robins (1 Viewer)

cmoncity

dont no if anyone has seen this morning but mark magic robins has gone to really short prices and odds on favorite for the huddersfield job with several bookies.now one bookie i could say there guessing but several im now worried

Otis

Que sera, sera. Whatever will be will be.

It's out of our hands, so I wouldn't worry too much if I was you.

I don't think he'll leave, but if he does there's nowt we can do about it.

Why would he want to leave the Sky Blues for Udders field? Seems MR is the bookies favourite for every managerial vacancy they must be making a fortune from these mugs who think he is going anywhere.

Otis

He's obviously going to be constantly linked with everyone isn't he. Not worth worrying over.

LJC_CCFC

Huddersfield will probably appoint mark Lillis who has been their caretaker as under him they've beaten palace and drawn with Leicester and Cardiff

F**k the bookies. He's been odds on favourite before and stayed and he's already turned down approaches from Donny and Blackpool, so stop worrying guys, he's here for the long run

ccfc92

He doesn't seem the kind of person to jump ship. The only time he's left a club, is Barnsley, cus the board was messing him about, so fair play to him. I'm glad we don't have a yes man.

Houdi

Yes Robins may turn out to be a great manager,but fans claiming he is the best Manager since Jimmy Hill,seem ridiculously premature.The jury still remains firmly out.In the first few weeks of 2013,at home we have lost and not even scored against Shrewsbury,Crewe and Yeovil,hardly 3 giants of the game.Last season we were playing and losing to sides like Southampton,West Ham,QPR and Thorn was castigated by everyone,yet now we struggle to beat team like Carlisle and the reaction is stangely muted.
Hopefully long term Robins will prove a great manager for us,but winning at Stevenage and Hartlepool with all due respects,is not quite as difficult as trying to win at partisan ground like Elland Road or the New Den.

Grendel

Last season we were playing and losing to sides like Southampton,West Ham,QPR and Thorn was castigated by everyone,yet now

You must have been looking at another forum. Most were lapping up defeat after defeat. Actually thorn has been described on here as the best since Hill.

Sick Boy

You must have been looking at another forum. Most were lapping up defeat after defeat. Actually thorn has been described on here as the best since Hill.

I am sure that he was also being touted by some as the future England manager.

T

The Hornet

Robins met delegates from Huddersfield at the weekend.

Apparently he is not enamoured with SISU.

Real

I'm glad our manager is being linked with jobs and is odds on, because it means he's doing a good job here, and long may it continue.

Stevearcade

It's not Robins, but CCFC. We've had a rotating door for some time in the managerial role. If I were a bookie, seeing how he has shown promise as a manager and that City have had so many managers in the last decade, I'd put him odds on for any move. But I think he wants to prove his worth by getting us promoted and settled into the the Championship. I mean look where we were when he took charge. If he succeeds in making us a serious team and stable in the Championship by this time next year, that's a hell of an impressive thing to put on your CV. Then he can get head hunted by a premiership team, I think that's his career game plan. Until then, unless things go belly up, I see him hanging around. (Or rather, I hope that's his game plan and he hangs around)

Sick Boy

I wonder what the chances are of this being utter bullshit. :whistle:

He wouldn't have any reason to complain about SISU, since he has been in charge here he has been backed by them and been able to bring in several signings.

Otis

He doesn't seem the kind of person to jump ship. The only time he's left a club, is Barnsley, cus the board was messing him about, so fair play to him. I'm glad we don't have a yes man.

And luckily enough our board never ever messes anyone about, so we can all breathe easily.

dongonzalos

Bull shit, who could fall out with SISU.

Totally trustworthy

There is more chance of a Pope using twitter then retiring......

Right, time for the news

Last edited:

georgehudson

big decision time for you know who,
fingers out of the proverbial & time to quell all,
a statement from the duplicitious fraternity beckons

dongonzalos

Many will disagree.

However I think if we paid our rent and stopped publicly shouting about haemorrhaging hundreds of thousands every month.

I can't help but think Doncaster and Huddersfield would think they could take the manager if a team just out the top six.

Who can attract 30000 fans.

Yes Huddersfield are in a division above. However surely Robins would go with the potential

Just think the football world see us as a club in financial melt down

Grendel

Many will disagree.

However I think if we paid our rent and stopped publicly shouting about haemorrhaging hundreds of thousands every month.

I can't help but think Doncaster and Huddersfield would think they could take the manager if a team just out the top six.

Who can attract 30000 fans.

Yes Huddersfield are in a division above. However surely Robins would go with the potential

Just think the football world see us as a club in financial melt down

No the bookies just make it up as they have not a clue

georgehudson

an immediate rebuttal should come,
however we'll have to wait for a considered reply,
TF to SW, 'how can we dress this one up'
JS 'what's it worth to us then ?'
probably the most vital decision to make since their 'rescue?' of the club,
we wait

Delboycov

torchomatic

I'm not worried. I think he'll stay.

The thing is we should all be flattered that our manager, the manager of Coventry City, is highly regarded by other clubs. We've not had that for a while have we?

T

The Hornet

I wonder what the chances are of this being utter bullshit. :whistle:

He wouldn't have any reason to complain about SISU, since he has been in charge here he has been backed by them and been able to bring in several signings.

I'll wait for the apology when he is announced up there today or tomorrow. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread