Robins post match/mcallum sale (1 Viewer)

vow

Is it really that much of a big deal? From what I’ve seen in here Mason is a world beater and McAllum was only playing as part of an intricate web of interconnected plots to get his value up so we could sell him, he shouldn’t be in the team if he’s loaned back, and we apparently get £3m anyway- sounds like no biggie to me
You what!?
You're replying to the wrong poster m8?

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't know all the details but I think it's fairly certain that Mccullum is going to Norwich and that the club has made sure we drove a hard bargain
Again, not sure of the details but if Sam is staying here on loan I'd see this as positive evidence that we've made the best of a difficult situation
Some have said that the loan back of Maddison didn't work at as well as hoped
But Dele Alli's loan back after his sale to Spurs worked brilliantly as MK got the money while Alli stayed to help them get promoted to the Championship before he left

Conflating the Maddison sale with his form that half of the season have got it wrong. We lost 11 games that half of the season - the teams form went down and Maddison’s form suffered with the team, not the sale.

That window we signed Hunt, Ramage, and Henderson to kick on with our ‘promotion push’. Sums it up really.

A loan-back deal is necessary for all parties involved. We keep a good player, Norwich have a promising young player continuing his development and we would don’t need to go through the hassle of signing someone new.

Skybluefaz

Conflating the Maddison sale with his form that half of the season have got it wrong. We lost 11 games that half of the season - the teams form went down and Maddison’s form suffered with the team, not the sale.

That window we signed Hunt, Ramage, and Henderson to kick on with our ‘promotion push’. Sums it up really.

A loan-back deal is necessary for all parties involved. We keep a good player, Norwich have a promising young player continuing his development and we would don’t need to go through the hassle of signing someone new.
The 'fans' are the biggest issue in a loan back scenario. If he plays, every mistake will be criticised to the nth degree by some. "I thought he was supposed to be premier league quality" etc.

larry_david

The 'fans' are the biggest issue in a loan back scenario. If he plays, every mistake will be criticised to the nth degree by some. "I thought he was supposed to be premier league quality" etc.
We only get about 6 at St Andrews so probably doesn't matter

mark82

No they really have signed T. Abraham.

It’s Timmy Abraham, Tammy’s brother, on loan from Fulham

I thought it was a joke when I saw this online, but Tammy really does have a brother called Timmy who looks exactly like him and has just signed on loan for Bristol Rovers.

David O'Day

Wtaf!?

What is wrong with people? Where has this totally absurd, rabid frothing come from!??

Because they're said lonely twats who like to pretend to be in the know on deadline day. If a blue tick tweeted they'd seen Messi ordering shots in DigBrew while wearing a sky blue top they'd be all over that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Any of McCallum goes it'll be a shame but Mason is a good player and it's probably the position we can most afford to lose a player in.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

jamboy

I thought it was a joke when I saw this online, but Tammy really does have a brother called Timmy who looks exactly like him and has just signed on loan for Bristol Rovers.
Wouldn’t expect he’ll get a game while Bristol have their own U23s to develop.

Danceswithhorses

So it seems McCallum is off to Norwich, but will be loaned back, so net effect is ZERO to team, and £3m (prob in installments+addons) to finances.
Looks like Oxford are losing 2 star midfielders to Brentford.
Also looks like Sunderland's McGeady is off to Charlton.
Madddison seems to be leaving Peterborough, and there is talk of Toney leaving too.

If we can keep our team together, whilst our close rivals are losing their best players, then that's fine with me.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd hope we'll make sure Herne Bay get something. Even £100k could be a game changer for them, and the offer would probably encourage similar clubs to let their players come to us as first choice.
There was a guy on here who’s a City fan from Herne Bay and he said they wanted a friendly in pre season but we declined

At least we get compensated well, they got nothing

Grendel

Wtaf!?

What is wrong with people? Where has this totally absurd, rabid frothing come from!??

He’s an idiot I mad one comment saying he didn’t understand football finances and I was blocked

NorthernWisdom

There was a guy on here who’s a City fan from Herne Bay and he said they wanted a friendly in pre season but we declined

At least we get compensated well, they got nothing
Yeah that's why I'd hope, now we have some cash, we show some honour. I know it's a forlorn hope, but it'd probably work out better for us in the long run if teams are more disposed to deal with us.

Users who are viewing this thread