Robins best ever signing (3 Viewers)

Irish Sky Blue

This would be my view

Good/outstandingsignings

Moussa, James Bailey, Blair Adams, Leon Clarke, Kelly, Doyle, Grimmer, McNulty, Davis, Biamou, Luke Thomas, Sterling, Dabo, Walsh, O'Hare, Godden, McFadz, Hyam, Rose, Marosi,Westbrooke, Nazon
Mason, McCallum, Drsydale, Chaplin, Hiwula, Enobakhare, Stockdale, Allen, Godden

Okay/ not yet proven signings

Vincenti, McDonald, JCH, Jobello, Baka,Morgan Williams, Wilson, Pask, Giles, young, Watson

Poor signings

Philiskirk, Liam O'Brien, Barrett, McGuire-Drew, Brown, Wakefield, Myler, Andreu, Bosma, Ogogo, Allassani, Walters, Kasteneer

I know it is all about opinions but I think even the most cynical of fans would look at the list of incoming players and say that Robins has done well. An awful lot of the players on the poor signings list were very minor gambles with probably only Brown, Ogogo, Andreu and Kastaneer as relatively expensive failures

SleepyGinger

This is well said by ISB.

Another thing I really like about Robins is that he selects on performance vs. automatically playing the players he has signed. Ogogo was a major signing at the time by Robins and his team - it didn't work out - Ogogo quickly moved to another club. It seems to me that other managers we've had would have continued playing Ogogo until he came good - to prove that the call to sign him was the right one. Robins is just professional in every aspect of his management including making the hard decisions even on players he has recently signed.

Agree with this, he’s happy to accept when he’s made mistakes with players too, quickly moved on ogogo brown and looking like kasta too.

David O'Day

blair adams, plays for south shields and he's only 28. thought he'd better than that

mark82

This would be my view

Good/outstandingsignings

Moussa, James Bailey, Blair Adams, Leon Clarke, Kelly, Doyle, Grimmer, McNulty, Davis, Biamou, Luke Thomas, Sterling, Dabo, Walsh, O'Hare, Godden, McFadz, Hyam, Rose, Marosi,Westbrooke, Nazon
Mason, McCallum, Drsydale, Chaplin, Hiwula, Enobakhare, Stockdale, Allen, Godden

Okay/ not yet proven signings

Vincenti, McDonald, JCH, Jobello, Baka,Morgan Williams, Wilson, Pask, Giles, young, Watson

Poor signings

Philiskirk, Liam O'Brien, Barrett, McGuire-Drew, Brown, Wakefield, Myler, Andreu, Bosma, Ogogo, Allassani, Walters, Kasteneer

I know it is all about opinions but I think even the most cynical of fans would look at the list of incoming players and say that Robins has done well. An awful lot of the players on the poor signings list were very minor gambles with probably only Brown, Ogogo, Andreu and Kastaneer as relatively expensive failures

Robins thought very highly of Meyler. He was obviously lacking a bit of fitness, but Robins has often spoken about his positive influence in his time here, even after his season ending injury. He even captained the team twice. Although he didn't meet expectations on the pitch for fans, I think the club would class the Meyler loan as a success.

Grendel

This is well said by ISB.

Another thing I really like about Robins is that he selects on performance vs. automatically playing the players he has signed. Ogogo was a major signing at the time by Robins and his team - it didn't work out - Ogogo quickly moved to another club. It seems to me that other managers we've had would have continued playing Ogogo until he came good - to prove that the call to sign him was the right one. Robins is just professional in every aspect of his management including making the hard decisions even on players he has recently signed.

You have no idea how deals are constructed though. Youd I am sure would also have said the same if he’d signed and then binned Lee Hughes but years later we discovered we were paying a large amount of his wages after we moved him on

We spent £125,000 on Clarke Harris as a loanee and then removed him for nothing.

Kastaneer will have been paid off I have no doubt

You have no idea what we agreed with Ogogo to move him on

Users who are viewing this thread