ricoh grows in value......according to wasps (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

So why put a figure on it in the first place?

Assumed by who? Can they count?

Maybe it should be assumed that every event should have them, to save the headache?

Maybe, but if I was a resident I would certainly want at least the regular events controlled.
Too many restrictions can give residents problems as well for visitors and tradesmen.

Nick

Administrator
Make up your mind, it's another case where you tie yourself up when things get switched.

Nick

Administrator
I'm firm on this. Regular events only. Your arguing with yourself.

You aren't, because you keep switching back and forth going on about residents.

If a CCFC event is below 10,000 then by the rules set originally there should be no restrictions.

A one off event at 9,000 could potentially do more disruption anyway than a bi-weekly 5,000 event.

italiahorse

You aren't, because you keep switching back and forth going on about residents.

If a CCFC event is below 10,000 then by the rules set originally there should be no restrictions.

A one off event at 9,000 could potentially do more disruption anyway than a bi-weekly 5,000 event.

That why I'm saying leave it to all Wasps and CCFC events and the known 10K + events.
The odd miscalculation on the one off events is not a major problem for residents but every CCFC event this season would be.

Nick

Administrator
That why I'm saying leave it to all Wasps and CCFC events and the known 10K + events.
The odd miscalculation on the one off events is not a major problem for residents but every CCFC event this season would be.

So again, what's the point of setting a 10k limit in the first place if it is going to be a "major problem". Why not set it to 4,000?

Just saying "they didnt think it would ever happen" isn't an answer either.

italiahorse

So again, what's the point of setting a 10k limit in the first place if it is going to be a "major problem". Why not set it to 4,000?

Just saying "they didnt think it would ever happen" isn't an answer either.
Its not the size its the regularity that's the problem.
Let's just leave it at 10000ish ;)

Nick

Administrator
Its not the size its the regularity that's the problem.
Let's just leave it at 10000ish ;)

So why did they set it based on size?

It could be 20,000 or 30,000, doesn't really matter if the number doesn't actually mean a thing does it and it's just down to when people decide they want it to be enforced or not.

italiahorse

So why did they set it based on size?

It could be 20,000 or 30,000, doesn't really matter if the number doesn't actually mean a thing does it and it's just down to when people decide they want it to be enforced or not.
They had to pitch in somewhere and I would guess that 10K seemed a safe bet at the time.
May even be that the 10K could be accommodated on site and public transport was the criteria.
If so may need to lower it when car park C is built on.

Nick

Administrator
They had to pitch in somewhere and I would guess that 10K seemed a safe bet at the time.
May even be that the 10K could be accommodated on site and public transport was the criteria.
If so may need to lower it when car park C is built on.

Why would they need to lower it if the number doesn't actually matter?

Did it get raised when the train station wasn't sorted as planned?

Pretty sure bookies can't just plan on "safe bets" and then just change the bet if it comes in can they? Seems to be getting quite common. Happened when the councillors broke rules, instead of them being in the wrong they just changed the rules.

Grendel

I would say that regular disruption is the problem for residents. CCFC and Wasps are the regular events regardless of crowd size.
Most people can expect the occasional street blockage but would hate it if it was a regular. weekly event.

It’s 23 days out of 365

chiefdave

The point you are missing (and loosing) is that local residents don't want the streets blocked every weekend and in some cases unable to park their own cars.
Selfishly you think this is okay.
FFS this is incredibly simple. The travel plan clearly states the parking restrictions are only to be put in place when a crowd of 10K plus is expected. That's it, no mention of CCFC games or regular events being exempt. If its for regular events I assume they are also in place when Wasps netball takes place?

Its nothing to do with how regular events are or difficulty in predicting attendances. If the residents or anyone else thinks the threshold is incorrect then they should look into getting it changed. You can't just let the people who stand to profit from on street parking being restricted make the decision if the rules are enforced or not for any particular event.

Think it through. For crowds less than 10K there's enough spaces at the Ricoh for pretty much everyone who drives up there. But if Wasps didn't put the parking restrictions in place for our games, with full knowledge that the crowd won't be 10K, how would they get away with charging our fans £10 to park?

Rusty Trombone

For the record I do not open for crowds under 10,000.
10,000 was set when all regular crowds for CCFC were considered to always be above that.
We are now at a position where it could be argued that CCFC crowds are always below 10,000 although this is not 100% when sign orders go out because of the walk up.
Hopefully once out this league the argument goes away.
What are the rules for turning some land into a car park, do you need planning permission?

italiahorse

What are the rules for turning some land into a car park, do you need planning permission?
For 28 days a year you can do what you want without planning permission. (within reason).
Similar to these seaside campsites that open up for 28 days during August.

italiahorse

FFS this is incredibly simple. The travel plan clearly states the parking restrictions are only to be put in place when a crowd of 10K plus is expected. That's it, no mention of CCFC games or regular events being exempt. If its for regular events I assume they are also in place when Wasps netball takes place?

Its nothing to do with how regular events are or difficulty in predicting attendances. If the residents or anyone else thinks the threshold is incorrect then they should look into getting it changed. You can't just let the people who stand to profit from on street parking being restricted make the decision if the rules are enforced or not for any particular event.

Think it through. For crowds less than 10K there's enough spaces at the Ricoh for pretty much everyone who drives up there. But if Wasps didn't put the parking restrictions in place for our games, with full knowledge that the crowd won't be 10K, how would they get away with charging our fans £10 to park?

So how say, 3 weeks out do you predict the crowd at a CCFC match taking into account an unknown walk up ?

It's not about parking it's about forcing people onto public transport. As mentioned in the travel plan and supposedly the car park charges should reflect public transport costs plus 25%. Obviously things have changed while we bounce along the bottom.

As you say it's open to abuse particularly if you fully apply all the rules. Dare I mention that any car coming to the Ricoh for these events should have at least 3 people in it or they can turn them away?

Grendel

For 28 days a year you can do what you want without planning permission. (within reason).
Similar to these seaside campsites that open up for 28 days during August.

So that’s why you don’t open for Ccfc then...

Nick

Administrator
So how say, 3 weeks out do you predict the crowd at a CCFC match taking into account an unknown walk up ?

It's not about parking it's about forcing people onto public transport. As mentioned in the travel plan and supposedly the car park charges should reflect public transport costs plus 25%. Obviously things have changed while we bounce along the bottom.

As you say it's open to abuse particularly if you fully apply all the rules. Dare I mention that any car coming to the Ricoh for these events should have at least 3 people in it or they can turn them away?

What public transport? It hasn't been finished.

You keep saying things have changed and diverting it, whereas it seems the issue was with the fact they put a figure of 10,000 as the decider which we are now under.

It has everything to do with car parking because most people who drive need to then pay to park their car.

It's open to abuse because people who will profit from there being a restriction get to decide if there is a restriction in place.

Grendel

No it’s about wasps wanted to make money out of fans parking in their car parks.

It’s about people who have approved parking contracts outside of the ground spreading their propaganda on this forum.

italiahorse

What public transport? It hasn't been finished.

You keep saying things have changed and diverting it, whereas it seems the issue was with the fact they put a figure of 10,000 as the decider which we are now under.

It has everything to do with car parking because most people who drive need to then pay to park their car.

It's open to abuse because people who will profit from there being a restriction get to decide if there is a restriction in place.

Agree.

Rusty Trombone

So if there was a big Cup replay there wouldn't be any restrictions as they wouldn't have 3 weeks to print the signs?

italiahorse

No it’s about wasps wanted to make money out of fans parking in their car parks.

It’s about people who have approved parking contracts outside of the ground spreading their propaganda on this forum.

Possibly. But it's also about applying the rules of the Green Travel Plan which aims to penalise people for using there own cars instead of public transport.
As I said I don't open for minor events so I have nothing to gain other than informing the ill informed. ;)

Grendel

Possibly. But it's also about applying the rules of the Green Travel Plan which aims to penalise people for using there own cars instead of public transport.
As I said I don't open for minor events so I have nothing to gain other than informing the ill informed. ;)

You I assume don’t open because of the planning restrictions you have just highlighted.

Rusty Trombone

Maybe. Sometimes the signs have not been changed. If they don't you can park in the road.
I have a sneaky suspicion that they would find the time to get the signs changed, there's too much parking money at stake, however that would also mean you've made the 3 weeks timescale up, so it's a tricky one to decide.:emoji_money_mouth:

italiahorse

I have a sneaky suspicion that they would find the time to get the signs changed, there's too much parking money at stake, however that would also mean you've made the 3 weeks timescale up, so it's a tricky one to decide.:emoji_money_mouth:

The 3 weeks is a estimate taking into account the signs normally detail the next 2 matches. I can only comment on one game when the signs never changed as like most people I never really look and assume they have. In that respect a lot people will still pay for parking.

Rusty Trombone

The 3 weeks is a estimate taking into account the signs normally detail the next 2 matches. I can only comment on one game when the signs never changed as like most people I never really look and assume they have. In that respect a lot people will still pay for parking.
Ok, so based on this response we can now take it that it doesn't actually take very long to sort the signs, and that the streets wouldn't suddenly be clogged up as a lot of people would still pay for parking. I think you've finally agreed with the rest of us.

fernandopartridge

Next time I'm at the Ricoh and the gate is sub 10k, I'll park on a street somewhere. If I get a ticket I'll challenge it.
I doubt very much that Wasps do tell the council whether or not its in operation, surely it brings cost to the council? Who pays for the parking insurers inspectors? It just doesn't sound feasible

italiahorse

Ok, so based on this response we can now take it that it doesn't actually take very long to sort the signs, and that the streets wouldn't suddenly be clogged up as a lot of people would still pay for parking. I think you've finally agreed with the rest of us.
Don't know how you get that?
The question is at what point can you decide that the attendance will be below 10,000 taking into account the unknown walk up ? At that point can all the signs be changed.
Much easier to change the signs assuming a 10,000 crowd. Obviously the poacher is also the game keeper here.

Also if you read the planning portal right up you could read it that football is always restricted and the 10,000 is for other events.
Green travel plan for Ricoh Arena | Planning obligation (section 106 agreements) | Coventry City Council

Rusty Trombone

Don't know how you get that?
The question is at what point can you decide that the attendance will be below 10,000 taking into account the unknown walk up ? At that point can all the signs be changed.
Much easier to change the signs assuming a 10,000 crowd. Obviously the poacher is also the game keeper here.

Also if you read the planning portal right up you could read it that football is always restricted and the 10,000 is for other events.
Green travel plan for Ricoh Arena | Planning obligation (section 106 agreements) | Coventry City Council
I got it from what you said, but it was 30 minutes ago so you've probably changed your mind now.

The Council and Wasps don't read the plan that way, Wasps have said they estimate the crowd, they wouldn't need to if it was all football matches.

italiahorse

I got it from what you said, but it was 30 minutes ago so you've probably changed your mind now.

The Council and Wasps don't read the plan that way, Wasps have said they estimate the crowd, they wouldn't need to if it was all football matches.
We had 28,000 a couple of weeks ago

Users who are viewing this thread