Ricardo Dinanga (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

I agree that a highlights reel showing no more than four or five goals taken several times from different angles provides little evidence of player's real worth when he's still aged 18.

Yet, there may be another way of projecting a Dinanga's progress into the future...

Suppose there was another footballer called Dinanga, five years his senior, and now under contract at League 2 Stevenage. Would that 23 years old Dinanga's stats be a guide to what his younger brother's stats might be in five years time? Provided of course that Marcus Dinanga was related to Ricardo, which he may not be!

Anyway, for what it's worth, Marcus Dinanga has scored 54 goals in 149 games playing games for teams in tier 7 (aged 18) tiers 6 and 5 (aged 19 to 21) and currently aged 23 he is playing at tier 4.

Unfortunately, he's only scored 1 goal in 26 appearances in tiers 4 and 5.

And for all I know Ricardo may be totally unrelated to Marcus! The possible link suggesting Ricardo is Marcus's kid brother is that Marcus is a product of the Burton Albion academy and may well have been there when Allen and McFadzean were playing for Burton. Not to mention that his first loan spell was at Mickleover Sports, otherwise known as one of CCFC's Academy feeder teams.

If Ricardo impresses on trial here, perhaps he could skip the loan spells at Mickleover, Matlock and Telford United and end up in our U23s within a season or two.

TomRad85

Worth noting he's also followed by Ngandu on Insta so its probably true. Can't see how Ngandu would know some random kid playing in the Irish leagues.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

better days

We do occasionally bring youngsters in on trial and end up taking them into the under 23s though don't we? Which presumably would be the case for this one. Regarding trialists with potential to go into the first team squad though you're right, Lameiras pretty much the only one I can think of.

My understanding is you are definitely correct here Tom
I think the lad is training with the U23s

mrtrench

I agree that a highlights reel showing no more than four or five goals taken several times from different angles provides little evidence of player's real worth when he's still aged 18.

Yet, there may be another way of projecting a Dinanga's progress into the future...

Suppose there was another footballer called Dinanga, five years his senior, and now under contract at League 2 Stevenage. Would that 23 years old Dinanga's stats be a guide to what his younger brother's stats might be in five years time? Provided of course that Marcus Dinanga was related to Ricardo, which he may not be!

Anyway, for what it's worth, Marcus Dinanga has scored 54 goals in 149 games playing games for teams in tier 7 (aged 18) tiers 6 and 5 (aged 19 to 21) and currently aged 23 he is playing at tier 4.

Unfortunately, he's only scored 1 goal in 26 appearances in tiers 4 and 5.

And for all I know Ricardo may be totally unrelated to Marcus! The possible link suggesting Ricardo is Marcus's kid brother is that Marcus is a product of the Burton Albion academy and may well have been there when Allen and McFadzean were playing for Burton. Not to mention that his first loan spell was at Mickleover Sports, otherwise known as one of CCFC's Academy feeder teams.

If Ricardo impresses on trial here, perhaps he could skip the loan spells at Mickleover, Matlock and Telford United and end up in our U23s within a season or two.

And yet sometimes it works differently. For example, I hadn't scored any goals in tier 7 when I was 18.

TomRad85

Was an Under 18s game, not 23s. Maybe it was him - just unsure on eligibility rules.
No I meant perhaps its like the under 23s in that you can play a certain amount of overage players. But I genuinely have no idea tbh.

Hobo

Just had a report from my Cork based scout...says he’s good. Quick and with an eye for goal.

Did he try and sell you a greyhound at the same time...he's good. Quick with an eye for the finishline?

KG7

According to Kev Monks, who pretty much attends every youth team game, the player is a lad called Marko Kus who currently plays for Southampton

Can’t find record of Marko Kus anywhere on google or Southampton’s page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread