Robins best ever signing (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

O'Hare. Got him on a free beating off competition from a number of other clubs. He will be worth £10M this time next year. (hopefully)

hill83

Worst robins signing would be fun

30ef1bdb-2d77-424b-9055-e42e7da46d79

TomRad85

So many... Rose, Hyam, McCallum, Dabo, Marosi. I think O'Hare may end up being worth the most.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hamil99

Facebook User
It still impresses me that robins got such a large fee for Chaplin after a mediocre start at cov. I know he's done well at Barnsley, so the fee is justified, but still to double the money. Top bit of business.

Terry Gibson's perm

Doyle as he helped take a team with a losing mentality and turned it so we believed we can win, this has carried on and even some of fans think we can win now.

Although I am still surprised we had to go through the play offs to go up as our side should have been easily the best in league two.

For just playing ability Hyam and absolute steal.

Skybluefaz

Doyle as he helped take a team with a losing mentality and turned it so we believed we can win, this has carried on and even some of fans think we can win now.

Although I am still surprised we had to go through the play offs to go up as our side should have been easily the best in league two.

For just playing ability Hyam and absolute steal.
Without Doyle we'd not have had McNulty either.

junglej13

Big case for Hyam. Who’d have thought he’d be the only one still here out of Willis, Davies and McDonald from when he signed in 17/18
I think Hyam was the 5th signing of that summer and we were pretty much making a signing a day. I remember thinking it reminded me of when Dowie or Adams were in charge and we were signing absolutely dross. I thought Hyam was nailed on to be filed alongside Mikkel Bischoff. I honestly don't think Ive seen Hyam at anything less than 7/10. Been an absolute Rolls Royce in my opinion.

Irish Sky Blue

Robins has made some poor signings too, which on paper you wouldn't have expected to be so: Ogogo, Brown, (ultimately) Andreu, Kastaneer, Vincente. Possibly harsh on Vincente who did contribute a couple of important goals.

I'm not so bothered about the signings for the development squad that didn't work out, not much ventured nothing gained from those.
I would agree on Ogogo, Brown and Kastaneer. Andreu is hard to judge as he may have succeeded if not for serious injury. Vincenti, looked like a fish out of water, never looked convincing but did play a fair number of games that season and did contribute to the team's success. I wouldn't class him as a failure therefore.

DannyThomas_1981

I would agree on Ogogo, Brown and Kastaneer. Andreu is hard to judge as he may have succeeded if not for serious injury. Vincenti, looked like a fish out of water, never looked convincing but did play a fair number of games that season and did contribute to the team's success. I wouldn't class him as a failure therefore.

This is well said by ISB.

Another thing I really like about Robins is that he selects on performance vs. automatically playing the players he has signed. Ogogo was a major signing at the time by Robins and his team - it didn't work out - Ogogo quickly moved to another club. It seems to me that other managers we've had would have continued playing Ogogo until he came good - to prove that the call to sign him was the right one. Robins is just professional in every aspect of his management including making the hard decisions even on players he has recently signed.

Users who are viewing this thread