Robins (1 Viewer)

chinamans view

Most Scunthorpe fans want him out and Nigel Adkins back. after his honeymoon period.

Hobo

Who cares what is happening at Scunthorpe if you support Coventry?

Grendel

Most Scunthorpe fans want him out and Nigel Adkins back. after his honeymoon period.

A cursory glance at their fans forum - a rather charmingly named site - suggests 8 people want him out. I accept Scunthorpe are not the biggest club but would suggest they have more than 15 fans.

If waggot and fisher had done their job in January and fired the clueless one replacing him with Robins almost certainly we'd have survived and could still now be in the championship.

If Robins hadn't bern astute enough to see that we were practically the only club in England that received zero support from the local council we would have mounted a promotion challenge two seasons ago.

Only a fool would argue against this.

No further discussion is required.

Otis

A cursory glance at their fans forum - a rather charmingly named site - suggests 8 people want him out. I accept Scunthorpe are not the biggest club but would suggest they have more than 15 fans.

If waggot and fisher had done their job in January and fired the clueless one replacing him with Robins almost certainly we'd have survived and could still now be in the championship.

If Robins hadn't bern astute enough to see that we were practically the only club in England that received zero support from the local council we would have mounted a promotion challenge two seasons ago.

Agree with that.

You make me laugh, Don, 'fake hero.' Weren't you a big fan of a certain Mr. A Thorn?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agree with that.

You make me laugh, Don, 'fake hero.' Weren't you a big fan of a certain Mr. A Thorn?

A. Thorn was a true hero, not like the pretender Mark Robins.

The only reason that Thorn failed is that he is years, maybe even decades ahead of his time. The worlds not ready for Andy Thorn yet.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Robins failed at Huddersfield and is failing at Scunthorpe. It seems he got out at the right time with us.

I wouldn't say he failed at Huddersfield, he went in and kept them up when they were dropping like a stone. Finished 17th in his first full season, which seems pretty poor but Huddersfield aren't exactly a powerhouse in the championship. Lets look at there current position shall we, 18th under Powell, would suggest Robins was performing about par with the team he had.

Scunthorpe were second bottom of the league when he was appointed as well, so again hardly a failure. In 24 games he has picked up 33 points which is 63 over a full season, again hardly a failure, especially as they looked a lost cause when he was appointed.

You really are a bizarre character dongo

Grendel

Robins failed at Huddersfield and is failing at Scunthorpe. It seems he got out at the right time with us.

He didnt fail - he performed at a level Huddersfield would always consider acceptable - championship survival.

Once again your inability to understand and comprehend what makes a good manager embarrasses you.

Covstu

He didnt fail - he performed at a level Huddersfield would always consider acceptable - championship survival.

Once again your inability to understand and comprehend what makes a good manager embarrasses you.

so if it was acceptable then why was he sacked??

dongonzalos

Ha ha

Yes he was a resounding success
Numpty.........

fans welcomed the news that Mark Robins has gone and most admitted: “It’s no surprise”.

Hundreds showed their displeasure at Saturday’s abysmal 4-0 defeat at home to Bournemouth by walking out of the John Smith’s Stadium long before the final whistle.

The game had heralded the launch of the North Stand Singing Section complete with colourful Town flags and banners, but there were many empty seats early in the second half.

And there were boos for the Town team and for Robins, who looked a disconsolate figure outside the dugout.

Huddersfield Town (0) v AFC Bournemouth (4) - Mark Robins.
Social medal sites were awash with comments and the vast majority hailed the decision to part company with the manager after just one game of the new season.

Robert Pepper, secretary of the Huddersfield Town Supporters Association,said: “I’m not at all surprised.

“I think it is the right decision and now we need to get a new man as quickly as possible.

“I stayed on Saturday until the final whistlle but there was nothing coming out of the Town performance.

“I think it was the worst I have seen for a long time.

“I can’t think the board have made any plans for this situation but we need to get things up and running as quickly as possible. We still have three weeks in the transfer window so the new man has time”.

Colne Valley MP Jason McCartney, a lifelong Town fan, said: “It’s not a surprise. This wasn’t a decision based on one game; it was based on the last 20 games of last season when we had a dreadful run.

“I watched Robins’ body language and communication with the players at the game and there was nothing. Players looked confused and were played out of position.

“I support chairman Dean Hoyle and hope he gets in someone who can work in the transfer market and identify the shortcomings that have not been rectified over the summer.

“We want to see Town players enjoying it, sharing the motivation, the hugs and the smiles. That is not happening”.

VIEW GALLERY
On the downatthemac website, most Town fans backed the shock move.

TownFanSam: Had to happen

youngterrier: I really wanted it to work for him, but it was time to go

kautostar1: Saddened by this. Players as usual get off scot free.

walkdenterrier: I didn’t expect him to go so soon. This must be another record for Town. The quickest managerial casualty of any season on record.

kennyk2: All I feel is disappointment that yet another manager has suffered failure at my club.

Andy boothterrier: We better have someone lined up or this is another poorly timed sacking. 21 days left in the window, a new man has to have time to make some signings otherwise this is pointless. It also begs the question why wasn’t he sacked at the end of last year before the summer if he was only going to get 1 game this season?

htfcfcfc: Glad to see dynamic movement but seems like a waste allowing him to prepare the team for the season and make signings. Why didn’t he go with the rest of the team?

Offtopic: Don’t bring this thread down with personal insults before it starts. Robins gave it his best and did well to begin with. Didn’t work out but good luck to him for the future

Watching The Defectives: Well done Deano... you’ve done the easy (correct) bit, now the hard bit. Good luck!

HILLY: Well done Deano!!

nickhudd01: Got to make a refreshing dynamic manager such as Howe , it had to happen

bigtruck: A little shocked but can’t argue. This wasn’t because of one game but nothing has changed since last season. His stubbornness to stick with a system that we don’t have the players to fit showed a lack of nounce.

towny4ever: Makes us even more of a laughing stock....who gets rid of the manager after 1 game??? Why the hell didn’t we push him after last season (which we shud av) Something’s defo not right....maybe Robbins didn’t actually have much involvement in who signs....shambolic-guess we are in survival mode already ????

wasp: Bye bye! Not before time.

riccallterrier : I hope he’s got someone in mind and that its not going to drag on for weeks looking for someone

lordbasil: Since the turn of the year we have played 25 league games: Won - 6, Drawn - 4, , Lost - 15, For -27, Against - 44

GD - minus 17. 22 points from a possible 75. Less then a point a game, extrapolated over a full season would return 40 points.

Grendel

Sometimes it isn't even worth engaging in his idiocy, but it is funny

I would suggest the idiocy comes from someone who still has a bizarre obsession with the worst manager in the clubs history and seems hell bent on attempting to rubbish the person who took over the car crash and was a success.

Now I think we all know statistics are not really your strength -- as you ignore them at will -- but please consider this one single fact.

Mark Robins had a win ratio at Huddersfield of 34% over a long period of 68 games. This is an identical percentage to Thorn in the caretaker period as Coventry manager. A period you constantly wax lyrical about as a Golden era justifying his subsequent recruitment.

So how do you reconcile that statistic?

Scunthorpe are averaging as CCFC pointed out over 60 points in a full season which for a team second from bottom when he took over is a significant achievement. Survival in itself would be an achievement.

Huddersfield have not performed better without him or before him so his performance statistically was average.

Average performance in managing a club -- words that Andy Thorn would have loved to have heard at least once in his catastrophic reign.

hutch1972

I wouldn't say he failed at Huddersfield, he went in and kept them up when they were dropping like a stone. Finished 17th in his first full season, which seems pretty poor but Huddersfield aren't exactly a powerhouse in the championship. Lets look at there current position shall we, 18th under Powell, would suggest Robins was performing about par with the team he had.

Scunthorpe were second bottom of the league when he was appointed as well, so again hardly a failure. In 24 games he has picked up 33 points which is 63 over a full season, again hardly a failure, especially as they looked a lost cause when he was appointed.

You really are a bizarre character dongo
when we played them a few weeks ago the local sports hack was interviewed by cwr and had the opinion that 1/ they would win 2/ they would then push on towards a play off spot . Seems that were not the only club with delusional characters following it.

dongonzalos

I would suggest the idiocy comes from someone who still has a bizarre obsession with the worst manager in the clubs history and seems hell bent on attempting to rubbish the person who took over the car crash and was a success.

Now I think we all know statistics are not really your strength -- as you ignore them at will -- but please consider this one single fact.

Mark Robins had a win ratio at Huddersfield of 34% over a long period of 68 games. This is an identical percentage to Thorn in the caretaker period as Coventry manager. A period you constantly wax lyrical about as a Golden era justifying his subsequent recruitment.

So how do you reconcile that statistic?

Scunthorpe are averaging as CCFC pointed out over 60 points in a full season which for a team second from bottom when he took over is a significant achievement. Survival in itself would be an achievement.

Huddersfield have not performed better without him or before him so his performance statistically was average.

