Robins (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Well he talks crap ,as a manager how often would he have been involved in anything to do with any council?

More than you I am sure

Grendel

Why,why would he need to?

He works in football and will observe how other councils treat their clubs and how ours do. Talk to any ex managers post HR and they will all tell you the same.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What's his replacement's most recent record like before he got the Huddersfield job?

He is a better manager than Russ Wilcox
Fair enough point proven Robins is the real deal

Chris Powell? He was sacked by Charlton as they were bottom of the league in March.

He wasn't/isn't a failure as evidenced by his predecessor/successor at his respective clubs.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No need

It was ridiculous of you to suggest Robins....

" performed at a level Huddersfield would always find acceptable"
When they sacked him on the back of losing 15 of his last 25 games and getting beaten 4-0 on the first match of the next season.
They obviously didn't find it acceptable
Debate over thanks for coming

Embarrassment level - RFC

dongonzalos

Embarrassment level - RFC

You got it wrong he did fail at Huddersfield losing 15 of his last 25 matches, otherwise he would still be there and not at a relegation team in the league below.

Hey we all make mistakes it doesn't make you RFC

dongonzalos

Chris Powell? He was sacked by Charlton as they were bottom of the league in March.

He wasn't/isn't a failure as evidenced by his predecessor/successor at his respective clubs.

So you think he is better than Chris Powell and Russ Wilcox

Like I say you must be right then he was a success they got rid of him because he was doing too well.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

54627721.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

No I did not I said that the league position was acceptable for them as a club. If fans had unrealistic expectations due to the exceptional start he made then that is clearly something the fans have to live with.

Remember some fools on here though Andy Thorn was a real football manager.

Some fans just fail to see what stares them in the face.

The more telling thing about Thorn's managerial competence was his stint at Kidderminster which after not even a month ended in the fans wanting him gone and wanting the predecessor back. Some achievement.

Grendel

The more telling thing about Thorn's managerial competence was his stint at Kidderminster which after not even a month ended in the fans wanting him gone and wanting the predecessor back. Some achievement.

It's incredible actually that most of our fans were taken in whereas the Kidderminster followers saw him for exactly what he was.

It's something I will never ever understand. He should have been hounded out by September when it was obvious he was contributing nothing.

Yet idiots still kept saying its the best football we've seen, he is ahead of his time, no one can do better.

Some people really are stupid.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's incredible actually that most of our fans were taken in whereas the Kidderminster followers saw him for exactly what he was.

It's something I will never ever understand. He should have been hounded out by September when it was obvious he was contributing nothing.

Yet idiots still kept saying its the best football we've seen, he is ahead of his time, no one can do better.

Some people really are stupid.

A competent manager would have kept the team up that year, no question. We'd still perhaps have been relegated in the seasons afterwards but not that year and not in such dismal fashion. The decision to keep him for the 2012/13 season was even more misguided and we are still paying for it.

Nick

Administrator
A competent manager would have kept the team up that year, no question. We'd still perhaps have been relegated in the seasons afterwards but not that year and not in such dismal fashion. The decision to keep him for the 2012/13 season was even more misguided and we are still paying for it.

Apparently Alex Ferguson or Mourhino couldn't have done any better.

Users who are viewing this thread