Robins has to go in the summer / 02476 555 555 (1 Viewer)

Westendlad

People on this forum reflect the way society is these days......I want and expect it NOW......Before the season started their was a thread asking where we would finish at the end of the season. Most said they would well happy with mid table. Yes its shite when we lose but chill everyone. we will be stronger next season.

clint van damme

People on this forum reflect the way society is these days......I want and expect it NOW......Before the season started their was a thread asking where we would finish at the end of the season. Most said they would well happy with mid table. Yes its shite when we lose but chill everyone. we will be stronger next season.

Holy fuck, I agree with a @Westendlad post
This is why you shouldn't put people on ignore,listen to the message not the messenger.

Otis

If we go on another decent run, is there a minimum number of points won that would prevent you bumping this when it goes a bit tits up or is it just this forever until he goes?
Exactly.

Every time we do okay this thread disappears and then pops its head up again when we wobble.

If anyone wants him gone can they not at least have the conviction to stick by their guns and keep the thread going whatever?

Otis

He still talks sense in post match tbf

Maybe we do need to give young team this year for experience

But his unwilkingness to cgange tactics mid gamw when losing does nees to be addressed
Yep and I too still think he talks sense in his post match interviews. Don't always agree with what he says, but on the whole, yes. He makes sense and I understand why he does things.

Today for instance, many on here were annoyed and angry that he took Enobakhare off and thought the decision to be madness, buy MR explained that he felt he was slowing the play down too much and he wanted a faster tempo. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

Many question as to why we keep losing it straight after half time, but then no-one from CWR asks him the question, so you can hardly blame Mark Robins for that.

CanadianCCFC

Exactly.

Every time we do okay this thread disappears and then pops its head up again when we wobble.

If anyone wants him gone can they not at least have the conviction to stick by their guns and keep the thread going whatever?
I see the same lack of tactical sense in robins whether we win or lose I just don’t bother writing it

robbiekeane

Exactly.

Was going to reply to this but Canadian’s post is word for word what i was going to write
I see the same lack of tactical sense in robins whether we win or lose I just don’t bother writing it

Otis

Sounds a bit of an easy cop out to me, that. ;)

Rather than still say 'I want Robins out' after a number of wins in row and have posters say 'what the hell are you smoking', I'll just say I could be bothered to write it. In fact, I am never bothered to write it unless we go on a bad run'.
giphy.gif

Okey dokey.

Sky Blue Harry H

All I want is for MR to get hold of the right centre forward (I think Max would have made a real difference as a target man this year, but we'll never know, or what sort of player he will come back as - fingers crossed) and then he needs to find adequate replacements for Sterling and Luke Thomas (going to be difficult). He has already started preparing for Centre back positions, which I applaud (albeit they could turn out to be a Gary Gillespie or a Peter Rammage !!) Will be an interesting summer recruitment.

stevefloyd

Yep and I too still think he talks sense in his post match interviews. Don't always agree with what he says, but on the whole, yes. He makes sense and I understand why he does things.

Today for instance, many on here were annoyed and angry that he took Enobakhare off and thought the decision to be madness, buy MR explained that he felt he was slowing the play down too much and he wanted a faster tempo. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

Many question as to why we keep losing it straight after half time, but then no-one from CWR asks him the question, so you can hardly blame Mark Robins for that.
He wanted a faster tempo so he stuck Chaplin there?????????????????????

stevefloyd

All I want is for MR to get hold of the right centre forward (I think Max would have made a real difference as a target man this year, but we'll never know, or what sort of player he will come back as - fingers crossed) and then he needs to find adequate replacements for Sterling and Luke Thomas (going to be difficult). He has already started preparing for Centre back positions, which I applaud (albeit they could turn out to be a Gary Gillespie or a Peter Rammage !!) Will be an interesting summer recruitment.
Our recent history is not too good with ACL comebacks ...one crocked again the other gone !

stevefloyd

He does try and play quick one two's and both me and my mate were saying Enobakhare was hanging on to the ball too long.
Unfortunately his execution isn't the best at times though, he looks like Hazard so should play like him

oucho

I'm still confused.

Are you saying we will finish 10 points above the relegation places?
Yes. Bet still on?

steve cooper

The point is, personally I'm happy with where we are in the division, given that it's our first season back in L1. What I'm unhappy about is;
1. losing games from winning positions
2. being out-thought tactically
3. the lack of fight I have seen recently when we go behind
Maybe we are missing Doyle more than we realize regarding point 3
We have had two good runs, winning 5 and 3 in succession so we can beat almost any team in this league.
Nobody expects to win every game but this season is turning into a missed opportunity IMO.

ccfcway

The point is, personally I'm happy with where we are in the division, given that it's our first season back in L1. What I'm unhappy about is;
We have had two good runs, winning 5 and 3 in succession so we can beat almost any team in this league.
Nobody expects to win every game but this season is turning into a missed opportunity IMO.

all points to the first bit, your happy where we are. enjoy it, there are fans of clubs like arsenal and Chelsea who cant say that

CanadianCCFC

This is what I think (other than the Doyle part). Are we in a decent position? Yes. But I don’t think robins is a very good manager because of his shocking in game decision making. I’m not totally sure that him going would be the best thing for us at this moment, but at the same time I don’t like the idea that he’s going to be man responsible for leading us to the championship in the near future

robbiekeane

It would have got bumped if we had lost today and it would have been within about 12 seconds of the final whistle to boot, so may as well bump it when we win.
Did you feel the tactics were much different today? Or same old?

Grendel

It would have got bumped if we had lost today and it would have been within about 12 seconds of the final whistle to boot, so may as well bump it when we win.

What a sad twat you are

Users who are viewing this thread