robins (1 Viewer)

T

The Hornet

Great, so you'd rather this not be "utter BS" to prove a point.

I was unsure that Huddlesfield could afford a 6 figure sum.

I know it's not BS, that's why I posted it. It has nothing to do with proving a point. Only a late U-Turn from Robins will stop him being their new manager.

Mucca Mad Boys

I know it's not BS, that's why I posted it. It has nothing to do with proving a point. Only a late U-Turn from Robins will stop him being their new manager.

U-turn? That implies he wants it.

If we give Huddlesfield permission, doesn't mean he'll go, Martinez was given permission to speak to Villa and he turned them down, same with De Boer turning down Liverpool.

ccfc92

Has anything even been confirmed? Talks going on, interest etc? All I've seen is bookies odds

dongonzalos

U-turn? That implies he wants it.

If we give Huddlesfield permission, doesn't mean he'll go, Martinez was given permission to speak to Villa and he turned them down, same with De Boer turning down Liverpool.

What happens if SISU for once in their lives don't see the pound signs and do not give him permission.

How long is Robins contract?

Sick Boy

What happens if SISU for once in their lives don't see the pound signs and do not give him permission.

I would imagine that he has a release clause in his contract, that if met, would allow him to speak to other clubs.

Mucca Mad Boys

If there's a clause allowing him to speak to other clubs, there's nothing no one can do, except MR, if that clause is met.

I think here you are incredibly short-sighted, what's, say 500k (if we're lucky tbh), to the 10s of millions the owners have put in, if we get promoted we get millions, not hundreds of thousands, and lets face it, even the most biggest cynics of SISU will admit they would acknowledge this, with MR we have a chance of promotion via playoffs, but if he leaves, will the club have another period similar to Shaw's whilst we wait for a manager? We could still get promoted without MR, but, it's going be less likely.

You like your conspiracies don't you?

Sick Boy

If there's a clause allowing him to speak to other clubs, there's nothing no one can do, except MR, if that clause is met.

I think here you are incredibly short-sighted, what's, say 500k (if we're lucky tbh), to the 10s of millions the owners have put in, if we get promoted we get millions, not hundreds of thousands, and lets face it, even the most biggest cynics of SISU will admit they would acknowledge this, with MR we have a chance of promotion via playoffs, but if he leaves, will the club have another period similar to Shaw's whilst we wait for a manager? We could still get promoted without MR, but, it's going be less likely.

You like your conspiracies don't you?

Careful, a lot of people still think the owners have put no money into the club.

Mucca Mad Boys

Careful, a lot of people still think the owners have put no money into the club.

Oh yeah I forgot.

Every sale goes into SISU's personal bank account and nothing goes to CCFC, no one gets paid for anything, players haven't been paid since Coleman left. :facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

We've turned down an approach! Is that SISU's fault!?

Get in.

*2 hours later, MR has been oven permission...*

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
COVENTRY City have rejected Huddersfield Town’s formal approach for Mark Robins’s services.

The Terriers have made the Sky Blues boss their number one target and contacted Ricoh Arena chiefs on Monday night to ask for permission to speak to the 43-year-old.

But the Telegraph understands that was denied as City fight to keep hold of the man who has guided the club to within four points of the play-offs.

However, his future at Coventry remains uncertain given that it is understood that City will be unable to stop their boss leaving if Huddersfield stump up a six-figure compensation payment.

And suspicions that Robins, who was at Ryton this morning, is considering his future were roused when he cancelled a pre-arranged meeting with the Telegraph at the training ground minutes before the appointment.

Robins was asked about speculation linking him with Town and Blackpool last Thursday when he insisted he was, “more than happy as manager of Coventry City,” and revealed that he had spoken to the board and owner about plans for the future the day before.

There had been no approach at that time but Terriers supremo Dean Hoyle wants Robins, who has been at City less than five months, to return to Yorkshire where he was in charge of Barnsley.

Huddersfield want a rising star after sacking Simon Grayson last month after he guided the club to a long-awaited promotion to the Championship.

Town targeted Robins ahead of Graeme Jones, Steven Pressley and Nicky Butt. Gary Megson was also a runner – but they appear to have gone for a younger option.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...for-mark-robins-92746-32794604/#ixzz2KgaFRlyA

Sky Blue Pete

Excellent so an official approach has been rejected. Where's the chap that said it was all done and dusted. Why were you so sure, what information do you have? Where's lynch? The only person who has been proved right time and again

PVA

Don't get your hopes up too much. That doesn't mean it's the end of the story.

If Huddersfield meet the 6 figure compo clause then we can't stop them speaking to him.

torchomatic

True. However, Robins can turn them down.

Great that the club have turned down the approach; a statement of intent which should - but won't - shut up the Anti-SISU moaners. If Mark Robins goes then it will be because Mark Robins wants to go.

Don't get your hopes up too much. That doesn't mean it's the end of the story.

If Huddersfield meet the 6 figure compo clause then we can't stop them speaking to him.

Brighton Sky Blue

PSGM'll be getting a few Bollingers in. Huddersfield have not adapted to Championship life as easily as they thought they might, and going back down isn't entirely out of the question. I'm sure they probably could find a 6 figure sum to part with but really this is all down to Robins-does he go for long term prospects here, or short term ones there?

torchomatic

Damn right. It's not about "at the moment" which I mentioned on another thread earlier but about career progression. Who is going to be better for his career. Only Robins can figure that one out, no one else. Not us, not SISU.

PSGM'll be getting a few Bollingers in. Huddersfield have not adapted to Championship life as easily as they thought they might, and going back down isn't entirely out of the question. I'm sure they probably could find a 6 figure sum to part with but really this is all down to Robins-does he go for long term prospects here, or short term ones there?

Moff

The thing is we should all be flattered that our manager, the manager of Coventry City, is highly regarded by other clubs. We've not had that for a while have we?

I dont know I heard a Romanian abbatoir were trying to get their hands on Thorn for a while, I think they needed him for a Tesco value lasagne

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

Sky Bets have just altered their odds on Dave Jones from 33/1 to 4/6.

Brighton Sky Blue

Damn right. It's not about "at the moment" which I mentioned on another thread earlier but about career progression. Who is going to be better for his career. Only Robins can figure that one out, no one else. Not us, not SISU.

Definitely a case of sit and wait-I would be extremely disappointed if he chose to leave at this stage in his time with us, but he's got every right to want to do the best for his own career. Any of us would.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I know that bookies odds in respect to new managers are always a bit sus, but when Robins is a best priced 1/7 across a number of them, I'll be honest, I'm more than a tad worried. :(

Covcraig@bury

Its not just the fact that Huddersfield are after Robins, What about the players he got on loan, come next season Robins would be poaching them the same way he did for us.
I fear the worst if Robins goes.The loanees we have could become permanent . Plus we could do with out all the up evil and the players getting distracted with this story.FFS this should not be aloud in mid season:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:NO club should approach another club and do this. WRONG,WRONG,WRONG

D

Deleted member 4439

These bookies are always monkeying around.

Ooops, screwed up there - thought I'd just seen it change on my screen, but it seems that the price may have been installed some days ago. Bit of straw clutching.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I will give him seven figures - my son could sacrifice some Star Wars ones. Beat that, Huddersfield.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

FFS this should not be aloud in mid season:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:NO club should approach another club and do this. WRONG,WRONG,WRONG

Get a grip.

I am sure that you wouldn't have a problem with it if we were going after another club's manager.

Users who are viewing this thread