden, Allen second half) and had we not gone to sleep from their kick off, I think we would have coasted the last 15.
I don't think it was a bad performance at all.
I felt after the Bristol Rovers game away that we would have to significantly step up to compete with Portsmouth. We did then and I think and hope we will do the same for Rotherham.

SkyBlueCRJ

See, I can't stand listening on the radio as everything is nervy. I was at rochdale yesterday and whilst I worried something would go wrong, rochdale didn't look dangerous at all second half. Tbf they didn't first half until we stopped playing and forgot our game plan

Eakin does need to tone it down. There’ll literally be a cross in that isn’t going anywhere except the corner flag and he’ll be like DANGEROUS CROSS IN AND INCHES AWAY FROM THE FAR POST

jordan210

Eakin does need to tone it down. There’ll literally be a cross in that isn’t going anywhere except the corner flag and he’ll be like DANGEROUS CROSS IN AND INCHES AWAY FROM THE FAR POST

The match last week. Southend had a free kick near the half way line. Clive said it was a dangerous attacking free kick in a good area and Southend are putting the big men forward as going to pump it in. The passed the free kick 2 parts forward and had not sent anyone up.

SkyBlueCRJ

The match last week. Southend had a free kick near the half way line. Clive said it was a dangerous attacking free kick in a good area and Southend are putting the big men forward as going to pump it in. The passed the free kick 2 parts forward and had not sent anyone up.

He needs to actually stop before he gives someone an aneurysm. 80% of the time there’s no need to do it and to make matters worse I can’t actually understand what’s going on.

Users who are viewing this thread