Robins very quiet this pre season (1 Viewer)

Deity

He’s never one to seek the spotlight but Robins has been incredibly quiet this summer.

maybe the rumours of a difference of opinion with Boddy over recruitment targets and budgets are true.

very few comments after each friendly.

hopefully more comments tonight with the season so close.

steve101

He’s never one to seek the spotlight but Robins has been incredibly quiet this summer.

maybe the rumours of a difference of opinion with Boddy over recruitment targets and budgets are true.

It would be good to get an update on injuries and signings

Reactions: vow

Deity

They’re pre season games, what comments should he be making which he isn’t?
How has our recruitment gone versus plan ?

how far behind the rest of the group in fitness terms are Kelly, Rose, Hyam, Bright, Godden ?

what does he see as our plan a formation ?

how confident is he that we will have a left back and centre back in by the Forest match ?

these are the sort of bog standard questions that Turner and Fosterused to ask each summer

SlowerThanPlatt

How has our recruitment gone versus plan ?

how far behind the rest of the group in fitness terms are Kelly, Rose, Hyam, Bright, Godden ?

what does he see as our plan a formation ?

how confident is he that we will have a left back and centre back in by the Forest match ?

these are the sort of bog standard questions that Turner and Fosterused to ask each summer

Eh, so it’s not him being “very quiet”, it’s the journalists not asking the questions you want them to. How many journalists actually cover Coventry City?

D

Deleted member 2477

giphy.gif

Colin Steins Smile

I’m not surprised that MR isn’t being higher profile. We’ve had COVID in the camp, players either ill or isolating and a number of key players rehabbing from injury.
What’s he likely to say if challenged? “The squads in a bad way” 🤫

Gint11

I would think this is a non story. They are pre season games. What do you want him to say post match? These games are workouts and trying things out.
We get beat and we start looking for problems.
For me we put far too much emphasis on results in pre season. I’m sure fans at all clubs do.

junglej13

Easy to say with hindsight but should pre-season have started a week earlier knowing there was a risk that covid was still spreading in non vaccinated groups.

Greggs

It's pretty obvious really
We have been suffering due to covid
Most clubs wouldn't disclose which of their players or staff are affected
Perhaps Robins is keeping away from interviews until things settle down
Who is missing due to COVID please?

CDK

Think he's playing his cards close to his chest, recruitment not been 100% ,Covid amongst squad,planning affected.think I'd stay stum.

COV

Think he's playing his cards close to his chest, recruitment not been 100% ,Covid amongst squad,planning affected.think I'd stay stum.

What is there to keep close to his chest though- what’s he hiding that needs to be kept a secret?

Greggs

Is it only us that suffers from Covid related stuff then???!!!??

Sky Blue Harry H

What is there to keep close to his chest though- what’s he hiding that needs to be kept a secret?

Why give opponents advance notice that (for example) we may have no Central defenders available, that O'Hare is injured
and both wing backs are struggling with Cov-id. If he advertised that with less than 2 weeks to go to Forest, they'd plan accordingly.

COV

Why give opponents advance notice that (for example) we may have no Central defenders available, that O'Hare is injured
and both wing backs are struggling with Cov-id. If he advertised that with less than 2 weeks to go to Forest, they'd plan accordingly.

Not sure what they’d need to plan if we have no defenders

fatso

How? Are they going to run out wearing face masks and carrying hand sanitizer?

I dont think Forrest are going g to loose any sleep when they see how are squad is facing up.

We are basically the same team as last year, minus
Morosi, Ostigard, McCallum, James, Kelly and Godden.

Briles

I think he's probably worried that, as it appears he wants to play 2 up top this season, and with covid and players being at different levels of fitness, hes not able to get his first 11 learning the new system together. Just a guess

skyblue1991

What rumours you tit

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Hobo

It would be good to get an update on injuries and signings

How clear does he have to be on signings likely to get three but ideally 4. Some of our fans want about seven. It just isn't going to happen.

To manage means use what you have got, to make do.

Greggs

How? Are they going to run out wearing face masks and carrying hand sanitizer?

I dont think Forrest are going g to loose any sleep when they see how are squad is facing up.

We are basically the same team as last year, minus
Morosi, Ostigard, McCallum, James, Kelly and Godden.
not too far from the truth

Users who are viewing this thread