Road Closure A444 After the Match. (1 Viewer)

djr8369

That’s a great move. It’s carnage crossing the road and then trying to get out of car park C.

SkyBlueMatt

Ridiculous Move. There’s a fucking footbridge. I hope this isn’t a regular occurrence.

Yeah but that means people have to walk further! Why do you think we have pedestrian crossings every 100 metres in towns and cities?

Traffic is going to be a nightmare.

SkyBlueMatt

That bridge isn't big enough for the full footfall that crosses the A444.

Without the road closure, it's only a matter of time before someone is knocked over.

Plus you can't actually get to the footbridge from 15 etc, unless you walk all the way round.

djr8369

Ridiculous Move. There’s a fucking footbridge. Only being able to turn right out of car park C will mean it will take even longer to exit it.
I hope this isn’t a regular occurrence.
Tbh the simpler solution would be to just change the traffic light timings to favour exiting car park C, left and right, as there isn’t that much traffic going either way on the 444 especially after night matches.

The big issue with car park C since last season is they’ve changed the alignment of the bays which causes chaos as it empties.

Flying Fokker

Ridiculous Move. There’s a fucking footbridge. Only being able to turn right out of car park C will mean it will take even longer to exit it.
I hope this isn’t a regular occurrence.
How can That be? The sooner that pedestrians are away, the quicker the cars move. It’s just as likely to be car park c people who dawdle along after the matches because they know they will not be out anyway.

MalcSB

How can That be? The sooner that pedestrians are away, the quicker the cars move. It’s just as likely to be car park c people who dawdle along after the matches because they know they will not be out anyway.
If cars can only turn right rather than be able to turn both left and right, the queue for the right turn will be twice as long as it currently is. Or will they allow both exit lanes to turn right?

Sick Boy

That bridge isn't big enough for the full footfall that crosses the A444.

Without the road closure, it's only a matter of time before someone is knocked over.
Yeah I’ve seen cars intentionally speeding up towards people crossing the road to get them to move out the way.

wantageskyblue

I was already annoyed by the switch from Saturday because of journey time from Oxfordshire on a Friday. Now because of this change it’s going to take me even longer to get home as I have a parking season ticket in car park C. Not only has the football been disappointing (which I accept ) but the constant switching of games to evenings and the consistent traffic issues has left me questioning whether it’s worth the effort anymore.

MalcSB

I was already annoyed by the switch from Saturday because of journey time from Oxfordshire on a Friday. Now it’s going to take me even longer to get home as I have a parking season ticket in car park C because of this change. Not only has the football been disappointing but the constant switching of games to evenings has left me questioning whether it’s worth the effort anymore.
That’s how I’m beginning to feel. It’s just another straw on this particular camels back.

Next season I might be better getting a Sky sports subscription and save myself a fortune in petrol, parking, season ticket and over priced piss water

CV22SBA

I was already annoyed by the switch from Saturday because of journey time from Oxfordshire on a Friday. Now because of this change it’s going to take me even longer to get home as I have a parking season ticket in car park C. Not only has the football been disappointing (which I accept ) but the constant switching of games to evenings and the consistent traffic issues has left me questioning whether it’s worth the effort anymore.
Stay at home at watch it on the TV then you misserable git.

SkyBlueMatt

That’s how I’m beginning to feel. It’s just another straw on this particular camels back.

Next season I might be better getting a Sky sports subscription and save myself a fortune in petrol, parking, season ticket and over priced piss water

Because of a road closure? :ROFLMAO:

Though we must have the worst choice of beer anywhere in football (apart from the one stall that serves Camden).

SBT

Because of a road closure? :ROFLMAO:

Though we must have the worst choice of beer anywhere in football (apart from the one stall that serves Camden).
The Camden bar is a huge downgrade from Purity (and god help you if you order a stout)

wingy

I bet Cov rugby still does it,must get down there and get back on it, wonder if they're at home on Saturday.

pusbccfc

The whole thing is a shit show. You can't get a train. It's difficult getting a bus. There's no shuttles. It's not even easy to drive. Birmingham is a few mile up the road and the only real way of getting to the stadium as an away fans is by driving.

They closed the road off for the Arctic Monkeys gig in the summer and it was obviously much safer getting people out of the stadium. The issue was people wandering around with no idea how to get into town.

SBT

The whole thing is a shit show. You can't get a train. It's difficult getting a bus. There's no shuttles. It's not even easy to drive. Birmingham is a few mile up the road and the only real way of getting to the stadium as an away fans is by driving.

They closed the road off for the Arctic Monkeys gig in the summer and it was obviously much safer getting people out of the stadium. The issue was people wandering around with no idea how to get into town.
It's crying out for someone with a bit of vision to change the situation, but apparently the lack of demand during the Gordon Brown administration means there would be no point.

shmmeee

Right very specific complaint.

Couldn’t get disabled parking this year, Dad can’t walk long distances. So we’ve had to wait for the Police to open the road so we can get a taxi from the arena or get someone to collect us.

Not a huge issue, except now it’s fucking freezing and there’s no seating outside and stewards tell you to piss off out the stadium as soon as the players are off the pitch.

So what does this mean? An even longer wait for disabled supporters with nowhere comfortable to wait?

Genuinely confused as to what this will mean to people waiting for a lift.

SBAndy

On the above, why the determination to get everyone out as quickly as possible? Why close the bars after half time? I remember Brighton away a few years back we saw the train queues and just stopped in the stadium for another drink after.

chiefdave

Good to see they’re finally looking at a proper dispersal plan. Will no doubt take a while and lots of tweaking to get it right but a step in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread