Richard Keys on twitter this am (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

at least he is tryting to keep us fans in the picture which we are lacking from a club perspective, although i am just hopeful there is some truth to it!

What happened to the hysteria about SISU doing "business through the media" in the summer when it was revealed that the backers of the previous bid weren't eligible(and proved to be extremely shy and not exactly committed at the time) to own the club?

Going to get dizzy some of you lot on here.

ICHAN

I am not banging on as you put it I am just putting my opinion over as are you Rich.

As I said in an earlier thread with KG what happens if he suddenly stops texting?
Will we get the sisu to blame line?
What happens when he is getting tweets or whatever all day every day , what happens when he stops because he is told to do so the doom and gloom merchants will be out, aimed at no individual but I am sure you know that these type of people are out there.

What would people be saying if Onyi came out and started doing the same as sisu have done and nothing materialized they are called liers which we know they are, leonard done the same by tweeting and look what happened there, it is not always a good thing.
Ok fair enough say things but all we have had is 10 days this, no news yet, bear with us, nothing positive has been said.
Like you say media spot light great exposure but what has he actually said to give you or others hope that their is infact a takeover on the cards.

Last edited:

@richh87

I am not banging on as you put it I am just putting my opinion over as are you Rich.

As I said in an earlier thread with KG what happens if he suddenly stops texting?
Will we get the sisu to blame line?
What happens when he is getting tweets or whatever all day every day , what happens when he stops because he is told to do so the doom and gloom merchants will be out, aimed at individual but I am sure you know that these type of people are out there.

What would people be saying if Onyi came out and started doing the same as sisu have done and nothing materialized they are called liers which we know they are, leonard done the same by tweeting and look what happened there, it is not always a good thing.
Ok fair enough say things but all we have had is 10 days this, no news yet, bear with us, nothing positive has been said.
Like you say media spot light great exposure but what has he actually said to give you or others hope that their is infact a takeover on the cards.

Surely you're taking the piss?!

Keys today: "Re ccfc. There are things happening. But deals like this take time. Sit tight - fingers crossed. More as and when I get it."

It's Hoffman setting up this bid, and if any of you on here try to discredit him then you really have no clue about the stature of the man in the business world. Keys is merely doing the PR for him in this case.

To anyone whining about Keys or Hoffman - and to an extent Ranson (as they all seem to be in this together judging by them all sharing Hoffman's box on Monday) you clearly don't want this takeover to succeed as much as some people do.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate - just get behind it. SISU will kill our club and this is our way out. It needs our full support.

I think were all behind it, including getting the media behind it using whatever means. The point was only around Keys pointless tweets saying hang tough etc something is happening, its not like he is tweeting "Join the Save our city campaign" is he....come on rich see both sides.

@richh87

I think were all behind it, including getting the media behind it using whatever means. The point was only around Keys pointless tweets saying hang tough etc something is happening, its not like he is tweeting "Join the Save our city campaign" is he....come on rich see both sides.

I'm glad he's saying these things. I feel so down about my football club I was so happy when he posted his initial tweet saying "10 days" etc and if there'd been no update on that i'd have thought "what the f***?!"

This 'other side' has come out with things such as "Richard Keys is making this club a laughing stock" - it's all pointless bitterness towards a guy trying to save us.

Seriously - what is the point of this sniping?!

ICHAN

I am fully behind wanting to get sisu out and want them out like everyone else.
I have even come up/discussed with wingy and co on here about ideas to try and give you all as much ammo in place to make sure that the protest/pamphlet distribution can go ahead without the orange brigade etc trying to stop them and yourself from doing so.

I may not agree with the way some things are being done, but it is being done and there is nothing I can do about that, I have my views on that, which I would change if everyone agreed with me, just as you and everyone else has views on topics Rich.

I may not also agree with Hoffman taking over but at least we will have sisu out, nothing against Hoffman by the way although is he still only the front man I am not sure anymore on that one? so is he isn't he actually taking over in a kind of roundabout way.

Surely you're taking the piss?!

Keys today: "Re ccfc. There are things happening. But deals like this take time. Sit tight - fingers crossed. More as and when I get it."

It's Hoffman setting up this bid, and if any of you on here try to discredit him then you really have no clue about the stature of the man in the business world. Keys is merely doing the PR for him in this case.

To anyone whining about Keys or Hoffman - and to an extent Ranson (as they all seem to be in this together judging by them all sharing Hoffman's box on Monday) you clearly don't want this takeover to succeed as much as some people do.

