Robins new striker search (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Given we have no chance of holding on mcg who thinks robins will find another striker to do the job and keep us moving forward?

skybluegod

We are already in early discussions and he has said that he wouldn't mind staying sounds like we have a chance to me.

@richh87

We have a very slim chance, but assuming we can't keep him I have faith that Robins will find a decent replacement; not necessarily as good, but good enough to help the team climb the league.

Sky Blue Pete

We have a very slim chance, but assuming we can't keep him I have faith that Robins will find a decent replacement; not necessarily as good, but good enough to help the team climb the league.
This is what I think. I wonder who he has in mind? Strikers not in championship teams currently?! Anyone??

covcity4life

I hope we can off load those surplus to requirements in January to please susu

Hussey, rod,Elliott look likely to leave. I have a feeling Cody will be gone come summer as robins dorsnt feel he's an instinctive goalscorer(just a feeling I get)

Ball, Henderson, brown going now or summer too...if we replace with 4 or 5 robin signings we should have a SD superb squad for next year.

woody11462

Surely the last thing McGoldrick wants is to end up sitting on the bench for another championship team. Now he could go to another team in the championship and set it on fire. But he has to settle, get used to a different style of play, break into a team, get a scoring streak going again etc. but then again he could go somewhere and it not work out. He might be getting paid better than he would here, flat rate anyway. But let's not forget he was bottom of the pecking order at Forest, their fans were laughing at us takin him off their hands and they saw him week in, week out. He went Sheff Wed in this league last year and didn't set the place alight.

Now IF he was to stay here he would have so much in place to carry on in his current vein of form. There is a lot to be said for being settled & playing well. He's scoring for fun here, he's playing every week, he's loved and there's alot to be said for that.

It will come down to two things. What does DMC see as the most important thing in his next move AND how far will SISU go to making him feel wanted and offer something that will at least compete with other offers. It's the later that I worry about the most!

covcity4life

Players have limited shelf life...I'm sure he wants to be able to tell Hus kids he scored 30 plus one season,eon dEnglish golden boot as did league and cup double!

Rather than say hey son I got a 3k a week pay rise back in january 2013

Waldorf

I hope we can off load those surplus to requirements in January to please susu

Hussey, rod,Elliott look likely to leave. I have a feeling Cody will be gone come summer as robins dorsnt feel he's an instinctive goalscorer(just a feeling I get)

Ball, Henderson, brown going now or summer too...if we replace with 4 or 5 robin signings we should have a SD superb squad for next year.

You're suggesting we'll get rid of the only left back we've got once Adams returns (Jan), two of the three strikers we'll have if we lose McGoldrick and Ball returns. But we don't get anyone in 'till the summer. Am I right, or have I misunderstood your master plan?

Waldorf

No you have just assumed we won't retain bailey, Adams or DMC

Learn from your mistake.

The general assumption, and the premise of this thread, is that DMG will not sign; Adams is due to return so you can't assume he'll be here; and I never said anything about Bailey (or any other midfielder).

WeWillBeBack

Players have limited shelf life...I'm sure he wants to be able to tell Hus kids he scored 30 plus one season,eon dEnglish golden boot as did league and cup double!

This has persuaded me that we may have a chance of keeping him

stupot07

However, like you say players have a limited shelf life so they have to earn as much as they can in a short career. Paying the bills is always the first priority.....

...and we have to have a bid excepted by forest before anything else happens anyway.

katzenjammer

I think we could get Nimely back. I know his goal scoring record wasn't great but neither was DMC's and I think Robins could get more out if him.

stupot07

I think we could get Nimely back. I know his goal scoring record wasn't great but neither was DMC's and I think Robins could get more out if him.

Problem is nimely is completely different to DMc, DMc has been so good because he's a poacher and very instinctive in and around the penalty area, nimely likes to do his work a lot deeper, rarely looking to get in the box and on the end of crosses. He's the wrong type of player that we should be looking to bring in if we have to replace DMc IMO.

hamil99

Facebook User
However, like you say players have a limited shelf life so they have to earn as much as they can in a short career. Paying the bills is always the first priority.....

...and we have to have a bid excepted by forest before anything else happens anyway.

That's true mate, about the shelf life but it ain't like what ever we pay him will be minimum wage. He will still be earning a fair wack, shud be enough to make a nest egg and easily pay his bills. Unless he wipes his arse with 20s lol. Hopefully like covcity4life says he will take less wages for having some bragging rights for the rest of his life.

skybluegod

Also why can't we get goldie AND ANOTHER striker? i like cody but as robins doesn't why not get another one in for back up?

georgehudson

i think the accent / crux of signings, is now hugely in sisu's court,
if they don't back / support the manager, they will alienate themselves to the ultimate degree from the real fans

skybluegod

i'm sure 2-6k (the amount we could pay) would still enable him to pay the bills

rupert_bear

McGoldrick will stay to the end of season atleast, playing well, scoring goals chance of 2 Wembley appearences in JPT and play-off, free agent in the summer what better shop window for him to get the best deal for him. I also think given the nod Robins will bring in another striker to go with McG, we need one.

skybluenewman

Problem is nimely is completely different to DMc, DMc has been so good because he's a poacher and very instinctive in and around the penalty area, nimely likes to do his work a lot deeper, rarely looking to get in the box and on the end of crosses. He's the wrong type of player that we should be looking to bring in if we have to replace DMc IMO.

I agree with this post. Nimley to me would play better as an attacking midfielder. He was great at dribbling the ball into the box but crap at finishing. I would consider getting him on loan for this role instead.

mrtrench

i think the accent / crux of signings, is now hugely in sisu's court,
if they don't back / support the manager, they will alienate themselves to the ultimate degree from the real fans

Don't you think that has already happened? This will not be a factor.

What will be a factor is our league position in January. We could be in the top 6 by then and the form team. This will influence both McGoaldrought and SISU.

Users who are viewing this thread