Road Closure A444 After the Match. (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Absolute bloodbath tomorrow night

Always kicks off with Blues at the CBS anyway, but dark, thousands of people unable to get away due to the road closure, blues and cov fans milling around waiting for taxis / buses due to no trains etc

This is a recipe for absolute carnage tomorrow night

shmmeee

I am talking about people who start crossing after the lights have turned green, therefore after it will have been indicated that they must not start to cross. That is not the same as people still crossing who started before the lights changed.

Your inference is that people can cross light controlled crossings at any time and expect cars to stop for them. Surely that isn't the case.

No it was you “go on green” I was being pedantic about.

MalcSB

Absolute bloodbath tomorrow night

Always kicks off with Blues at the CBS anyway, but dark, thousands of people unable to get away due to the road closure, blues and cov fans milling around waiting for taxis / buses due to no trains etc

This is a recipe for absolute carnage tomorrow night
They should have considered that there might be a difference between football supporters and Spice Girls fans.

Although some on here are both.

MalcSB

No it was you “go on green” I was being pedantic about.
Yes you were being pedantic. Clearly if people have started, and therefore will nearly have completed their crossing, you don't mow them down. There should be enough time between pedestrians being indicated not to cross and the cars receiving a green light for the vats majority too have completed a crossing.

shmmeee

Yeah just looked it up. Because there’s a red man it’s a clear no pedestrians sign so no right to cross

SBAndy

Slightly separate note: why is the gate not opened from the south-side car park (don’t know A or B) directly onto the A444? Surely that solves 75% of the issue?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And I’ve seen pedestrians intentionally walkout in front of moving cars at pelican crossings to get them to stop.

There wouldn’t be any problems if people just followed the rules of the road.

Bring in a lollipop lady, like they do at the school crossing.

Traffic Safety Children GIF by TeaCosyFolk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Me thinks it might be after 10 when it reopenes 8 oclock KO.Without any added time earliest finish would be 9-45 add 7minutes average .That would allow only 8 minutes for every one to get out the ground and over the crossing.It isn't going to happen .Just think those coming from singers corner.

MalcSB

Me thinks it might be after 10 when it reopenes 8 oclock KO.Without any added time earliest finish would be 9-45 add 7minutes average .That would allow only 8 minutes for every one to get out the ground and over the crossing.It isn't going to happen .Just think those coming from singers corner.
11pm is well after 10. If cars are held back to 11pm it will be disgraceful.

as it is, it’s going to be closed 30 to 40 mins before the end of the game.

chiefdave

11pm is well after 10. If cars are held back to 11pm it will be disgraceful.
they do it for other events there and its pretty standard at a lot of other venues. Not sure why it should be a big problem for us to do it

MalcSB

they do it for other events there and its pretty standard at a lot of other venues. Not sure why it should be a big problem for us to do it
It’s a change to expectation when the car park was booked. Will they refund me so I can make alternative arrangments. Will they fuck.

it’s just another delay to add to post 10pm road closures and long diversions on my way home. And all because some arseholes don’t follow the Highway Code, watched by stewards with their fucking hands in their fucking pockets.

it’s rapidly becoming not worth the hassle.

Last edited:

MalcSB

It will be interesting to see if they close the road for Saturday matches, inconveniencing loads of non football traffic, if it’s a genuine safety issue, the road should be closed for Saturday matches. If it isn’t closed just underlines what a load of bollocks this is.

MalcSB

There were arseholes stepping out across the road at pelican crossings when they shouldn’t on Longford Road. Perhaps that ought to be closed after the match as well.

Users who are viewing this thread