No-one is discrediting the Hoffman bid because none of us know anything about the bid - that is the point. We just find the Key's tweeting irritating - and there are a number of posters who share this view. We have been lead up the garden path too many times beforehand.

You talk of stature as if this is the decisive blow in the pro-Hoffman arguement - well Ken Delieu, Onye Igwe, SISU, Brody etc all had/have stature in business (google it) - regardless of their track record at Coventry. I am not the slightest bit interested in Hoffman's "stature". Hoffman is a front man. Keys is a mouth piece. I will judge the bid by the actual investor(s) and his/her/their track record in football/business, the detail of the investment, the business plan and blueprint for the future.

You are quick to condemn any poster who does not embrace the Hoffman bid with a blind faith and confidence. You accept you know nothing of the Hoffman bid yet you want the bid to succeed - so you want SISU out at any cost, irrespective of the substance/detail of the Hoffman bid.

Sorry but I am not so willing to make such a blind leap of faith based upon Hoffman's "stature" and the tweetings of Keys.

As I have stated several times now, I remain undecided about Hoffman. Criticising and "moaning" about posters such as myself does little more than alienate us. How about me posting and telling you that you are not allowed an opinion of your own and if your opinion does not agree with mine then you are not a Coventry fan - would such an approach cause you to change your mind?

Last edited:

ICHAN

I'm glad he's saying these things. I feel so down about my football club I was so happy when he posted his initial tweet saying "10 days" etc and if there'd been no update on that i'd have thought "what the f***?!"

This 'other side' has come out with things such as "Richard Keys is making this club a laughing stock" - it's all pointless bitterness towards a guy trying to save us.

Don't know who said he is making our club a laughing stock.

We are all passionate about the club Rich mate, and that is what I am trying to put over Rich, what happens if he suddenly stops tweeting or whatever what then, what would your reaction be for example?

Mine would be the lying ****** just like sisu, let down again, the thing is Rich how many times have Cov fans been let down, constantly lead down the garden path like lambs to the slaughter.

shmmeee

No-one is discrediting the Hoffman bid because none of us know anything about the bid - that is the point. We just find the Key's tweeting irritating - and there are a number of posters who share this view. We have been lead up the garden path too many times beforehand.

You talk of stature as if this is the decisive blow in the pro-Hoffman arguement - well Ken Delieu, Onye Igwe, SISU, Brody etc all had/have stature in business (google it) - regardless of their track record at Coventry. I am not the slightest bit interested in Hoffman's "stature". Hoffman is a front man. Keys is a mouth piece. I will judge the bid by the actual investor(s) and his/her/their track record in football/business, the detail of the investment, the business plan and blueprint for the future.

You are quick to condemn any poster who does not embrace the Hoffman bid with a blind faith and confidence. You accept you know nothing of the Hoffman bid yet you want the bid to succeed - so you want SISU out at any cost, irrespective of the substance/detail of the Hoffman bid.

Sorry but I am not so willing to make such a blind leap of faith based upon Hoffman's "stature" and the tweetings of Keys.

As I have stated several times now, I remain undecided about Hoffman. Criticising and "moaning" about posters such as myself does little more than alienate us. How about me posting and telling you that you are not allowed an opinion of your own and if your opinion does not agree with mine then you are not a Coventry fan - would such an approach cause you to change your mind?

To be honest I'd rather we judged any new owners by their actions rather than what a few people can dig up on google and half interpret as we've had here for so long.

The most important thing for me about a takeover is it should hit the reset button in terms of fan support an give the club a platform to build the fan base that SISU don't have. So for that reason I'll back whoever comes in unless there is evidence of malpractice in their past. Simply because whoever it is needs the fans support to move this club forward.

Too many people in this city do te easy job of sitting and sniping at everything and it has a negative effect. Let's get behind any new owners and put this club where everyone wants it to be. Let's be honest if we get to the Prem neither of us will be trawling through companies house to look at the directors.

Sorry should be clear wasn't aiming these comments at you just using your post as a jumping point.

Grendel

I think sniping in your dictionary means they do not agree with your opinion. I guess to answer your own question you have to honestly say how did you feel with the SISU take over at the time? Most fans were ecstatic. One of the few times that I ever bothered to contact CWR was to suggest that we need to avoid Ranson and SISU like the plague and I was largely lambasted for the view. I was working in the Southampton area at the time. Believe me they were dancing in the streets that they managed to avoid Ransom and his dodgy financers.
So sorry but just because someone else looks interested I am not too excited as I know no facts (actually I do not know who is interested). I do know a few things though;
1. SISU are a hedge fund. The sole interest of such an institution is to "make a fast buck" it has no interest in the product it has purchased only the return that can be made.
2. Ranson's only hope of getting into a football club was with his backers the said hedge fund.
3. If we did not get promotion in 2 years the hedge fund would start to cut costs and look to sell assets
4 Ranson is either a fool or knew the score
5 Ranson is no fool.
6 Ranson and Elliot both forced small shareholders to surrender their shares to SISU so ridding the club forever of its local identity
7 Most professional businesses serious of a takeover of an institution that has 100% stake (making hostile takeovers an impossibility) talks privately to that institution, conducts due dillegence etc. before making public statements
8 Nationally Keys is known more for matters that do make him a laughing stock rather than being a Coventry Fan. Does this make him a credible figure to lead the publicity campaign? You decide.
So I know of know details of a takeover, no facts no fugures, I do know key instigators of the last takeover are involved and I am supposed to blindlt support this.
Remember some got excited when Jo Dinsah turned up, needless to say I didn't.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There are four different people that I actually want to hear from and Keys is not one of them

1) GH because he is the man actually brokering any potential deal - dont need if, buts and half truths from those around him who most likely know very little
2) Joy Seppala because my guess is GH is dealing direct with her - what I need to hear from her is that a deal has been done to sell or in some way work together to save our club
3) Tim Fisher because as the head guy on the CCFC board he should know the current financial situation - need him to tell us the real figures. I also need him to explain how the debt from SISU was £24m in May 2010 and now 18 months later has jumped to more than £35m despite big cost savings
4) Any new investor or owner - I need to know who they are, how they will invest in our club, how they will be different not only to SISU but also all those who mismanaged the club into the mess in the first place. For the record if they do not come up with a plan that is not different to those of the last 15+ years then they are not going to get my full support - more of the same will lead to more of the same results on and off the pitch and simply is not good enough.

Do I need to hear from Keys? no because in actual fact he has said almost nothing meaningful. I appreciate that in some way he is raising our profile but keep bleating on without facts eventually weakens that profile. It may well also be GH finds his tweets more of a hinderance because it raises the pressure on him at a time he needs focus on brokering the deal rather than media leaks.

I appreciate that for some it raises their hopes, not a bad thing, but keep an open mind....... making attempts at putting a bid together is not actually a bid ....... and a bid is not necessarily a deal ....and an accepted deal is not necessarily going to be better for the club in the long run. It may all be good and successful but it isnt guaranteed. One thing very likely is that Keys wont actually be involved in the bid but will claim and influence in it - CCFC fan yes but you have to have known the man to understand there is more to it than being a fan

recently there has been far too much on here of "you back the GH bid or you are not a true fan" far too much " If you are not totally anti SISU you are not entitled to an opinion" far too much "if he is supporting GH he must be a hero". In reality we know very little that is accurate and current and all we have is opinion that may or may not be right. Stating an opinion does not make it fact or right..... it is just an opinion valid but no more so than any other - there is no need to resort to character assassination or abuse, to do so only weakens your own viewpoint

Just my opinion all :D

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
yes thanks ICHAN very relaxing :) hope you had a good one too

@richh87

There are some very good points there OSB and I think many of us (myself included) have been too polarized in our views here.

There only thing I'd disagree on is that Keys' input is weakening our profile. A few weeks ago it seemed nobody cared about our plight except us fans and that situations nowhere near as bad, like Blackburn, were gaining national attention in the press. Now that Keys is doing his bit on the radio etc people are being made aware and SISU are quite rightly being shamed publicly.

Whether you or anyone else 'want to hear from him' is, in my opinion, irrelevant.

RogerH

There are four different people that I actually want to hear from and Keys is not one of them

1) GH because he is the man actually brokering any potential deal - dont need if, buts and half truths from those around him who most likely know very little
2) Joy Seppala because my guess is GH is dealing direct with her - what I need to hear from her is that a deal has been done to sell or in some way work together to save our club
3) Tim Fisher because as the head guy on the CCFC board he should know the current financial situation - need him to tell us the real figures. I also need him to explain how the debt from SISU was £24m in May 2010 and now 18 months later has jumped to more than £35m despite big cost savings
4) Any new investor or owner - I need to know who they are, how they will invest in our club, how they will be different not only to SISU but also all those who mismanaged the club into the mess in the first place. For the record if they do not come up with a plan that is not different to those of the last 15+ years then they are not going to get my full support - more of the same will lead to more of the same results on and off the pitch and simply is not good enough.

