Robins reaction - so what’s going to change (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

No. In the time he has, he hasn't even had a like ratio of getting into these positions. And I'm not defending Biamou here. I'm saying that something doesn't seem right with him.
Godden is nowhere near fit - that is his issue.

We only ever attack in the first twenty minutes of games these days. Anyone coming on up front any time after that and you might as well bring your deck chair and a good book.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

1 up front with two behind is one thing, but Hamer just isn’t an AM, let the kid play his game and stop trying to shoehorn James and Kelly into the same team. Either give Max a partner or play Allen/Györkeres behind with O’Hare.

Two attacking players out of 11 is criminal.

Whenever we play it reminds of games when England play San Marino or Gibraltar or something. When they have one man potentially contemplating a counter, otherwise it's the other 10 players defending the goal line.

shmmeee

Whenever we play it reminds of games when England play San Marino or Gibraltar or something. When they have one man potentially contemplating a counter, otherwise it's the other 10 players defending the goal line.

The thing is we generally looks dangerous when we go forwards and we generally give away a couple of gilt edged chances at the back regardless. Just fucking get at them.

cc84cov

The thing is we generally looks dangerous when we go forwards and we generally give away a couple of gilt edged chances at the back regardless. Just fucking get at them.
Dangerous ? Our system and tactic is to work it wide and cross to 1 man at times that 1 man is Callum O’Hare who’s never won a header in his life 🤷🏻‍♂️

Evo1883

Come on... you have to expand.
"Know for a fact".....
That isn't just a throw away statement. Relegation is on the cards at our club.
If something ain't right behind the scenes I want to know too.
I get inside bits. I havent asked about this... but haven't been told in passing either....
It's just his opinion tbh, he's entitled to it but I think he's wrong on this

D

Deleted member 2477

Look at the last 2 games the body language of the players and robins
You have pissed around the bush for months now asking, creating threads and making comments about Robins. Why dont you just say it. “I want Robins sacked, the second most sucesfull manager in the clubs history“
it would save tou so much time in creating these threads and posts

pastythegreat

You have pissed around the bush for months now asking, creating threads and making comments about Robins. Why dont you just say it. “I want Robins sacked, the second most sucesfull manager in the clubs history“
it would save tou so much time in creating these threads and posts
Why does it matter if he's the 2nd most successful manager in the clubs history? Why is that even relevant? Just because somebody done something good previously, why should he be offered free reign and never have any criticism? Look at oggy ffs. The goalkeeping department stagnated for years with him in charge, seeing the likes of Ryan Alsopp and Lee Burge and RCC not improving under his watch. But, he won the FA Cup!!!!! You can't say nasty things about him, he's a legend and should be given a job for life, even if that means us going backwards!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Look at oggy ffs. The goalkeeping department stagnated for years with him in charge, seeing the likes of Ryan Alsopp and Lee Burge and RCC not improving under his watch.
Not sure that's the best example. We've hardly made a major leap forward with Marosi and Wilson!

pastythegreat

Not sure that's the best example. We've hardly made a major leap forward with Marosi and Wilson!
They were both a VAST improvement in L1 and both have been "okay" in the Championship. Can you imagine how much worse this season could have been if we had Lee Burge and Oggy?! It gives shivers just the thought of it!

Grendel

They were both a VAST improvement in L1 and both have been "okay" in the Championship. Can you imagine how much worse this season could have been if we had Lee Burge and Oggy?! It gives shivers just the thought of it!

Wilson is the worst keeper since that french bloke

pastythegreat

Wilson is the worst keeper since that french bloke
No idea who "that French bloke" is, but how is Wilson the worst keeper since anyone? Seems to have lost confidence, but I remeber when he first came in he was praised by many. People said they underestimated him and it was nice that he didn't fucknaround with it too much like Marosi and was happy to come and collect crosses and corners.
Also, stats wise, Westwood (arguably our best keeper at this level) kept a total of 9 clean sheets in 08/09 in all competitions. Wilson has kept 8 clean sheets in just 22 games. Doesnt look so shit from where I'm standing and hes certainly an upgrade on Burge/RCC/Allsopp etc which was my initial point i was making!

covcity4life

Wilson's done fine. Some shaky moments but remmeber how scared we all were wheb Marosi got injured and really we have not seen my h of s change . He has made some terrible errors but also some big saves and some clean sheets. As far as back up keepers go he is doing his job for most part imo

Grendel

No idea who "that French bloke" is, but how is Wilson the worst keeper since anyone? Seems to have lost confidence, but I remeber when he first came in he was praised by many. People said they underestimated him and it was nice that he didn't fucknaround with it too much like Marosi and was happy to come and collect crosses and corners.
Also, stats wise, Westwood (arguably our best keeper at this level) kept a total of 9 clean sheets in 08/09 in all competitions. Wilson has kept 8 clean sheets in just 22 games. Doesnt look so shit from where I'm standing and hes certainly an upgrade on Burge/RCC/Allsopp etc which was my initial point i was making!

RCC holds the club record for consecutive clean sheets doesn’t he? So how’s he an upgrade on the most statically successful keeper in our 130 odd year history?

pastythegreat

RCC holds the club record for consecutive clean sheets doesn’t he? So how’s he an upgrade on the most statically successful keeper in our 130 odd year history?
A) Consecutive clean sheets isn't MOST clean sheets.
B) Who the fuck said anything about 130 year history?
C) How is a keeper keeping more clean sheets at a HIGHER LEVEL not an upgrade? 1 has 8 clean sheets in the championship, the other is benching for a non league team!

Grendel

A) Consecutive clean sheets isn't MOST clean sheets.
B) Who the fuck said anything about 130 year history?
C) How is a keeper keeping more clean sheets at a HIGHER LEVEL not an upgrade? 1 has 8 clean sheets in the championship, the other is benching for a non league team!

Wilson Has been benching for league 2 and non league his whole career

pastythegreat

Also, its a post war record so not most successful in our 130 year history. It was also most minutes without conceding rather than x ammount of clean sheets. Just saying!

Grendel

Yet has now kept 8 clean sheets in a league higher than RCC has ever played!! Whats your point?

He’s rubbish that’s my point

Brighton Sky Blue

Well after Tuesday, he decided the best course of action was to change nothing.

This is the thing isn't it. He saw how shit we were on Tuesday and thought to keep it exactly the same minus the forced swap for McF's suspension. And guess what, we were shit again yesterday. Only difference being Wycombe are so bad they didn't score the awful goal that's usually given away.

Users who are viewing this thread