Match Thread Rochdale vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Feb (1 Viewer)

Somerset Sky Blue

Losers mentality that.

Fucking go for it, go for it Cityyyy!!!
Or a mentality that has been set by watching city for many years. Second this year, given the circumstances, would still be a good return. Of course, I'd rather we won the title, but promotion is the key to having some influence for discussions on ground/ownership (maybe).

Ring Of Steel

Or a mentality that has been set by watching city for many years. Second this year, given the circumstances, would still be a good return. Of course, I'd rather we won the title, but promotion is the key to having some influence for discussions on ground/ownership (maybe).
2nd good for me too, however it’s not all to do with our past, we do have some properly over cautious and negative fans.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Is anyone else concerned by Kelly's form?

Been poor for a few games now in my opinion.
Now either Robins thinks he's playing ok in which case fine, I'll bow to his superior knowledge or he just doesn't trust anyone else to play there which is a concern and perhaps the reason Kelly seems to be the only midfielder not getting rotated.

I love Kelly as a player and he is so important to us, but I've observed similar to you.

On a side note his shooting has been abysmal and I wonder if that has rocked him a bit. If he scored a goal I reckon it might sort him out.

steve cooper

He’s not played there this season mate we’re chasing promotion hard it’s not the time
But if Kelly gets injured or hits seriously bad form it's nice to know we have someone who has experience in that role. Otherwise we keep the same team and formation I assume. I thought the conversation was about concern over Kelly's form going forward.

cc84cov

But if Kelly gets injured or hits seriously bad form it's nice to know we have someone who has experience in that role. Otherwise we keep the same team and formation I assume. I thought the conversation was about concern over Kelly's form going forward.
Yes bar injury mate he will be in that team 100%

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Worried abiut next 3. What if we lose them all? Still be in it i guess

Looking st 13 fixtures i can see 7 to 8 wins and thats writing off the next 3

Why cant our rivals just fall away! Lol

giphy.gif

covcity4life

Kellys been fine imo. More thab fine. Maybe today not too good but like mcallum form blown way out of proportion. I doubt MR is giving it a second thought

Cov subderland rotheram it looks like currently. I would say we are still underdogs compared to those 2

clint van damme

Kellys been fine imo. More thab fine. Maybe today not too good but like mcallum form blown way out of proportion. I doubt MR is giving it a second thought

Cov subderland rotheram it looks like currently. I would say we are still underdogs compared to those 2

I can't agree. Don't think he's been himself for a few weeks.

covcity4life

I can't agree. Don't think he's been himself for a few weeks.
I know you have but respectfully i just dont agree

For me he still shows for ball,keeps it ticking along,makes important tackles and interceptions. His shooty not great but we have 2 attack mids for that

Same team tuesday i say although MR change 2 am agains

clint van damme

I know you have but respectfully i just dont agree

For me he still shows for ball,keeps it ticking along,makes important tackles and interceptions. His shooty not great but we have 2 attack mids for that

Same team tuesday i say although MR change 2 am agains

Did that post tail off before it was completed?!

Johnnythespider

Let's say Kelly picked up a injury during a game, who comes off the bench to take his place, Shipley could slot in there i think and if we were going to rest him at all that would be my choice to replace him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Let's say Kelly picked up a injury during a game, who comes off the bench to take his place, Shipley could slot in there i think and if we were going to rest him at all that would be my choice to replace him.

Allen might be able to slot in there, even if he is a lot shorter. The you've got Shipley/Westbrooke to play the ACM.

Johhny Blue

I love Kelly as a player and he is so important to us, but I've observed similar to you.

On a side note his shooting has been abysmal and I wonder if that has rocked him a bit. If he scored a goal I reckon it might sort him out.
I'm convinced there's a screamer in Kelly just waiting to be unleashed. It would be great to see it sometime in the next two games

cc84cov

They did, marosi made more saves than their keeper.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Agree he did we need to tighten up slightly & look after the ball better Rotherham & Sunderland coming up we can not afford to be giving chances away although I imagine both teams are long ball merchants Sunderland more so

cc84cov

All the pressure is on Rotherham Tuesday leave points but we have the game in hand we beat them & win the game in hand we’re 6 ahead

Ring Of Steel

They did, marosi made more saves than their keeper.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So basically we win yet again, but people find a way to say we were somehow lucky and got “carved apart”. 30+ games in, when does it stop being about luck and start being about us having a great keeper and solid defence?

Users who are viewing this thread