Robins - CWR (1 Viewer)

mr_monkey

i expect us to go down, always have done! That's where your delusion kicks in.

So then why moan when we are outclassed by a superior team?

Based on the games so far it's definitely not delusional to think we have a damn good chance of staying up this season, cut out the daft mistakes and we are a decent team but unfortunately with a young inexperienced team that will happen

I'd prefer not to write my team off from day one

Greggs

So then why moan when we are outclassed by a superior team?

Based on the games so far it's definitely not delusional to think we have a damn good chance of staying up this season, cut out the daft mistakes and we are a decent team but unfortunately with a young inexperienced team that will happen

I'd prefer not to write my team off from day one
not moaning, just being realistic

pastythegreat

Bloke on radio going mad about 1 up front and “Gurkis” starting over max
In fairness, 1 up front doesnt work, it hasn't all season. And in terms of Max v Gyorkeres. Max came closer to scoring with 15mins than Gyorkeres did in 75. I dont think he even touched the ball in the Reading box did he? Either way, both were in a thankless task because if were playing 1 up top, NONE of our squad are suited to it or good enough for it. To play 1 up top like we do, we need a player like Joao.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

In fairness, 1 up front doesnt work, it hasn't all season. And in terms of Max v Gyorkeres. Max came closer to scoring with 15mins than Gyorkeres did in 75. I dont think he even touched the ball in the Reading box did he? Either way, both were in a thankless task because if were playing 1 up top, NONE of our squad are suited to it or good enough for it. To play 1 up top like we do, we need a player like Joao.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

One up front is fine for us if we’ve got total control of the game and can play in their half. Yesterday after half an hour we were sat back on the 18 yard line leaving the striker as the only man up.

Either be brave or stick two big men up top so at least the guys on the 18 yard line have two people to aim at.

Brighton Sky Blue

One up front is fine for us if we’ve got total control of the game and can play in their half. Yesterday after half an hour we were sat back on the 18 yard line leaving the striker as the only man up.

Either be brave or stick two big men up top so at least the guys on the 18 yard line have two people to aim at.

It’s just a regression back to the first 10 games. Disjointed, huge space between our lines, striker trying to feed off scraps and comical defensive mistakes. It was painful to watch and I wish Robins had communicated that he thought the game was gone at 2-0 to save us 45 minutes of the opposition taking the piss

Sky Blue Pete

I thought the first half was much better than that. True no clear cut changes but that was mainly through poor choice or poor play in the final third. Heads went down at 2-0 which isn’t like us over the last 18 months

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Love Robins for what he has done for us, but his interview last night was bit of a car crash. Yes the players were shite last night but he needs to accept some responsibility for the tactics and some of the players selected.

I agree.

The biggest downfall for a lot of people and business is their reluctance to change or not. This guy has made some appalling tactical decisions recently and half the forum are screaming for him to make changes or not pick certain players. The old joke about him being arrogant is kind of funny, but there is some truth in it.

Grendel

Allen played pretty well in his last spell in the team. Now he's been glued to the bench for the last few games while Shipley is starting and Bapaga getting time off the bench in front of him. I find that odd.

I think it’s odd Allen didn’t play ahead of a clearly out of form and low in confidence Shipley

Sky Blue Pete

I agree.

The biggest downfall for a lot of people and business is their reluctance to change or not. This guy has made some appalling tactical decisions recently and half the forum are screaming for him to make changes or not pick certain players. The old joke about him being arrogant is kind of funny, but there is some truth in it.
We know nothing. Not only do we have very little football knowledge but we also have no idea of what’s happening in training or injuries or funds available or length of injuries or who responds well to public ridicule or praise or who on the bench is fit to play and who is good enough at a young age

We are utterly dreaming if we think we have a clue about how to get the best out of the team.

Sure we can have opinions but for me and for most on here he has earned the right to poor runs, poor performances and strange decisions. If you think otherwise you need to give your head a wobble

For me even relegation doesn’t make me question his position

Grendel

Well do you think robins is trying not to win and aiming for relegation or that there’s a bloody good reason?

