Ricoh Breakthrough? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 2477

Wouldnt believe the date on that rag. Seems like click bait journalism

chiefdave

Isn't the Mirror part of the same group as the CT? Although if they'd been fed something for publication you'd have thought it would have hit the Telegraph first.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Isn't the Mirror part of the same group as the CT? Although if they'd been fed something for publication you'd have thought it would have hit the Telegraph first.

Not really how it works. I think what's probably happened is someone has given a journalist an 'exclusive'.

Just because Reach PLC owns numerous media outlets doesn't mean they share all the same stories.

Also, the fact that the story has been published by the Mirror rather than in the CT also makes me think it's very likely that this is a placed story - probably by someone connected to the club - and I feel the content of the article reflects that.

AOM

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. Not sure where it has come from. Clearly been fed a line from somewhere though

Yep very strange, especially as there is no mention on the Cov telegraph site and would have thought they'd be all over this.
Fingers crossed there is something in it though

SkyBlueDom26

Start of the 2021/2022 season by the looks of it, makes sense as fans should be back then at a full capacity

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s from James Nursey who broke it we would be playing at St.Andrews again:

Also did this interview with Boddy

I would agree that it seems the club is feeding him information

Liquid Gold

I don't get what would be init for the club to drip this info out if it isn't happening. Only ends up with pissed off fans if it doesn't happen.

Grendel

chiefdave

Is the podcast on here. Need to listen before Thursday
Here you go. Don't remember him mentioning anything major about Wasps. It wasn't really an in depth grilling, as Gilbert said at one point it was supposed to be light. From memory, and I had it on in the background at work so might have missed something, just said about Warwick and that Sepalla was personally overseeing it. Was some interesting stuff about the day to day and transfers.

chiefdave

Don’t want to go back.

Build a better stadium.

Move on.
Even if you assume they are serious about the new stadium, have the land and have the funding you could still easily be looking at 5 - 10 years before a game was played there.

In any scenario, as its the only suitable stadium, we need to be at the Ricoh at some point in the not too distant future. 5 years plus at the St Andrews will be a nightmare, both for us as supporters and financially.

Users who are viewing this thread