robins (1 Viewer)

cmoncity

huddersfield radio reporting robins signed longterm contract last night

Skybluestu82

Knobhead!!

It's official, there is no longer any loyalty left in this world and even someone who seems, sorry seemed to speak the truth week in week out will actually lie through his teeth.

Otis

And you know this how?

You know that nothing went on behind the scenes to change Robins mind about loving it here? You know that with 100% certainty?

Grendel

And you know this how?

You know that nothing went on behind the scenes to change Robins mind about loving it here? You know that with 100% certainty?

We know last Thursday that he said he was here for the long term. We know by Friday Huddersfield were making overtures.

He's had plenty of backing and has one of the top budgets in the league. If he wanted even more that is no ones fault but his as he new the score. The board have backed him far more than most.

Skybluestu82

And you know this how?

To be fair you are right, I know nothing of what has happened however if something was 'in my blood' it would take a fair bit to get it out.

You will I'm sure agree that when you have been part of something and all starts to turn pear shaped, you generally stick with it, not jump into bed with the first thing that comes along.

The reason I say first as well is surely on the logic if he was happy but isn't now would suggest that when Donny came calling he was a happy man. So you tell me, if something's going well and all of a sudden things change behind the scenes do you just bolt immediately or try to make good.

The only thing I can think of to warrant such a reaction would be admin or even liquidation.

torchomatic

Nah, can't just be that. He's an honest chap, don't you know. Something must have gone on behind the scenes. If 31K people packing the stadium and singing his name can't make him stay then nothing can.

Shame, because he's an honest chap, don't you know, etc etc.

Or .......... He changed his mind

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I know it's over, but still I cling, I dont know where else I can go...
I know it's over and it never really began, but in my heart it was so real...
- The Smiths

Astute

The worse thing about this situation is that as soon as most of our fans start spelling his name correctly he leaves. I wonder which difficult name to spell we will get next.

Skybluestu82

The worse thing about this situation is that as soon as most of our fans start spelling his name correctly he leaves. I wonder which difficult name to spell we will get next.

Always easier to go for the simple yet effect MR. Lets hope his replacement doesn't have a double barrelled name otherwise we may be in trouble.

cmoncity

its obvious something has been said more than likley with joy and fischer that he didnt like.maybe promises bout next seasons budget have been broken which i believe is the reason he left barnsley.i seriously suspect admin could be whats happening though

Steve.B50

Hope he fails at Huddesfield, they come down and he is out of work next season (But he will not care as gets a payoff)
Imagine the stick he will get if we play Huddesfield?

covey1987

Did a anyone hear the guy from BBC radio Leeds,Huddersfield's Clive Eakin. He said that locals are scratching their heads as to why MR would leave ccfc to go there. Also pointed out that MR has never been sacked but has left every job he has had. !!!

Lord_Nampil

There's one reason why he's left £££££££££££££££££££££!! The problem he he's us keeping them up! They have 37 points but if u look at it, u may need more than 50 points to stay up this season, every one is winning near the bottom!! Ooo well who cares we have our own problems to concentrate on!!!

kingharvest

It is interesting.

He joins CCFC at their lowest point in recent memory with a half decent squad and the promise of being able to bring in some fresh faces. To me, that sounds like the perfect 'stepping stone' opportunity, knowing full well that a bit of organisation, increased fitness and David McGoldrick up front would be enough to string together a good run of results and push the club up the league.

Why else would he put a release clause in his 3 year contract? If he does a good job, which he knew he could, someone else will come along and offer him something else.

I'm not surprised he's gone, i'm just surprised its Huddersfield that persuaded him.

torchomatic

Funny how people are slagging the Club off yet no one knows "none of the facts".

Funny how people are slagging him yet know none of the facts.

valiant15

The club have got 'history' though havent they numpty. You said he wouldnt leave lol. For a know it all torch you really do know fuck all.

torchomatic

True, you got me there. However, in my defence I didn't realise Robins was an identikit money-grabbing son of a gun.

When he said he was happy here, I thought he meant it.

The club have got 'history' though havent they numpty. You said he wouldnt leave lol. For a know it all torch you really do know fuck all.

dongonzalos

True, you got me there. However, in my defence I didn't realise Robins was an identikit money-grabbing son of a gun.

When he said he was happy here, I thought he meant it.

You made me laugh with this one Torch. :)

Torch do you consider at all that the financial uncertainty the surrounds our club due to SISU, played any part in MR's thinking?

dongonzalos

Money talks, Huddersfield have money, we don't.

Apparently we have the rent money and it is principle that it is not been paid as opposed to us not having the money.

If that was paid. This season we have signed 14/15 players.

No rent debt all over the media.

No talk of Coventry as a skint club

Users who are viewing this thread