ricoh grows in value......according to wasps (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

The official line is that because of potential walk up 10000 could be reached for any CCFC or Wasps match.
Not arguing for it just telling people what it is.
That's not true though is it, as you know there's been games when the restrictions haven't been in place.

stupot07

I don't know, was it not restricted for parking? Maybe they had no walk up tickets? They are in control of that I suppose.
There was just under 9k there, in the league we have breached 9k twice - notts county on the opening day and the Accrington ticket offer game. A substantial amount of games have had sub 8k attendances, the working is about a 'likely attendance of over 10k', this season its been very unlikely, therefore they shouldn't be enforcing the restrictions. I doubt very much they would get a fine if an attendance went over the 10k, I imagine they would only get fined if it was a regulalr occurance.

Forecasting on ticket sales should be pretty accurate.

Bottom line is wasps benefit financially from having the restrictions in place, and funnily enough didn't bother for the women's rugby game in which is was free parking despite the attendance being higher than the majority of our home games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Ive already said earlier i don't open for anything under 10000 or any CCFC matches.

....because you know Ccfc games are below the 10,000 requirement.

italiahorse

Ive been
Well it does when you keep tying yourself up in knots, not reading what people say and just generally going back and forth.
Ive been consistent on this.
Ive stated the official line and ive given my opinion based on local residents views.
You would start an argument in an empty room.

Nick

Administrator
Ive been

Ive been consistent on this.
Ive stated the official line and ive given my opinion based on local residents views.
You would start an argument in an empty room.

Strange, there are multiple people disagreeing with everything you keep posting.

The official line is that there is a restriction of events over 10,000, the document has been posted.

There is no consistency, which is why it's easy for people to use your own posts against something else you say.

italiahorse

Strange, there are multiple people disagreeing with everything you keep posting.

The official line is that there is a restriction of events over 10,000, the document has been posted.

There is no consistency, which is why it's easy for people to use your own posts against something else you say.
FFS come out the bedroom and experience life.

Rusty Trombone

Ive already said earlier i don't open for anything under 10000 or any CCFC matches.
You said you didn't open for Cov games due to a lack of demand, you also defend Wasps for thinking there may be a large unpredictable demand, maybe you could help Wasps with your knowledge of the low demand.

italiahorse

You said you didn't open for Cov games due to a lack of demand, you also defend Wasps for thinking there may be a large unpredictable demand, maybe you could help Wasps with your knowledge of the low demand.
Not defending Wasps just putting the official line.
I am defending the residents.

Grendel

The official line is the Green Plan which they are ignoring for financial gain

italiahorse

Wouldn't it be better if they just tried to implement the Green Plan as it is written?
The Green plan is to reduce cars attending.
So in that respect they are.
There is a planning restriction that says for potential attendances over 10.000 they need to restrict on road parking.
They don’t have to for attendances under that but it doesnt say they cant.
Safeguards in that respect need to be justified because they make money from that d cision.
They justify it because potentially it could be 10,000 as CCFC have bought into more than that by opening 2 stands.
I guess they could restrict CCFC to less than 10,000 as a controlling measure a few weeks out but that puts the decision on CCFC.

Nick

Administrator

So what's the point in the whole thing and the 10,000 number that was set if in reality it's just when ACL / Wasps want to?

They can justify it because it's been obvious for most games it won't be anywhere near 10k.

Rusty Trombone

Is there a link to any residents complaints about this issue?

As an aside my parents live in an area around Warwick Uni, they have had parking restrictions put in place which effectively means they can't have visitors during weekday hours as visitor passes are not issued, they are not even allowed to leave there own car out in one place for more than a few hours. Residents are not always the first consideration when it comes to these sorts of things, neither is it about getting people out of their cars, it seems to be about getting people to pay to park.

Edit - as I know people will be concerned, actually they can buy a visitor pass which means they can have a visitor but only between 10 and 11, and from 2 until 3.

Last edited:

italiahorse

Is there a link to any residents complaints about this issue?

As an aside my parents live in an area around Warwick Uni, they have had parking restrictions put in place which effectively means they can't have visitors during weekday hours as visitor passes are not issued, they are not even allowed to leave there own car out in one place for more than a few hours. Residents are not always the first consideration when it comes to these sorts of things, neither is it about getting people out of their cars, it seems to be about getting people to pay to park.
There were many concerns raised at the initial planning response.

chiefdave

The official line is that because of potential walk up 10000 could be reached for any CCFC or Wasps match.
You could apply the same to pretty much any event. Being sensible you'd look at the available data.