Average performance in managing a club -- words that Andy Thorn would have loved to have heard at least once in his catastrophic reign.

lordbasil: Since the turn of the year we have played 25 league games: Won - 6, Drawn - 4, , Lost - 15, For -27, Against - 44

This was the success you refer to at Huddersfield........
I think you are probably right they got rid of him after the above run and kissing 4-0 because they thought he was doing a good job. The reason he had to drop down a division to a relegation candidate team was because the rest of the championship thought it would be unfair if they snapped him up. Not doubt winning the championship at a canter and making it boring for everyone.

I take it back he was a success at Huddersfield

Since the turn of the year we have played 25 league games: Won - 6, Drawn - 4, , Lost - 15, For -27, Against - 44

Grendel

This was the success you refer to at Huddersfield........
I think you are probably right they got rid of him after the above run and kissing 4-0 because they thought he was doing a good job. The reason he had to drop down a division to a relegation candidate team was because the rest of the championship thought it would be unfair if they snapped him up. Not doubt winning the championship at a canter and making it boring for everyone.

I take it back he was a success at Huddersfield

Since the turn of the year we have played 25 league games: Won - 6, Drawn - 4, , Lost - 15, For -27, Against - 44

Again you misquote me -- I never said success I said average. Your bitterness does you no favours - its just silly really.

Even on the particular selection of results chosen he still had a record Thorn never matched.

I would, however, like to draw attention back to one point -- that his record at Huddersfield over a season and a half fractionally betters Thorns honeymoon period -- how does this sit with you?

Are you suggesting Robins was a flash in the pan and ultimately was no better than Thorn.

Please don't................

dongonzalos

Again you misquote me -- I never said success I said average. Your bitterness does you no favours - its just silly really.

Won - 6, Drawn - 4, , Lost - 15, For -27, Against - 44 sit with you?

You said he performed to a level they would find acceptable well they didn't you they didn't you buffoon they got rid

Grendel

You said he performed to a level they would find acceptable well they didn't you they didn't you buffoon they got rid

No I did not I said that the league position was acceptable for them as a club. If fans had unrealistic expectations due to the exceptional start he made then that is clearly something the fans have to live with.

Remember some fools on here though Andy Thorn was a real football manager.

Some fans just fail to see what stares them in the face.

SkyBlue_Bear83

lol at dongo calling someone else a bufoon, he attacks the man who has our best record of any Coventry manager in donkeys years whilst defending for the last few years the manager with the worst.

higgs

Robins did a good job with us if he didn't jump ship we would be in the championship now

Grendel

Robins did a good job with us if he didn't jump ship we would be in the championship now

Without question and If we had booted thorn in the relegation season and recruited robins we would have survived.

Moff

Not bothered about the full details of the stats, just a personal feeling that Robins was a good manager, we played good football under him and he was better than the man he replaced and the man who replaced him.

Grendel

lol at dongo calling someone else a bufoon, he attacks the man who has our best record of any Coventry manager in donkeys years whilst defending for the last few years the manager with the worst.

The last 94 years to be exact

dongonzalos

He failed at Huddersfield he lost 60% of his last 25 games (since the turn of the year) leading to them getting rid.

Since Jan this season they have lost 7 drew 6 won 4

Winning just 23% of their matches

He had an on fire DMC at Cov it falsely elevated his achievement before he shafted us

SkyBlue_Bear83

He failed at Huddersfield he lost 60% of his last 25 games (since the turn of the year) leading to them getting rid.

Yet he done a better job than the man who has replaced him at Huddersfield

Yet he has done a significantly better job than the man he replaced at Scunthorpe

Grendel

He had an on fire DMC at Cov it falsely elevated his achievement before he shafted us

Keep digging.

dongonzalos

Yet he done a better job than the man who has replaced him at Huddersfield

Yet he has done a significantly better job than the man he replaced at Scunthorpe

What's his replacement's most recent record like before he got the Huddersfield job?

He is a better manager than Russ Wilcox
Fair enough point proven Robins is the real deal

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Keep digging.

No need

It was ridiculous of you to suggest Robins....

" performed at a level Huddersfield would always find acceptable"
When they sacked him on the back of losing 15 of his last 25 games and getting beaten 4-0 on the first match of the next season.
They obviously didn't find it acceptable
Debate over thanks for coming

Last edited:

Grendel

No need

It was ridiculous of you to suggest Robins....

" performed at a level Huddersfield would always find acceptable"
When they sacked him on the back of losing 15 of his last 25 games and getting beaten 4-0 on the first match of the next season.
They obviously didn't find it acceptable
Debate over thanks for coming

No one on this thread agrees with you do they?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If Robins hadn't bern astute enough to see that we were practically the only club in England that received zero support from the Its Owners we would have mounted a promotion challenge two seasons ago.

I'm sure this is what you meant,glad to be of help.

Users who are viewing this thread