Robin's talking sense (1 Viewer)

luwalla

I thought it would be fun watching us float around the top of league 1 for a season... then again I also thought we'd win the league in the championship when we went down... God I just hope this doesn't go the same way!!

will all hinge on recruitment and hanging on to robins, we lose him or sell our best players & let SISU play the old 'freebie has beens & rushed through academy players' trick again and we will be struggling around league 2 for a few years

sylus

we had 11 seasons in the championship and our best finish was 8th 2005/06 season,and 5 seasons in League one with our best finish last season on 8th,i don't see any different next season with Robins,i believe in him,just he won't get the backing required to make that push back to league one

torchomatic

That's all very easy to say
Now where is the evidence.

Evidence? What do you mean? Mowbray DID mess up recruitment and SISU will still be here. I said Robins needs to spend his budget wisely. That's in the future so I can't do anything about that. He will be given a budget.

Brylowes

What do you suggest, that will work?
I think (nearly ) all of us know the answer to that, unfortunately it doesn't look as though
That's going to happen.
Think we'll find it difficult next season, with Robins eventually falling out of favour like
Everyone before him "at some point we have to accept it's not them, it's us"
Followed by non-league inside 3 years...................Unless something gives.

letsallsingtogether

I think (nearly ) all of us know the answer to that, unfortunately it doesn't look as though
That's going to happen.
Think we'll find it difficult next season, with Robins eventually falling out of favour like
Unfortunately I worry that is true.
everyone was shouting about Tony Mowbray being the Messiah me included some were even saying the same when Slade came in.
really think this job is a poisoned chalice.
Hope I'm wrong I do like Robins. If he fails I didn't really say that:)

Brylowes

Unfortunately I worry that is true.
everyone was shouting about Tony Mowbray being the Messiah me included some were even saying the same when Slade came in.
really think this job is a poisoned chalice.
Hope I'm wrong I do like Robins. If he fails I didn't really say that:)
Hope I'm wrong too, but a betting man would look at us and what's gone on In previous seasons,
his head would tell him there is no reason to think we're about to change direction.
Of course, fans tend to look and think with their heart rather than their head,

sylus

That's going to happen.

it is them and not us though,other than that,brilliant post

Chipfat

Clubs will come in for Robin's and unless Tim pulls a rabbit out of his ass and finds investment the reasons Robin's left the 1st time will resurface again.

Then wait for the fans to get blamed or whoever is on Tims shit list that week. I'm no mystic Meg but you don't really have to be following Cov under Sisu. Everything is a wheel of BS that is on a constant pattern of revolving bollocks.

bawtryneal

Evidence? What do you mean? Mowbray DID mess up recruitment and SISU will still be here. I said Robins needs to spend his budget wisely. That's in the future so I can't do anything about that. He will be given a budget.

TMs problem was he was told his budget for 2016/2017. He and MV spent several weeks lining up recruits but was then told the budget had been greatly reduced. He then panicked and was left with mainly dross.

speedie87

Wonder if Mowbray regrets spending some of his playing budget repainting the coach and graffiting half of ryton?

ecky

Without new owners and a chairman who tells the truth this club is going no where
Wait until Robins finds out fisher has stabbed him in the back and there is no money for next season?

Robins will walk he's got form

D

Deleted member 2477

And those two points ecky completely sum up our owners. A manager comes in and has to use his player budget to make the training ground respectfull.

Sisu have no interest in the team, club or fans. Their only intrest and commitement is to their shair holders hence Fishers comments about cutting the playing budget. Further if fans dont buy season tickets.

Sisu will not put a penny into the club but will take out everything they can

ecky

And those two points ecky completely sum up our owners. A manager comes in and has to use his player budget to make the training ground respectfull.

Sisu have no interest in the team, club or fans. Their only intrest and commitement is to their shair holders hence Fishers comments about cutting the playing budget. Further if fans dont buy season tickets.