Do I need to hear from Keys? no because in actual fact he has said almost nothing meaningful. I appreciate that in some way he is raising our profile but keep bleating on without facts eventually weakens that profile. It may well also be GH finds his tweets more of a hinderance because it raises the pressure on him at a time he needs focus on brokering the deal rather than media leaks.

I appreciate that for some it raises their hopes, not a bad thing, but keep an open mind....... making attempts at putting a bid together is not actually a bid ....... and a bid is not necessarily a deal ....and an accepted deal is not necessarily going to be better for the club in the long run. It may all be good and successful but it isnt guaranteed. One thing very likely is that Keys wont actually be involved in the bid but will claim and influence in it - CCFC fan yes but you have to have known the man to understand there is more to it than being a fan

recently there has been far too much on here of "you back the GH bid or you are not a true fan" far too much " If you are not totally anti SISU you are not entitled to an opinion" far too much "if he is supporting GH he must be a hero". In reality we know very little that is accurate and current and all we have is opinion that may or may not be right. Stating an opinion does not make it fact or right..... it is just an opinion valid but no more so than any other - there is no need to resort to character assassination or abuse, to do so only weakens your own viewpoint

Just my opinion all :D

If we assume that at some point, GH and whoever is backing him, or is part of his consortium takes over the club, I want to hear from them asap what the plan is. I totally agree that to do what has been done before is not acceptable. I do not want to hear a "throw money at it to get into the PL asap" stategy because 3/4 years down the line we will be in the same mess we are in now. I am not too bothered what league we play in just yet as long as the proper foundations are laid for the long term health of the club. If these are in place I believe success would follow (Jimmy Hill did it and more recently Swansea is the example I would quote, 8 years ago they were in League 2). I believe the club has to re-connect with the supporters and with the wider City of Coventry community. There is good will there, much of it is dormant and needs re-awakening.

The club also has to establish a friendly working relationship with all those connected with the ownership and management of the Ricoh Arena, so that we can exercise toe option to buy the half share open to us. Maximising the use of the Arena would then benefit not only the football club but the City as a whole.

I would like to see the Academy expanded to make sure that all promising young players in the Midlands are scouted and offered the opportunity to join the Club.

I would like to see the Reserve team re-instated. I believe it is too big a step from the Academy to the first team and would be the best way to develop our young talent.

We need to see much more openness from the Club, and a determination to treat supporters properly, regard them as part of the Club rather than a necessary evil.

If I hear these things from any new ownership I shall feel we are on the right lines, and are progressing as a Club, and are giving us a Club to be proud of.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Whether you or anyone else 'want to hear from him' is, in my opinion, irrelevant.

I want hard facts so far he has offered none. But I wouldn't seek to stop him putting out his tweets etc. just think folk here place far too much reliance on them. Fans here seem to cling to his words - other clubs fans listening to talksport are not going to be that bothered about his CCFC comments, they will hear it, retain it for 5 minutes then get on with life.

It is more likely the newspaper reports have "hurt" hedge fund ownership more...... but most people do not understand how that works so will glaze over as soon as it is mentioned or simply not care. We because it is our club focus on anything from Keys or general press about our Club others will not. Not saying we should not do everything we can to get SISU out as fans of course we should .....keys is just a fan with a privileged media position nothing more he probably knows little more than we do interms of detail or time scale. If as I suspect talks are between GH & Seppala then if GH is as professional as he seems he wont be jeopardising that by telling Keys so he can broadcast it

Will he damage SISU's financial reputation - given we are a very small part of their portfolio, that they will be judged on overall performance not individual failures - no. He expresses an opinion but very little facts and wont be taken seriously in financial circles.

Only one thing relevant.............. the survival and success of CCFC ...... everything else in this context you, me or keys isnt relevant, but our opinions are valid and free to be expressed (positive or negative)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The club also has to establish a friendly working relationship with all those connected with the ownership and management of the Ricoh Arena, so that we can exercise toe option to buy the half share open to us. Maximising the use of the Arena would then benefit not only the football club but the City as a whole.

