Robins on cwr (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yer, it's a bit like London who only host 1 match on a Saturday.
Yeah and it's such a shame that London don't have an underground tube system and light rail and dozens of main train stations isn't it, alongside all the buses.

Maybe one day, eh

NorthernWisdom

I think players will tend to go to the club that's paying the most money first
And of course we even lose power to do that with lower gates and (potentially) higher rental fees. I can't get away from the thought if the budget stays similar to last season, it's being funded on the hope of a big sale of Wilson, and if that doesn't happen, Bayliss will have to go, cheap. I also would like to know how the funding gap when we weren't selling season tickets (and if we don't sell money) will be bridged. I'd assume a short-term loan from ARVO? And if that's the case, what are the interest rates?

I'm all for a bit of short term pain for long term gain, I'm just waiting to be convinced this will actually gain us anything!

Robccfc87

Yeah and it's such a shame that London don't have an underground tube system and light rail and dozens of main train stations isn't it, alongside all the buses.

Maybe one day, eh
And it's about 8 times bigger!!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Maybe one day, eh
Ah, that'll be why I've never seen other away fans en route to London games then...

I do wonder if inventing obstacles is unique to Cov fans.

Esoterica

As I said, i'm unsure.

You really think it has sold tickets? You think anyone has changed their mind based on it? I doubt it tbh, those buying would have bought anyway.

I don't think anything he says will have an effect on the Ricoh situation, those decisions are way beyond him.

I'm sure his comments will be quickly forgotten if we do stay at the Ricoh, but it does make him look a bit of a mug if he has to now say "we wanted to be here all the time, and glad it's been sorted..."
I'm sure it will sell tickets. Maybe not just season tickets but at least match packages and walk ups - there will be people who were on the fence about attending that have been galvanised by his comments. Example from this forum below:
I wasn't planning on bothering with any home games next season (laziness and the hassle of it rather than any principle blah blah) but Robins' commitment has swayed me I think. I'll still believe the new stadium stuff when I see it, but I don't think he's complicit in any bullshit.

If we do end up back it's easy to spin the focus onto it being best for the amazing CCFC fans, rather than contradicting his comments on pitch/wasps and his comments will be lost in the euphoria of being back anyway.

olderskyblue

I'm sure it will sell tickets. Maybe not just season tickets but at least match packages and walk ups - there will be people who were on the fence about attending that have been galvanised by his comments. Example from this forum below:

I wasn't planning on bothering with any home games next season (laziness and the hassle of it rather than any principle blah blah) but Robins' commitment has swayed me I think. I'll still believe the new stadium stuff when I see it, but I don't think he's complicit in any bullshit.

I wouldn't believe everything you read online... ;)

You may be right, as I said, i'm unsure. Maybe i'm just a sceptic, and don't buy in to rhetoric of that nature as easily.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Good that he has his say, and is passionate

However with this and other statements it seems to me like bridges are getting burnt ............... only the Tynan Scope statement has offered any hint of compromise.

"Not coming back unless it is in our own stadium" ................. now where have i heard that before ?

Given that, it wouldn't surprise me to see wasps acting accordingly, perhaps not immediately but in the not too distant future when things have settled. The PR damage from CCFC playing elsewhere has effectively been done. It would, for instance, make sense from their perspective to remove any obvious reminders around the stadium of CCFC being there. Let people and media get accustomed to the idea. I find that a worrying notion

The positions really have not changed, the two sides are still entrenched and miles apart

I think a one year limit to ground share at BCFC is optimistic. I hope the team performs well for everyone sky blue sake

hill83

However with this and other statements it seems to me like bridges are getting burnt ............... only the Tynan Scope statement has offered any hint of compromise.

"Not coming back unless it is in our own stadium" ................. now where have i heard that before ?

Given that, it wouldn't surprise me to see wasps acting accordingly, perhaps not immediately but in the not too distant future when things have settled. The PR damage from CCFC playing elsewhere has effectively been done. It would, for instance, make sense from their perspective to remove any obvious reminders around the stadium of CCFC being there. Let people and media get accustomed to the idea. I find that a worrying notion

The positions really have not changed, the two sides are still entrenched and miles apart

I think a one year limit to ground share at BCFC is optimistic. I hope the team performs well for everyone sky blue sake

Name change to Buzz Killington please.

cc84cov

Can’t see us coming back until wasps crash & burn if & when that even happens can’t see it being a quick return 5-10 years very possible

ddsdube

I don’t think fans passing through new st is too big a concern, there’s fans from all different clubs passing through there on a Saturday already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

He’s our current manager, and most successful in recent history. He’s spoken open and honestly about a contentious and all round shit situation.

For all the theories and rumours online, he’s in the thick of it and knows the ins and outs. He’s formed a view based on those things.

Really not sure why this is being turned into a potential negative.

He might piss off Wasps and a few fans who will never come anyway. So what? Let’s see the reaction when we get promotion this year.

eastwoodsdustman

They can take the City Badges off the walls but I think they'll be stuck sitting in the Sky Blue seats for a while bearing in mind their finances.

Users who are viewing this thread