Sisu will not put a penny into the club but will take out everything they can
Yeh I agree it's a vicious circle but some on here will just keep feeding Sisu there hard earned money

It's misplaced loyalty
I said on another thread I still think Robins will walk when he realises he's been conned

D

Deleted member 2477

Agree mate and I await the usual few to come on and deflect the blame from Sisu

NortonSkyBlue

Agree mate and I await the usual few to come on and deflect the blame from Sisu
Of course Sisu are to blame, but they are not going anywhere. Fisher has been honest and up front, no more money being put in from them. At least we know it's up to us to keep the club going.
Are you and your mate prepared for the club to die?

ecky

Of course Sisu are to blame, but they are not going anywhere. Fisher has been honest and up front, no more money being put in from them. At least we know it's up to us to keep the club going.
Are you and your mate prepared for the club to die?
Good one "honest and up front"
As I said misplaced loyalty

skybluetony176

Haven't heard MR's post match interview yet but from the OP I'm getting that the gist of it seems to be that he said we'll bounce straight back and then use that momentum to get promoted straight into the championship. Is that right or am I misinterpreting the OP?

Ccfc1979

Haven't heard MR's post match interview yet but from the OP I'm getting that the gist of it seems to be that he said we'll bounce straight back and then use that momentum to get promoted straight into the championship. Is that right or am I misinterpreting the OP?
Yes. He said we need to just 'touch' League One on the way through to the Championship by building solid foundations for the future which have all been lacking.

skybluetony176

Yes. He said we need to just 'touch' League One on the way through to the Championship by building solid foundations for the future which have all been lacking.

If right although I admire his optimism but I have to say that sounds more like bollocks than sense. Just can't see how that's possible under the current owners.

Last edited:

mrtrench

If right although I admire his optimism but I have to say that sounds more like bollocks than sense. Just can't see how that's possible under the current owners.

Of course it's possible Tony. SISU don't pick the players to buy; they don't run training; they don't decide tactics and they don't select the team. He may find it challenging if he's only ever going to get the 8th biggest budget no matter which league we are in - but it's certainly possible.

skybluetony176

Of course it's possible Tony. SISU don't pick the players to buy; they don't run training; they don't decide tactics and they don't select the team. He may find it challenging if he's only ever going to get the 8th biggest budget no matter which league we are in - but it's certainly possible.

They crucially though set the tone for the club and the tone is toxic and doesn't lend itself to long-term success. Is promotion straight back up possible? Yes but far far far from a given. Back to back promotions? No chance under SISU.

SISU they have consistently failed to deliver an atmosphere at the club that promotes long term success. Short term yes, long term no. In fact the longest that they've delivered is under the new antichrist Tony Mowbray. What makes you think that Robins who is a good manager but doesn't have TM's credentials in that unlike TM has never been promoted as manager is going to sustain success longer than TM did?

People are getting way ahead of themselves here including MR's by the sound of it. Getting out of league 2 is a massive task and for all his positives he still has to overcome SISU's negatives to achieve that and that's a big task on it's own before you even consider the task of getting out of this league.

Personally I'll be both gob smacked and delighted if we do it first time of asking if SISU are still here, especially if that's by an automatic place.

clint van damme

I have every confidence that Robins will have us pushing for promotion if he's allowed to recruit the players he wants. Will that happen? Who knows, all this he will be given a good budget/he won't be given a good budget is purely conjecture, none of us really know.

mrtrench

They crucially though set the tone for the club and the tone is toxic and doesn't lend itself to long-term success. Is promotion straight back up possible? Yes but far far far from a given. Back to back promotions? No chance under SISU.

Come on Tony; cheer up! You used to be so enthusiastic and positive - albeit usually about Frosties. What is it you used to say "They're Greeeeeaaaaaaaaat!" wasn't it? And now you are writing off the next two years before they even start. Come on, get the Frosties out and rekindle your zest for life.

skybluetony176

Come on Tony; cheer up! You used to be so enthusiastic and positive - albeit usually about Frosties. What is it you used to say "They're Greeeeeaaaaaaaaat!" wasn't it? And now you are writing off the next two years before they even start. Come on, get the Frosties out and rekindle your zest for life.

I was much younger then. What can I say, the trials of life have worn me down and I now find frosties indifferent. Prefer toast and honey these days :)

mrtrench

I was much younger then. What can I say, the trials of life have worn me down and I now find frosties indifferent. Prefer toast and honey these days :)

Right, I'm going to get on the phone to Mummy and try one last time to get her to tell them about the honey. If I can persuade her will you give the Frosties one more try?

Users who are viewing this thread