Ricoh (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

All these grounds Leicester,Derby Middlesbroug,Ricoh etc are boring with no character if we build somewhere I hope it has character like the old style grounds

NorthernWisdom

All these grounds Leicester,Derby Middlesbroug,Ricoh etc are boring with no character if we build somewhere I hope it has character like the old style grounds
JS30435257.jpg

Magwitch

Did you ever attend games there ? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Did you ?
Did you go to HR or HR before it was all seater or before the West End Stand was built under the old coveted end or when the old shed stand was replaced by the Sky Blue Stand ? What fucking difference does it make ?

cc84cov

Did you ?
Did you go to HR or HR before it was all seater or before the West End Stand was built under the old coveted end or when the old shed stand was replaced by the Sky Blue Stand ? What fucking difference does it make ?
We all know you don’t attend many mate I know that much 👀🤣

speedie87

For me the main problem problems with Ricoh were

1) our noisier fans sitting in the corner (they thing they are really loud etc) but you literally can’t hear him them at all half the stand down and have no effect on the pitch
2) away fans having such of large allocation behind the goal - i swear half of burgers problems early on was because he was intimidated by away fans

Travs

We messed up bigly with the first few games at the Ricoh in several ways...

Not having the safety certificate in place for the first game and therefore it not being sold out.... didn't we absolutely batter QPR, had we played that match in front of 32000 it would have had massive carry-over.

You could see the writing on the wall in that very first match... the City fans tried to make the Telegraph Stand the new "West End", but the traditional West Terracers were too diluted with families, and the stewards/police made a concerted effort for the first half of the season to get everyone sitting down. The families and newcomers were intimidated by this and the atmosphere was never really able to kick off.

I remember being on the 2nd to back row, right behind the goal, and having people sat on the back row trying to make everybody sit down.

And blocks 14-16 might seem noisy when you're in there, but as somebody said above, you can't hear that down the other end, despite the "great acoustics" the Ricoh reputedly has.

Grendel

It’s main problem is it’s location and lack of parking and facilities

Still it’s better located than a deprived area of Birmingham

Magwitch

Have to agree would rather Ricoh had been built more central and could have been at the time, makes building one way out at WU a concern

Legia Sky Blue

It’s main problem is it’s location and lack of parking and facilities

Still it’s better located than a deprived area of Birmingham

The problems you mention with the Ricoh are also likely to exist at Warwick Uni, with same lack of facilities (even worse in terms of pubs). It's about the same distance from the city as the Ricoh, so people that moan about the Ricoh being too far from the city will be able to continue to do so if that move ever happens.

NortonSkyBlue

Fuck the Ricoh build a ground with character not a soulless bowl
it comes to something that a stadium is soulless yet no blame is attached to the thousands of so called fans who can’t travel to the Ricoh because it is not in the centre, because of principles, because it’s too expensive to turn up on match day, because Wasps own it, because the pitch is churned up...make up your own excuse.
What it comes down to is that the stadium is fine, the stadium is suitable for Olympic usage, international representative games but not for fourth their football, not for Coventry City fans who just can’t be arsed. No criticism intended for those that attended.

clint van damme

it comes to something that a stadium is soulless yet no blame is attached to the thousands of so called fans who can’t travel to the Ricoh because it is not in the centre, because of principles, because it’s too expensive to turn up on match day, because Wasps own it, because the pitch is churned up...make up your own excuse.
What it comes down to is that the stadium is fine, the stadium is suitable for Olympic usage, international representative games but not for fourth their football, not for Coventry City fans who just can’t be arsed. No criticism intended for those that attended.

I go every week at the Ricoh and i don't think it's fine. Again, some people do, and that's a totally valid opinion but so is mine and it's an opinion many others share.

Fergusons_Beard

It was a soulless bowl because we didn’t have much joy at the Ricoh, no other reason, I imagine St Andrews would of been horrible on a Tuesday night if we were near the bottom of the league.

I am under no illusion that people feel better about St Andrews because they saw the best football we have played in years and being top of the league, when people think of Highfield road they think of Keane, hadji, United, Arsenal
But when they think of the Ricoh they think of Russel Slade and orange Ken

Nah I think of the Ricoh drudgery under Coleman-wasted the best side we had in years.

Just think it was at the beginning of SISU’s rule and we should have been challenging with that side.

If we had of been successful I wonder if all the shit would’ve happened.

Yes-I blame Chris Coleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

There was something very special about Highfield Road that was lost when we moved to the Ricoh.

Anyone who went to HR will have their favourite memories of the stadium. For me it was evening matches and the floodlights and the smell of the turf as I made my way into the stadium.

I have never really felt the same affection for the Ricoh that I did for HR. I find the Ricoh cold and impersonal .

I think it's time to move on as I think it's very unlikely we'll play at the Ricoh again.

shmmeee

Bit random, but this reminds me of when I moved out to my own place after divorce. Had hardly any shit, place felt cold and empty and foreign, hung over me like a cloud. Everything with the kids was still raw and uncertain, there was a weird “vibe”.

One night we played charades as a family and had a blast, laughing and joking for the first time since the breakup. After that it started feeling more and more like home. Now we’re looking to move again and we’ll miss this place. Funny how it works.

Magwitch

There was something very special about Highfield Road that was lost when we moved to the Ricoh.

Anyone who went to HR will have their favourite memories of the stadium. For me it was evening matches and the floodlights and the smell of the turf as I made my way into the stadium.

I have never really felt the same affection for the Ricoh that I did for HR. I find the Ricoh cold and impersonal .

I think it's time to move on as I think it's very unlikely we'll play at the Ricoh again.
Wasn’t that it was so much special, it was ours, the fans, from cradle to grave. Ricoh never will be anything more than the place we play at, that’s if we ever get back.

jordan210

Are you talking about the Ricoh...lack of parking? Seriously?

The actual official parking has always been rubbish.

Carpark C used to sell out for big games and sold in advance tickets but would be full so could not use it ! Was a nightmare to leave before they let you turn left.

Car park A and B you cant exit until x amount of time after the game and with then drive around the stadium to leave. So if busy took ages and sometimes then had to wait for away fan coaches to leave

Skyblueweeman

Carpark C used to sell out for big games and sold in advance tickets but would be full so could not use it ! Was a nightmare to leave before they let you turn left.

Car park A and B you cant exit until x amount of time after the game and with then drive around the stadium to leave. So if busy took ages and sometimes then had to wait for away fan coaches to leave

Yeah but that doesn't mean there's lack of parking...just how it's managed I guess. There's literally 1,500 spaces in the 3 car parks, plus another 1,500 at Arena Park. There's literally 1,000s of spaces!

Cranfield Sky Blue

Don’t forget it was built as a green transport venue. Most were “supposed” to use other transport systems or the off site parking. From memory they didn’t last long as the crowds dropped.

jordan210

Yeah but that doesn't mean there's lack of parking...just how it's managed I guess. There's literally 1,500 spaces in the 3 car parks, plus another 1,500 at Arena Park. There's literally 1,000s of spaces!

so many are not used when events are on. Management has always been an issue. No point having 1000’s of spaces if can’t be used or badly managed.
probs best not to build a hotel in one of the car parks.

Users who are viewing this thread