Richard Keys on twitter this am (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

"Continue to remain calm. Stay in your seats. Do not panic".

Regis87

Good on him for keeping us informed , but it strikes me as strange that we have not heard anything official from the club or the media . Come on fatty Clarke/ Igwe give us your side

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

Lets hope what ever happens is actually positive, must admit listening to talksport there is a lot of mentions of Coventry :) Ian Wallace

chiefdave

Good on him for keeping us informed , but it strikes me as strange that we have not heard anything official from the club or the media . Come on fatty Clarke/ Igwe give us your side

Could be that they've shuffled everyone around at the top so much noone has any idea who's doing what anymore, they certainly act like they haven't got a clue what's going on. Could also be positive that the club haven't rushed out a statement saying the usual rubbish about the club not being for sale, no offer on the table, used the wrong type of paper etc. May mean that meaningful discussions are actually taking place.

rob9872

Oops I forgot the smiley face - I temporarily morphed into a wum :)

rob9872

I find the constant complaints about him do my head in even more but hey that's just me

ICHAN

Rob to be fair I find the keys is god does my head in but that's my opinion, and just wish it could all be done without the media circus if of course something is going on, but thats just my opinion.

shmmeee

I wish he would just put up or shut up. Show us the money Hoffman/Keys or SHUT UP. Sorry folks but this guy is really doing my head in.:mad:

He's in a no win situation now. These things take time especially over a holiday period. Hell have people constantly wanting updates and so has to say something.

That said the only story I want to read is "CCFC taken over" until then it's all just message board rumours for me.

spwaverley4916

only thing i can find on twitter -
Re ccfc. There are things happening. But deals like this take time. Sit tight - fingers crossed. More as and when I get it.

PhilWasn'tBabb

I agree that he has made a rod for his own back, but this constant stream of non information is useless. Whilst I agree things take time over the holiday period, but this has been going on for months now, with nothing being said in less it Keys in what would appear to be in a total unofficial capacity, much like " I Talked to a bloke down the pub who's sisters, brother's girlfriend is going to buy the club but it taking some time" kind of way.

Covstu

at least he is tryting to keep us fans in the picture which we are lacking from a club perspective, although i am just hopeful there is some truth to it!

I agree that he has made a rod for his own back, but this constant stream of non information is useless. Whilst I agree things take time over the holiday period, but this has been going on for months now, with nothing being said in less it Keys in what would appear to be in a total unofficial capacity, much like " I Talked to a bloke down the pub who's sisters, brother's girlfriend is going to buy the club but it taking some time" kind of way.

I also question whether it is right he should be tweeting in his capacity as a TalkSport presenter. He can of course tweet away privately but I do not think it right he does so on his employer's account - he is after all supposed to be an independent broadcaster. You may say it is great that he is using his influence as a TalkSport presenter in this way to back Hoffman, but what if the boot were on the other foot and he was tweeting away opposing Hoffman? - I am sure we many would be complaining to TalkSport and the Independent Broadcasting Commission.

If Hoffman has something to say then he should be saying it. He is after all the saviour is he not? Why get his lapdog to tweet and snipe away. If Hoffman is to come in, take over and represent this club then he needs to lead by example.

Last edited:

covey1987

dont know whether i am in the shut up until you have something to say camp or just give me a glimmer of hope club? keys hoffman etc have the club at heart but i think they should learn from what happened before where deals were scuppered apparently by loose talk.

EleanorRigby

thorn in my side or should it be our side. Richard Keys is keeping a worried group of fans informed as much as he can do or allowed to do. Do really expect him or Hoffman for that matter to be blurting things out just to please the likes of you, moaning for moaning sake and when/if this deal goes through you will probably trawl through with fine tooth comb and come up with another negative comment.

Covfather

I also question whether it is right he should be tweeting in his capacity as a TalkSport presenter. He can of course tweet away privately but I do not think it right he does so on his employer's account - he is after all supposed to be an independent broadcaster. You may say it is great that he is using his influence as a TalkSport presenter in this way to back Hoffman, but what if the boot were on the other foot and he was tweeting away opposing Hoffman? - I am sure we many would be complaining to TalkSport and the Independent Broadcasting Commission.

If Hoffman has something to say then he should be saying it. He is after all the saviour is he not? Why get his lapdog to tweet and snipe away. If Hoffman is to come in, take over and represent this club then he needs to lead by example.

Oh my god.. Namby pamby brigade. Keys uses his talksport account to give cov fans some hope _ shock Fooking horror...

ICHAN

Personally Eleanor I would not like to be kept informed and wish it was all done properly behind closed doors and wake up 1 day hopefully soon that we have been taken over and the reign of sisu will be over.
I can not see what good it does? not long ago we had to wait 10 days then their was tweets about this that and the other.
Fine if people want/need snippets of info but some of us do not and so we wish to say our disproval at such tweets does not mean we are not cov fans or negative as some like to say we are, some just see things in a differant way.
Personally I see what he is doing as much as the same that KD done and that is to broadcast news to the media/network for all to read and so in doing so divide a set of fans and give out information that is not neccesary.
That is just my thoughts on it all and not aimed at you EleanorRigby but wish certain sections would try and be polite and take into considerations of other fans views without getting into a slanging match and questioning a fans allegiance to coventry.

thorn in my side or should it be our side. Richard Keys is keeping a worried group of fans informed as much as he can do or allowed to do. Do really expect him or Hoffman for that matter to be blurting things out just to please the likes of you, moaning for moaning sake and when/if this deal goes through you will probably trawl through with fine tooth comb and come up with another negative comment.

