Ricoh Breakthrough? (1 Viewer)

higgs

Possession is 9/10 of the law if we are back in the Ricoh and wasps bust surely we are in the driving seat then maybe that's the ulterior motive

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

I dont like the ricoh, but we need to be in cov playing infront of 15-25000 fans in the championship

It's the only thing missing from what's generally a good time in the clubs recent history
From a purely financial perspective if we're renting a stadium with a view to building our own then you'd go for the one that maximised income. Hard to imagine any short to mid term deal at the Ricoh that doesn't see us benefit over playing at St Andrews.

Evo1883

From a purely financial perspective if we're renting a stadium with a view to building our own then you'd go for the one that maximised income. Hard to imagine any short to mid term deal at the Ricoh that doesn't see us benefit over playing at St Andrews.

It would have to be a ridiculous rent agreement to see us better off in Brum surely? Club need to take a reasonable deal and get on with their plans whatever they are

KenilworthSkyBlue

Possession is 9/10 of the law if we are back in the Ricoh and wasps bust surely we are in the driving seat then maybe that's the ulterior motive

Correct me if I'm wrong but in that case wouldn't the leasehold just revert back to the Council?

Wasps going bust would certainly help our cause significantly but personally I don't believe it would put us in the driving seat by any stretch. Entering negotiations with the Council seems like more of a lost cause than it does with Wasps.

chiefdave

It would have to be a ridiculous rent agreement to see us better off in Brum surely? Club need to take a reasonable deal and get on with their plans whatever they are
Boddy said they were working on 10K in the Championship at St Andrews. As an absolute minimum you could add 5K to that at the Ricoh. What's the average ticket price, at least a tenner. That's a million quid in additional revenue before you even think about the impact on sponsorship.

SBT

Clearly the guy has Boddy's ear, and if we're not only back in talks but "increasingly hopeful" of a deal, then that is the most encouraging news in ages. Not the most progress in the world, but I'll take it!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

From 2007 to 2013 they" were "in the driving seat"did not do anything then why do you think it will be any different this time?

Londonccfcfan

Yep very strange, especially as there is no mention on the Cov telegraph site and would have thought they'd be all over this.
Fingers crossed there is something in it though

Yeah you think they would be considering I think mirror group own them. But positive.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s a stunning podcast. I know Grendel has some really clear questions that need asking and pushing around finances and new stadium and getting a future sorted but that is a very open interview full of humanity and engagement

Grendel

It’s a stunning podcast. I know Grendel has some really clear questions that need asking and pushing around finances and new stadium and getting a future sorted but that is a very open interview full of humanity and engagement

Perhaps you’d like to ask Worcester fans about his humanity and engagement

Grendel

No I wouldn’t actually. I would like to ask him about our club.

Boddy worships at the Sisu temple. Please don’t be fooled by his cuddly “we are on it together” routine

He and Wagott are cut from the same cloth

Flying Fokker

Boddy said they were working on 10K in the Championship at St Andrews. As an absolute minimum you could add 5K to that at the Ricoh. What's the average ticket price, at least a tenner. That's a million quid in additional revenue before you even think about the impact on sponsorship.
here’s me thinking we have a pandemic.

Magwitch

Boddy worships at the Sisu temple. Please don’t be fooled by his cuddly “we are on it together” routine

He and Wagott are cut from the same cloth
Absolutely bang on. Definitely another Waggott type a real slime ball, Boddy cleverly says what he knows fans like to hear.

Grendel

I don’t believe you’d say that if you engaged in conversation with him

That’s him doing his job. People on here have even said Sepoella has a “soft spot” for the club. If Sisu go Boddy goes do he’s strapped to the Sisu dollar

Greggs

I fucking hope so. Add to that the Cherry tree being opened, cracking pint, old bird behind the bar does it for me too..........

AOM

Skybluemichael

I agree with what she says, but not sure what she wants the government to do about moving us back to Coventry though?

As far as we know, EFL seem happy for now to accept the plans for the proposed new ground at the uni, so any decisions about coming back to at least the Ricoh I'd assume would be with solely Sisu and Wasps
Well if wasps want government loans they could ask them to maximise their own income first, eg getting rent from cov, before they get any grants or loans

Users who are viewing this thread