Ricoh (1 Viewer)

higgs

The pitch is looking in good shape but doesn't look like there are any footy goals up yet :-(
716117e567596ebcb24b092866585561.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GaryJones

Still feels weird seeing the CCFC letters spelt out on the seating.

ccfcway

Imagine how pissed off you must be being a wasps fan and sitting in sky blues seats with ccfc all over them.

cant wait for the new stadium

Brighton Sky Blue

They took our ground, chucked us out and insisted we pick up the tab if they lost a legal case. The Council helped them in every possible way since they arrived, and they had an owner willing to subsidise losses of any size. They handed out thousands of free tickets to make their crowds look bigger.

But we did better than them.

Magwitch

Can’t disagree with any of the above but we need positive indications on any future ground no good saying somewhere next to Warwick University, they must know where surely. We need to get ball rolling ASAP.

cc84cov

Can’t disagree with any of the above but we need positive indications on any future ground no good saying somewhere next to Warwick University, they must know where surely. We need to get ball rolling ASAP.
Agree that is of course if it is actually true and not just another tactic of theirs

Kingokings204

I accept I’m the minority on here but I love the Ricoh. It’s a great stadium that should be hosting championship/PL football. Putting my sky blues glasses aside and the history. I personally have good experiences up there and a massive shame what’s happened but it is something that I can’t control.

Magwitch

I suppose being old school I’m biased towards the old HR type of ground. Difficult to see a way forward though at the Ricoh rent or perhaps part ownership don’t think this Wasps will disappear will be a reality but I can’t see how they can maintain a stadium that size on their own.
We need this bloody EU decision asap.

BigadamL

I suppose being old school I’m biased towards the old HR type of ground. Difficult to see a way forward though at the Ricoh rent or perhaps part ownership don’t think this Wasps will disappear will be a reality but I can’t see how they can maintain a stadium that size on their own.
We need this bloody EU decision asap.

I think that’s why the people who have been to St Andrews quite like it, you get the old feeling of Highfield road, close to the pitch, can see out the corner of the ground, walking passed houses and pubs to get to the ground, even with small numbers it felt busy

Sky Blue Harry H

I just want our own ground again. Yes, SISU might still own it and charge us rent . Don't care (within reason) - just want a permanent home, Preferably at Warwick Uni, but The Ricoh is just fine, too, Anywhere (in the area!) as long as it is ours.

Brighton Sky Blue

I accept I’m the minority on here but I love the Ricoh. It’s a great stadium that should be hosting championship/PL football. Putting my sky blues glasses aside and the history. I personally have good experiences up there and a massive shame what’s happened but it is something that I can’t control.

If we were allowed to play there this season with no Covid restrictions we’d get comfortably bigger crowds than the landlords. We could even perhaps have had the crazy idea of opening all parts of the ground. I still think it could be a gold mine for a successful football club.

BigadamL

I just want our own ground again. Yes, SISU might still own it and charge us rent . Don't care (within reason) - just want a permanent home, Preferably at Warwick Uni, but The Ricoh is just fine, too, Anywhere (in the area!) as long as it is ours.
Most grounds are now owned by the owners and not the club now, think it’s just one of those things

better days

All grounds echo and feel a bit lacking in life when they are only half or a third full
Even Anfield or Old Trafford

BigadamL

It was a soulless bowl because we didn’t have much joy at the Ricoh, no other reason, I imagine St Andrews would of been horrible on a Tuesday night if we were near the bottom of the league.

I am under no illusion that people feel better about St Andrews because they saw the best football we have played in years and being top of the league, when people think of Highfield road they think of Keane, hadji, United, Arsenal
But when they think of the Ricoh they think of Russel Slade and orange Ken

ccfcway

It was a soulless bowl because we didn’t have much joy at the Ricoh, no other reason, I imagine St Andrews would of been horrible on a Tuesday night if we were near the bottom of the league.

I am under no illusion that people feel better about St Andrews because they saw the best football we have played in years and being top of the league, when people think of Highfield road they think of Keane, hadji, United, Arsenal

Just personal opinion, but I didn’t feel like that at all. At least 2.5 empty stands, often nearly 3 empty stands. Very little atmosphere and it all had a bit of a pre season feel to it

Frank Sidebottom

Exactly, The Ricoh is heavily associated with our downfall to league 2. With a successful team and regular crowds of 25k+ it would be an incredible venue and it would be long before places like Dhillons had a few similar neighbours.
It's quite incredible that Wasps, SISU and the council can't or won't sort the mess out and run it in a way that will benefit all parties. There is so much land round there that could be used for training complexes and turn the area into a sportcity.

Tommo1993

The club won’t be “forgetting the Ricoh”. It still hopes to be back playing there.

cc84cov

The club won’t be “forgetting the Ricoh”. It still hopes to be back playing there.
Only as Owners and that isn’t happening,I don’t see how SISU will ever be owners of the Ricoh If the stadium talks are true then they know that themselves,it’s crunch time now build the ground like you said or your full of shit walk away and let someone else have a go 🤷🏻‍♂️

cooperskyblue

No building has soul. It's the people in it that give it one.

Completely agree. The atmosphere came from us the fans. The club put up that 2-1 opening day win against Sunderland, 2nd year at the ricoh, absolutely rocking. My early memories of the Ricoh were that it was brilliant i was only 10 when we moved there but it felt brilliant.

Then the last 4 years before we got relegated yes there were games where the atmosphere lacked but we still were getting 15/16k and over 24 for games agaisnt West Ham Leeds, Wolves etc.
The problem we had in thise years, a distinct lack of a winning mentality. Attending games without that passion that I felt when we moved there. And that stemmed form poor manager appointments, poor football.

It isn't about how many we had there as I remember in L1 having 7k on a Tuesday night against Shrewsbury and Reda Johnson thumped in a last minute header! The atmosphere was brilliant with 7k.

Look at St Andrews this year there has been some brilliant atmospheres with a very similar amount.

And I agree about the point of Old Trafford, you can literally hear a pin drop sometimes.

I hate knowing Wasps own it but I'm not going to lie that I enjoyed some good atmospheres there. Enough? No but had we been at the Ricoh this season or last season and we owned it the atmosphere would have been great.

No idea if we will ever go back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread