Robins reaction - so what’s going to change (1 Viewer)

Major Tom

“We’ve created a number of clear-cut chances and should have taken them, we could have been three or four-nil up in the first half but didn’t take one.

cc84cov

“We’ve created a number of clear-cut chances and should have taken them, we could have been three or four-nil up in the first half but didn’t take one.
He’s lost the plot why don’t he just pick a striker who knows how to finish

pastythegreat

Here we go the vultures from the Robins out brigade have arrived.
Godden isnt fit ffs and he picked Max over Walker to add hight and help out against a tall team who bully defences
Why are we playing with 1 striker against the worst team in the league in the first bastard place?!?! We should have been 2 up front from the get go!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Why are we playing with 1 striker against the worst team in the league in the first bastard place?!?! We should have been 2 up front from the get go!

No problem with 1 up top. After all, we’ve beaten them twice recently with 1 up top. Difference was we got midfielders into attacking areas but that was sorely missing today. Could be far better than we are showing.

ccfc92

Here we go the vultures from the Robins out brigade have arrived.
Godden isnt fit ffs and he picked Max over Walker to add hight and help out against a tall team who bully defences

I'm definitely not Robins out, but the tactics/mentality since the Brentford win have frankly been disgusting.

Today being the worse IMO.

ccfc92

Agreed, just do not get the Kelly / Hamer / Kelly midfield 3. You need 2 of those 3 at most one of whom is Hamer

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

We should be playing on the front foot and not worrying if a bunch of cloggers like Wycombe get a free kick against us we have three big monsters at centre half who can head the bloody thing away. Don’t set up to stop the opposition put them on the back foot.

pastythegreat

No problem with 1 up top. After all, we’ve beaten them twice recently with 1 up top. Difference was we got midfielders into attacking areas but that was sorely missing today. Could be far better than we are showing.
When we were playing football. Not hoofing it to a lone striker stranded. Our passing has progressively got worse the longer the season has gone on! Every single player looks scared to be on the ball and just wants rid of it as quickly as possible. We're playing the extra man in midfield to "win" midfield but clearly aren't doing so. Every player all ocross the pitch is losing their individual battles. We looked better mid week with 10 men and going 2 up top than we did with 11men and 1 up top. A lone striker clearly isn't working! At what point will people (especially Robins') realise this?!?!

SBAndy

When we were playing football. Not hoofing it to a lone striker stranded. Our passing has progressively got worse the longer the season has gone on! Every single player looks scared to be on the ball and just wants rid of it as quickly as possible. We're playing the extra man in midfield to "win" midfield but clearly aren't doing so. Every player all ocross the pitch is losing their individual battles. We looked better mid week with 10 men and going 2 up top than we did with 11men and 1 up top. A lone striker clearly isn't working! At what point will people (especially Robins') realise this?!?!

You’re right with a lot of what you say here. Our players have lost the bravery of wanting to play football in difficult areas. Kelly was quite frankly embarrassing with his use of the ball today.

pastythegreat

You’re right with a lot of what you say here. Our players have lost the bravery of wanting to play football in difficult areas. Kelly was quite frankly embarrassing with his use of the ball today.
Hyam has been for weeks too! He used to love coming to half way and picking a pass or drilling a 40yard diagonal for Dabo to latch on to. He seems to be getting worse as the weeks go on.

stupot07

Agreed, plus we don't have the midfield runners and both wingbacks are nowhere near as effective as last season.

So last season McCallum and Dabo played the most of their games in the oppositions halves, we had Shipley and Allen (or Westbrook and O'Hare) making runs in behind the striker, and we had Walsh willing to carry the ball and break the lines.

Thats not happening this season. Our wingbacks are pinned back, we play too many defensive midfielders, the striker and o'hare are left isolated. O'Hare rarely runs in behind the striker so most of his work is done running from deep. Its a big step up in quality and too many of our players aren't up to the required standard, so their passing is off, they struggle to assert themselves, lacking composure, etc. Its so easy to defend against.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Well said and won’t be popular. His use of the ball since coming back has been really woeful. Not sure if he’s been told to just lump it long every time or his composure is lacking, but he’s been poor for weeks and if his name began with S, he would have been lambasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Steins Smile

The international break may have come at a good time for us, as we are struggling and it’s an opportunity to re-set and reflect.
I worry about going into the last nine games without Dabo & Kelly. On the plus side we have chance to get Godden and Walker closer to fitness and maybe up to 60 mins out of them.

SBAndy

Well said and won’t be popular. His use of the ball since coming back has been really woeful. Not sure if he’s been told to just lump it long every time or his composure is lacking, but he’s been poor for weeks and if his name began with S, he would have been lambasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve made no secret of my admiration for Sheaf. His use of the ball is (mostly) streets ahead of Kelly and James. However, because we’ve only got one advanced midfielder and the wing backs are dawdling on the edge of our box, there is literally no option to pass forward about 70% of the time we are on the ball. It’s ridiculous. Feel like Sheaf being involved would lead to a more structured play but equally he doesn’t have the positional sense of Kelly or the guile of Hamer.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What else did he say after the game?

I'm curious to know, but knew if I'd have listened at the time I would have just got pissed off.

Users who are viewing this thread