Oh I see - criticise and "moan for the sake of moaning" about SISU all day long but do not dare question anything about the Hoffman / Keys interest. Sorry, but we must retain our objectivity and be free to comment without fear of retribution as fans with a common and vested interest in our club. I do not agree with you. You do not agree with me. That does not make you any better or worse than me but neither does it entitle you to an opinion over and above mine.

For you information, I remain neutral on the SISU v Hoffman debate. I question both with equal vigor and I remain undecided. That said if the attitude is support Hoffman or else, then I can assure you I and many other undecided fans will very quickly make up our minds.

Personally Eleanor I would not like to be kept informed and wish it was all done properly behind closed doors and wake up 1 day hopefully soon that we have been taken over and the reign of sisu will be over.
I can not see what good it does? not long ago we had to wait 10 days then their was tweets about this that and the other.
Fine if people want/need snippets of info but some of us do not and so we wish to say our disproval at such tweets does not mean we are not cov fans or negative as some like to say we are, some just see things in a differant way.
Personally I see what he is doing as much as the same that KD done and that is to broadcast news to the media/network for all to read and so in doing so divide a set of fans and give out information that is not neccesary.
That is just my thoughts on it all and not aimed at you EleanorRigby but wish certain sections would try and be polite and take into considerations of other fans views without getting into a slanging match and questioning a fans allegiance to coventry.

Not long now (Yawn) some good news coming soon (Yawn)...I'm with you on this one. :claping hands:

ICHAN

I wonder what happens with other takeovers sometimes? are there proposed takeover's all over the media and the like, or are they done properly out of the media where 2 groups of people get around a table and keep it all business like.
Also for all what they are sisu are keeping a very low profile this time if infact their is a takeover on the table?

CCFC123

Give keys a break will some of you. He knows a lot more than he is letting on and he must be aware that something is almost done and is doing his best to keep the spirits up of the fans by letting the supporters know snippits. If there was any doubt then Hoffman would of asked him to stop.

Dont understand this constant slagging off of the guy for giving us more communicated / information than SISU have done in 4 years.

Give keys a break will some of you. He knows a lot more than he is letting on and he must be aware that something is almost done and is doing his best to keep the spirits up of the fans by letting the supporters know snippits. If there was any doubt then Hoffman would of asked him to stop.

Dont understand this constant slagging off of the guy for giving us more communicated / information than SISU have done in 4 years.

Ok Richard....Remember Brody?

@richh87

Some people are just arseholes. Keys is doing exactly what I want him to do.

A few weeks ago our protests seemed to be having no effect and we all wished the media would get onboard.

ICHAN

Rich not having a go, just want to understand, this has been debated for a while now and people know each others views on this and I have said what I think of it all.
But why are some people arseholes?
Because we may not agree with what is being said at this moment in time,nothing to do with who is saying it (on my part others may have differant opinions about keys, I do not know him personal enough to comment on him).
He is doing exactly as you want not everyone, does not make them arseholes, and as I do not agree then I gather I am included in this group?
Ok it bought much media attention to the plight of the club, doubt many outside of supporting cov could give a shit to be honest what is happening to us.
I have nothing against those who are for what keys is doing unlike some have against those who may have a differant opinion on what he is doing.
All I am doing is debating my view on what is happening without categorising people.

@richh87

Rich not having a go and this has been debated todeath now and people know each others views on this and I have said what I think of it all.
But why are some people arseholes?
Because we may not agree with what is being said at this moment in time,nothing to do with who is saying it (on my part others may have differant opinions about keys, I do not know him personal enough to comment on him).
He is doing exactly as you want not everyone, does not make them arseholes, and as I do not agree then I gather I am included in this group?
Ok it bought much media attention to the plight of the club, doubt many outside of supporting cov could give a shit to be honest what is happening to us.
I have nothing against those who are for what keys is doing unlike some have against those who may have a differant opinion on what he is doing.
All I am doing is debating my view on what is happening without categorising people.

It makes no sense for people to be having a go at Keys. He is involved in the takeover bid aimed at getting SISU (the people killing this club) out!

You may say he's not one of the money men - which is true. However, he is close to Hoffman and Hoffman has clearly asked him to bring it to the nation's attention and to be the public figure driving this takeover - behind which all City fans can get behind.

Banging on about how you people "want to hear nothing until it's done" is stupid - because media pressure on this topic is EXTREMELY important.

We need to unite behind the "Save our City" cause. Not have a pop at the very people saving our beloved football club.

THINK. IT. THROUGH.

Users who are viewing this thread