I would like to see the Academy expanded to make sure that all promising young players in the Midlands are scouted and offered the opportunity to join the Club.

Agree very much with most of that RogerH

Clearly the relationship with ACL needs to be improved but it will take much more than that to get involvement in the stadium. Plus exercising the option will gain no income for sometime (10yrs +). The only part of the stadium that is under utilised is the pitch and terraces on match days and that has nothing to do with the option or ACL - ACL are doing a very good job at maximsing the potential despite CCFC and require any investor to be more financially involved than just buying the option for £10m

The academy status is going to depend on the new rules and how much the club is prepared to spend - back to money again

ashbyjan

For my point of view I want Keys to shut up as his tweets serve no useful purpose except to raise expectations of an imminent deal when there is no evidence of any such thing, I am sure there may be something brewing behind closed doors but Keys is not helping and as we all know SISU are a strange bunch I would hate to think his pointless comments could scupper any potential deal. I don't want to hear from SISU, Seppala, Igwe or Hoffman about any discussions until there is something to report, either a deal has been done or no deal has been done and Hoffman and his backers have gone away and we are stuck with SISU. This are they aren't they situation is not helping anything. Yes I want rid of SISU as I feel they have made a complete pigs ear of running the club (and yes RR etc are also culpable). have run out of ideas, finance, don't actually have any sort of plan of how to move forward, have alienated themselves from the fans and are steering our club towards Div 1. Do I want Hoffman? As I know nothing of his deal except what has been said before about Far East backing from a TV mogul but as yet there is no substance or detail to their plan I cannot blindly support it but as I cannot see any positive future under SISU I have to think that the Hoffman bid has to be guardedly preferable to years in the wilderness that SISU are leading us to. Does Fisher have a plan? I am sure he has one hell of a challenge on his plate with owners who don't care or understand and fans who are totally disillusioned and disenfranchised.
Above all else I want new owners who have a plan to move the club forward on a sound sustainable long term financial footing that reconnects with the fans and the community, including fan representation on the board. If Hoffman can deliver that then great but I wait to be convinced that anyone investing in football has the fans true interests at heart.

Delboycov

I personally think that Keys' tweets, particularly the one saying 10 days before they go public, is aimed more at SISU than the fans....sounds like a threat to cause them damage if they don't play ball. Perhaps the only way of getting SISU back to the table is by putting this kind of pressure on them and the threat to go public could be just what it takes. Keys wouldn't be communicating like this without Hoffman's backing so I doubt it will have any bearing on whether it will put off potential backers and I'm behind it 100% if it gets them talking. As for building up hopes, if it culminates in a deal which benefits the long term future of the club than I have no problems with it at all. As City fans we're used to having our hopes built up and I quite lot the fact that we're being given little rays of hope rather than the alternative which is having no hope whatsoever.

J

Jack Griffin

I wouldn't be too sure Keys is Hoffmans messenger. I'm not a fan of his tweets, mainly because they seem to me to lack substance. I'm fed up enough of SISU promising things they don't deliver, I don't want the same from Keys.

EleanorRigby

ffs, when are you all going to get it into your thick heads, nothing will be said until a deal is finalised, Hoffman won't be giving any details on his backers, who they are or where they are from. No good saying Keys tweets this, Keys tweets that that he won't be saying either. His tweets and i haven't read one yet are just to keep the kettle boiling. Can you imagine if he said Hop Sinn from Hong Kong is going to inject eleventy billion into Cov. it would be all over the papers in an hour. he's not teasing or anything like that but obviously knows a lot more than what is being said. He's probably as frustrated as fuck he can't say more. I trust them 100% to deliver just a question of when. Put it this way we have 2 games in 3 days then the FA Cup before the league starts again I'll be pretty disappointed if something hasn't materialised by then.

ICHAN

Will have to look that up used to love Bonanza (although I was only a kid then) did not know that was his name cheers.:)

ICHAN

Sorry ER had to look it up not that I doubted you but it was Hop Sing (near enough) played by Victor Sen Yung he was even in Charlie Chan (another great programme) Fing great what you can find out about someone on the internet.

ashbyjan

Unless you're trying to find out who our owners are - not even the power of Google or even greyskull can reveal that dark secret

ICHAN

So true ashbyjan but do they exist, even google can not trace someone who does not exist, or a Mason or just john doe's.

Users who are viewing this thread