Right, so who's joined from GMK then? (1 Viewer)

GaryPendrysEyes

OK I'll give here a try-- because GMK has been offered help and advice-- not even responded to the offers.. and its still totally unreliable.

sky_blue_up_north

I'm getting used to it now, big thank you Nick. Will be the site for Sky Blues fans now:wave:

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
There are ways I can change the layout for certain people so it is like a basic forum :)

As always, any ideas to make it easier to use just PM me :)

Always thought you had a thing for websites Daz. Interesting how I am recognising more and more now from GMK I am almost in double figures.:eek:

BenInTurin

Facebook User
That's the great thing about this site, if you have a problem with it or think something could be done better, you can just pm nick and he'll look into it! (If he's not decorating that is)

Covstu

Yes the several days mentioned by the telegraph seems to have passed a long while ago. This site is a lot better to be fair apart from the numbers. Is that CCFCSTU I see?

Hello there Macca my old mucker!! Well with the telegraph site gone down i needed to vent somewhere especially after all of those awful results!! That guy from Newcastle who posted on the site after their IC website was taken down was right then! I think it has gone for good!

Nick

Administrator
Has it really? I spoke to Smithers and he said it was just for work!

Maybe it wasn't worth it finance wise for the mirror?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

WOW i have only been gone for a few days as i was in Ireland for paddy's day where did all these new members come from?

Welcome to SBT lads! :welcome:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Sober yet? :pimp:

Oh don't talk to me about it, got back saturday bout 1o'clock spent the whole day in bed, slept straight through the cov game (Granted i don't think i missed much).

So glad i've got tomorrow of work aswell now, plus i don't think i've ever seen a months wages get pissed up a wall as quickly as that damn Dublin's expensive! :whistle:

Good to see alot of new faces about time this place got the members it deserves, whats all this anyway Nick about writers?

baggers

:wave: I'm a newbie to the forum business. I did use to browse GMK to keep up-to-date with things, but never fancied joining up as things use to just get ugly and bitter on there. Hopefully this site doesn't end up that way, it looks pretty decent at the moment.

Nick

Administrator
I think everybody has the club and fans at heart and a bit of passion sometimes.

I must admit, it isn't any sort of competition which you and Smiles etc seem to be making it?

At the end of the day we are all city fans who love their club and being city fans we like moaning even when we win.

I won't go down the route of deleting any trace of GMK or banning people for mentioning it, but I also think any sort of rivalry is not on either.

Jimthor

Lots of new people arriving here by the looks of things, welcome! It's a good friendly place here, but can on occasion be a bit quiet, so hopefully it should be even better now!

skyblu3sk

Signed Up quite a while ago but never posted as it seemed quiet. Really enjoy GMK and the people on there but the site is seriously unreliable and big decisions need to be made. I feel a bit sorry for Knowl he took over at a time of uncertainty and site issues that GMK did not suffer from before. I guess the main issue with them moving to the SBT server would be that Nick could pull the plug on them at any time (not saying you would) this has happened a few times in the past (rivals etc). I like your site Nick but no offence its not GMK and it's not the same crowd on here, we have had a bit of a joke before on it and you seem a nice guy I may span the two sites and see how I get on.

Nick

Administrator
Signed Up quite a while ago but never posted as it seemed quiet. Really enjoy GMK and the people on there but the site is seriously unreliable and big decisions need to be made. I feel a bit sorry for Knowl he took over at a time of uncertainty and site issues that GMK did not suffer from before. I guess the main issue with them moving to the SBT server would be that Nick could pull the plug on them at any time (not saying you would) this has happened a few times in the past (rivals etc). I like your site Nick but no offence its not GMK and it's not the same crowd on here, we have had a bit of a joke before on it and you seem a nice guy I may span the two sites and see how I get on.

It wouldn't be moving to the same server. It would be a new server entirely in their name. I would have no access to it. ;)

I was literally going to volunteer to pay for it as I can get it dirt cheap through my contacts.

I am not trying to copy GMK or be GMK. This site was up and running before the new look GMK anyway but nobody knew about it! ha

I just wanted to help out as I know all about that kind of thing, it is my job. Just as if I said I have an issue with my car, what could it be and a mechanic replies and offers to have a look as he lives round the corner if I sort him out a pint!

ccfcway

I like it, and will fully support this site....

My main problem (and its probabily my PC)is that I find it hard to see the thread title over other text on the forum page. Would love it if the thread title was a bit "bolder".

Just a very minor suggestion though

Nick

Administrator
I have sent you a PM. I will get it changed to make it a bit easier.

I don't want any claims for eye problems!

SkyBlueScottie

I must say that I'm a little disappointed with some of the comments I have read on this thread. Whatever you may think of the 'new guard' at gmk, I can assure you that we have all got the best interests of the club and, more importantly; the fans, at heart.

I will admit that Gmkadmin may come over as a bit 'robust' at times. But I can tell you that he is truly a fine and intelligent man, though not perhaps what I would call 'a people person'. We all have a cross to bear.

The combination of technical difficulties and less-than-optimum communication vis-a-vis the forementioned technical difficulties have resulted in a surge of unpleasantness directed towards the new gmk regime. These negative feelings are understandable, but not really constructive. We, the admins and management, are having a meeting tout suite (if you'll pardon my French!) during which we will discuss all the issues that have been brought to our attention. Heads may well need to roll. But we shall rise triumphantly from the ashes! Of this you may be certain!

