Richard Keogh (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 11652

Careful with this KSB. For some of the lunatics on here; players being friendly to fans and agreeing to selfies is viewed as a near criminal offence. I have no fucking idea why that is either - I read all kinds of nonsense on here but attacking players for being nice fans is very near the top of the list in terms of idiocy.

Difference is Keogh was actually good

Brighton Sky Blue

I admit to being almost tearful at the time.

The 25-year-old rock of the back four – who made a clean sweep of the end of season awards, including the coveted Players’ Player vote from his fellow professionals – received the biggest ovation of the day as he left the field, disconsolate that his actions would hand already relegated Rovers the lead and leave his team-mates a man down for the remainder of the game.

“I was a bit of a mess in the dressing room when I came in after the red card,” said Keogh whose name was sung aloud again during the post-match lap of appreciation.

“The ovation I got was amazing and kind of cushioned the blow a little bit. It’s something I have never really experienced – a special moment and one I will never forget.”

Each time I see reports of games from that season I still can’t believe Thorn got them relegated

Grendel

covcity4life

Yes, he was a passenger, he hasn’t even got a driving licence.
It came out in the trial or whatever that he was egging it on and ring leader to stay out and not take taxis home out on by the club

He might be experienced but if he isn't mature not sure he a good fit.

higgs

Would add good experience to the squad would have him back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

Irish Sky Blue

Keogh was one of the best and most effective players of our previous championship spell. He always gave 100% but his game wasn't just about effort, he was a very mobile and skilful defender who read the game well and rarely had a bad game. He got a good reception from City fans in the friendly Derby played against us (in the dark!) at Nuneaton a couple of years ago. Same will happen if he plays against us with a crowd for Huddersfield.

wingy

He was phenomenal for us as right back,a decent centre half , became an international,but had the odd rick in his game,be that either positioning ,strength in the challenge, definitely a leader on the pitch through example, I remember starting a thread way back questioning whether he should be captain?
Can't remember who had the armband back then,was it Clingan?

Hobo

In my book Keogh was a decent enough player - we have had far far worse.

D

Deleted member 2477

Nobody is innocent.
Well well it looks like he was in this case as an industrial tribunal have just found Derby dismissed him unfairly and have awarded him 2m compo. Looks like Derby are even more in the shit now

mrtrench

Well well it looks like he was in this case as an industrial tribunal have just found Derby dismissed him unfairly and have awarded him 2m compo. Looks like Derby are even more in the shit now

He may be innocent of that but he's done something else. Poured creosote on a worm; tampered with the perfume bottles in Boots; played backgammon in a library... there's bound to be something.

Covkid1968#

I can’t recall if I ever told my Richard Keogh story. But I’ll mention it again as I found the picture on an old camera yesterday .... bit long winded but feck it... it’s not like any of you lot have a game to watch today

Doncaster at home last game of the championship relegation year me and my mate found ourselves in the posh bit of the Ricoh... no idea why or how but beer played a part.

Got in the lift to go up or down and Keogh appeared out of nowhere and asked to hold the lift. He was in his kit and was clutching a glass trophy or vase he had won. Player of the year award I think

lift door closes and my mate asks if he minds doing a picture with the award. Good as gold Rich takes a step back arranges his hair and assumes that daft stance people do at awards ceremonies. As he does that my mate snatches said trophy from his clutches and throws it to me.

“No Richard....we’ve had to put up with watching that shit on the pitch all year... you take a picture of my mate because he deserves that award not you”

He apologised to us and mumbled a brief excuse and agreed that he didn’t deserve it and he would be glad to take it

I felt sorry for him... he clearly wished he wasn’t in a confined space with2 pissed up Hairy arsed fans. That award probably went straight in the bin..... but I still have my picture🤓🤓🤓 and very young and handsome I look to.

Greggs

I can’t recall if I ever told my Richard Keogh story. But I’ll mention it again as I found the picture on an old camera yesterday .... bit long winded but feck it... it’s not like any of you lot have a game to watch today

Doncaster at home last game of the championship relegation year me and my mate found ourselves in the posh bit of the Ricoh... no idea why or how but beer played a part.

Got in the lift to go up or down and Keogh appeared out of nowhere and asked to hold the lift. He was in his kit and was clutching a glass trophy or vase he had won. Player of the year award I think

lift door closes and my mate asks if he minds doing a picture with the award. Good as gold Rich takes a step back arranges his hair and assumes that daft stance people do at awards ceremonies. As he does that my mate snatches said trophy from his clutches and throws it to me.

“No Richard....we’ve had to put up with watching that shit on the pitch all year... you take a picture of my mate because he deserves that award not you”

He apologised to us and mumbled a brief excuse and agreed that he didn’t deserve it and he would be glad to take it

I felt sorry for him... he clearly wished he wasn’t in a confined space with2 pissed up Hairy arsed fans. That award probably went straight in the bin..... but I still have my picture🤓🤓🤓 and very young and handsome I look to.
Photo or it didn't happen ;)

Covkid1968#

Photo or it didn't happen ;)
But then you will all know how good looking I am and i will attract all sorts of stalking nutters. If I can be arsed to work out how to get it on my phone I’ll post it .... but I’m not open to advances.... at the moment anyway 🤓

Users who are viewing this thread