Remember the travel plan only says likely so ACL are only being asked to judge which scenario is more probable, a crowd above or below 10K. Given that, with normal ticket arrangements / prices, we haven't had an attendance over 10K since the start of August last year how on earth can any sane person reasonably when since then we haven't even topped 9K.

And even if we did go slightly over 10K is there any actual punishment? Doesn't appear to me there's any punishment when they get it wrong as they've got it wrong for 16 of our home league games this season with seemingly no repercussions other than them making more from their own car parks.

chiefdave

There were many concerns raised at the initial planning response.
And as a response to those the travel plan was put in place which only comes in to effect when there's more than 10K expecting.

Can you show us all the campaigning from local residents for it to be changed to a lower number or is it just something you've made up?

SBAndy

The Green plan is to reduce cars attending.
So in that respect they are.
There is a planning restriction that says for potential attendances over 10.000 they need to restrict on road parking.
Safeguards in that respect need to be justified because they make money from that d cision.
They justify it because potentially it could be 10,000 as CCFC have bought into more than that by opening 2 stands.
I guess they could restrict CCFC to less than 10,000 as a controlling measure a few weeks out but that puts the decision on CCFC.

The Green Plan was indeed introduced as an encouragement to use public transport as a cheaper and easier option than driving. However, the public transport options have never been there consistently. There used to be many more buses running on matchdays to satisfy this perceived demand, but over the years they've been cut back to quite frankly ridiculous levels, so much so that to me it seems like they've lost sight of the initial reason it was implemented. It takes my dad over an hour now to get back home, whereas in the car it would take 15 minutes. The train situation has also been an embarrassment.

The council I expect have the 'final say' on whether parking restrictions are implemented, and they have agreed a threshold of 10k in an official capacity. However, they are consulting someone who stands to gain financially on whether the threshold will be met and this third party has been wrong roughly 85-90% of the time this season. Quite frankly it's disgraceful incompetence. Wasps couldn't give a flying fuck about whether residents in Holbrooks can have space for visitors, and the fact you continue to peddle this garbage makes you complicit in the lie.

In short, stop talking bollocks.

Captain Dart

The Green Plan was indeed introduced as an encouragement to use public transport as a cheaper and easier option than driving. However, the public transport options have never been there consistently. There used to be many more buses running on matchdays to satisfy this perceived demand, but over the years they've been cut back to quite frankly ridiculous levels, so much so that to me it seems like they've lost sight of the initial reason it was implemented. It takes my dad over an hour now to get back home, whereas in the car it would take 15 minutes. The train situation has also been an embarrassment.

The council I expect have the 'final say' on whether parking restrictions are implemented, and they have agreed a threshold of 10k in an official capacity. However, they are consulting someone who stands to gain financially on whether the threshold will be met and this third party has been wrong roughly 85-90% of the time this season. Quite frankly it's disgraceful incompetence. Wasps couldn't give a flying fuck about whether residents in Holbrooks can have space for visitors, and the fact you continue to peddle this garbage makes you complicit in the lie.

In short, stop talking bollocks.

It was sold as an encouragement to use public transport, but that is nonsense not many people use public transport these days, especially coming from all over.
It is as wingy says as much a gift to the venue operator to ensure their car parks fill up as a means of keeping cars from clogging up local streets on matchdays.

fernandopartridge

It was sold as an encouragement to use public transport, but that is nonsense not many people use public transport these days, especially coming from all over.
It is as wingy says as much a gift to the venue operator to ensure their car parks fill up as a means of keeping cars from clogging up local streets on matchdays.
The laughable part of the green plan is that only for the first season or two was any direct pubic transport provision in place. Therefore, the green plan was really just another revenue generator for the council, like the city centre and bus gate issues they've just been caught out with.

wingy

The laughable part of the green plan is that only for the first season or two was any direct pubic transport provision in place. Therefore, the green plan was really just another revenue generator for the council, like the city centre and bus gate issues they've just been caught out with.
Was that planned for or just in response to demand fp?

Users who are viewing this thread