GMK Uber Alles!

Well as an admin he and in fact all admin need to be people persons, the whole Rumble Foo saga, was handled awfully with faults on both sides and generally ruined GMK for a lot of people, add the technical issues into the pot then you can understand why people are frustrated and not posting, which makes GMK admins comment ref GMK "prevailing in the long run" even more laughable.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I don't think there's any need to "take sides".

I've always enjoyed reading GMK - give or take the odd troll - and hope it gets its act together again soon.

Two good forums sounds better than one!

skyblu3sk

It wouldn't be moving to the same server. It would be a new server entirely in their name. I would have no access to it. ;)

I was literally going to volunteer to pay for it as I can get it dirt cheap through my contacts.

I am not trying to copy GMK or be GMK. This site was up and running before the new look GMK anyway but nobody knew about it! ha

I just wanted to help out as I know all about that kind of thing, it is my job. Just as if I said I have an issue with my car, what could it be and a mechanic replies and offers to have a look as he lives round the corner if I sort him out a pint!

Honestly I get it and I'm not casting anything on your character etc I'm saying with all the let downs they have had I can see why they don't instantly trust someone who they don't really know and I'm sure you can too.

I'm not saying you are trying to copy GMK either but you are in the same realm so there will always be comparisons. I'm sure with a few more people this site would be great.

Nick

Administrator
Honestly I get it and I'm not casting anything on your character etc I'm saying with all the let downs they have had I can see why they don't instantly trust someone who they don't really know and I'm sure you can too.

I'm not saying you are trying to copy GMK either but you are in the same realm so there will always be comparisons. I'm sure with a few more people this site would be great.

I know what you mean but it was just the fact that nobody would listen to anything I was saying about how I could help and then a guy who knows nothing about web development was working to try and fix it? I do see your point though but it was the fact I just got ignored and then GMKAdmin decided to post some random crap.

SBAndy

I'm unimpressed with the fact GMKAdmin has to keep his identity hidden as well, I do have my suspicions to who it is but it's embarrassing that Jon, FTM and Knowl can keep their original names and this egotistical one needs to change his name. If he's not a "people person" he shouldn't be running a site where the only commodity is people. The whinge about SBT advertising on GMK and that GMK "will eventually prevail" is child-like.

skyblu3sk

I know what you mean but it was just the fact that nobody would listen to anything I was saying about how I could help and then a guy who knows nothing about web development was working to try and fix it? I do see your point though but it was the fact I just got ignored and then GMKAdmin decided to post some random crap.

It's cool I would be as annoyed as you are just looking from both sides and the historical aspect. I have been on GMK a fair few years now with quite a lot of posts just sad to see it coming to this. Also would see what GMK admin wrote... but I can't get on ;)

craigus12

didn't realise i had signed up to this site in 09. posted occasionally on GMK but yeah i aint bothered about what forum it is, as long as its a forum about CCFC so I will use either! i do think that the whole saga wasn't handled well by GMK

ccfcway

Mentioned that the font and boldness of the thread title could be bigger and within 30 minutes it has happened,

If you would have done that on GMK, you'd have been banned !

The CableGuy

I've been here for a while (was Fortress_Arena over at GMK). Nice to see a City forum using proven forum software. If cash was the issue for GMK then I'm sure adverts or even PayPal donation buttons would have helped.

I stopped dong the match threads on GMK simply because the site was down more than it was up (a bit like the football team at the moment). I'll probably use both forums to rant-I mean, share my views about the City, but all of my 'match posting updates' are now on Twitter via @CovCityFC_Live since, IMO, Twitter is more ideal for live updates and as one of the major social network apps, has a pretty robust server infrastructure behind it.

Sky Blues Talk does its own Matchday threads anyway, and with that, the CT Live Blog, @CovCityFC_Live and any match threads over at GMK (when up), City fans now have a good choice of online/mobile options to follow the City when they're unable (or dare I say it, unwilling?) to go to the games.

Nick

Administrator
We tend to have a thread that Coventry La La La does with a preview and some fancy stats but most people tend to use the live chat on here on Match Day (ex pats listening in).

The forum software (vBulletin) was quite pricey but well worth the investment as it does everything and more and the support is great if there are any problems. Not to mention the automated Prediction League :)

I can never get a phone signal at the Ricoh :(

GaryPendrysEyes

I have probably been on GMK for 7 years-- but to be honest have no idea what has been going on recently behind the scenes. I would guess someone wants to keep full control of the GMK name (and any benefits that come with it)- and sees 'help and advice' as a threat to that sole ownership. That's a bit sad as it should be primarily about CCFC fans having a forum.
Communication has been really poor, add in some really immature new moderators and its a shadow of what it was (if you could get on it!!).

The CableGuy

We tend to have a thread that Coventry La La La does with a preview and some fancy stats but most people tend to use the live chat on here on Match Day (ex pats listening in).

I can never get a phone signal at the Ricoh :(

Its not an iPhone is it? Maybe you're holding it wrong? ;)

We're bloody blessed this days - I remember when there was no internet and no local radio stations for Cov. If you couldn't goto the games, you either had to listen to BBC Radio 2 (I think it was them who did sports coverage back then), or watch Ceefax for match updates. :)

Users who are viewing this thread