The only reason I would assume is he wanted to keep a formation which Shipley fitted into on the left sound

He got it wrong. There was never a good reason to offer a contract to Bakayoko a player even he never seemed sure of himself and it’s perfectly reasonable to discuss if this is a task beyond him

If we go down we will I am sure make the mistake of retaining him and then firing him by September

cc84cov

I think it’s odd Allen didn’t play ahead of a clearly out of form and low in confidence Shipley
It’s just weird wtf is going on how can Shipley keep being picked I don’t see how we can’t go back to a flat 4 now with 2 strikers

Brighton Sky Blue

We know nothing. Not only do we have very little football knowledge but we also have no idea of what’s happening in training or injuries or funds available or length of injuries or who responds well to public ridicule or praise or who on the bench is fit to play and who is good enough at a young age

We are utterly dreaming if we think we have a clue about how to get the best out of the team.

Sure we can have opinions but for me and for most on here he has earned the right to poor runs, poor performances and strange decisions. If you think otherwise you need to give your head a wobble

You would though accept that all managers will make mistakes and despite our being amateurs on a forum, sometimes a lot of us can recognise when he gets something wrong. That doesn’t mean people are calling for a taxi but they are legitimate concerns. I can also accept that injuries have dealt us a bad hand but last night we looked resigned to defeat after the first goal whereas in the past, even against PNE, the heads didn’t drop.

Grendel

It’s just weird wtf is going on how can Shipley keep being picked I don’t see how we can’t go back to a flat 4 now with 2 strikers

He won’t play 2 strikers as he’s knows they aren’t good enough and we lose a midfielder

He’s cautious by nature which is fine but despite Hyam repeatedly getting good ratings here he’s been vulnerable all season

cc84cov

He won’t play 2 strikers as he’s knows they aren’t good enough and we lose a midfielder

He’s cautious by nature which is fine but despite Hyam repeatedly getting good ratings here he’s been vulnerable all season
We lose a midfielder playing Shipley mate that lad needs dropping and fast it’s weeks late

Hyam also 4-5 games now being exposed to the level

fernandopartridge

Love Robins for what he has done for us, but his interview last night was bit of a car crash. Yes the players were shite last night but he needs to accept some responsibility for the tactics and some of the players selected.

The players selected? Who should have played then? Did the tactics make the individual errors?

cc84cov

The players selected? Who should have played then? Did the tactics make the individual errors?
Shipley shouldn’t be close to that starting 11 for a start if he knew the game was over at 2-0 as he said in his interview why didn’t he just go 2 up top and just have a go at them

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have seen enough this season to safely say we can avoid relegation if we play it the right way. At the moment the reason we will go down has nothing to do with budgets.

Yes, we have injuries, but there is no defending some of his team selections, tactics, or substitutions. People are too star-struck by being back in the championship and that nonchalance towards trying to stay in it concerns me a lot.

We need to avoid relegation as a club, and we can do it. At the moment though, we are shooting ourselves in the foot. I was lightly concerned, now I am getting the alarm bells. The interview after the game might as well have been done by Nick in Birmingham quite frankly.

Ccfcisparks

The only reason I would assume is he wanted to keep a formation which Shipley fitted into on the left sound

He got it wrong. There was never a good reason to offer a contract to Bakayoko a player even he never seemed sure of himself and it’s perfectly reasonable to discuss if this is a task beyond him

If we go down we will I am sure make the mistake of retaining him and then firing him by September
You're 100% right G. If we go down he should be relieved of his duties. Forget about sentiment, we would probably end up firing him early into the season if we didn't start well and that would be a season down the drain.

Sky Blue Pete

Baka was affordable and he hoped to use him sparingly can be the only reason

Frostie

We lose a midfielder playing Shipley mate that lad needs dropping and fast it’s weeks late

Hyam also 4-5 games now being exposed to the level

Shipley was decent last time out against Millwall & we won the game so I can see why he kept him in. His performance last night was poor though & he definitely should have been substituted much earlier.

Hyam has looked a liability most of the season but who else do you put in? An untried kid?

People forget we're essentially a League 1 team competing against a Top 6 Championship side. We played the better football first half but do lack a cutting edge with both our first choice strikers injured, that can't come as a surprise.

At 1-0 down at half-time we're still in the game so to give another gift almost immediately in the second half then yes, game is then done - everyone knew it.

I don't think tactically Robins got it wrong except for not making changes earlier, particularly Shipley.

Users who are viewing this thread