Revenue idea if only BCD for the foreseeable future (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

If this were to happen it wouldn't be £20, it would be £5 and people wouldn't have to leave their front room, never mind venture to St Andrews or the Ricoh, so I think 20,000 is a reasonable guesstimate, particularly given the position we are in at the moment. Additionally people would love to watch live sport right now and a targeted marketing campaign by the club (presuming they still have the large database of fans details previously held) should ensure a decent take up.

Wouldn’t it be really only be the fans who went St.Andrews signing up as the option has been there all season for Ifollow? It’s been £10 for a match pass

Magwitch

Would be win win for us I reckon, imo we’d be raking it in. We can sell 2000+ tickets for most away games which we get jack shit from at the moment.
Reckon £10 minimum per telly would be more than reasonable.

SlowerThanPlatt

Would be win win for us I reckon, imo we’d be raking it in. We can sell 2000+ tickets for most away games which we get jack shit from at the moment.
Reckon £10 minimum per telly would be more than reasonable.

It’s been £10 all season to watch a game? Admittedly it would see some increase as there’s now 6,000 fans who attended St.Andrews every week who now can’t a watch a game and if they want to watch it will have to sign up. I think the club would offer it out free to ST holders though

Legia Sky Blue

It’s been £10 all season to watch a game? Admittedly it would see some increase as there’s now 6,000 fans who attended St.Andrews every week who now can’t a watch a game and if they want to watch it will have to sign up. I think the club would offer it out free to ST holders though

The option for i follow has only been open to overseas subscribers. Obviously there are some in the UK who have used VPN's to bypass that requirement, but I think your average Cov fan doesn't really know much about it. I don't really understand why you think that only those that have gone to St Andrews would be interested, but if that is your opinion then fine. We can only speculate at the moment, but our support base is much larger than that which has been going to St Andrews, and if people don't have to leave their front room to watch the team potentially promoted and winning the league, I believe the take up would be significantly higher than the 6,000 attending St Andrews.

RegTheDonk

For every fan that goes to Brum, there's one that either won't or can't. I speak only from experience of my dad and brother - offer them an easy way to watch the game for a tenner and they'd do it.

Flying Fokker

So, the world is going to remain in this state of flux for some time yet. Behind closed doors is probably the best option at the moment. Failing that. Shut all leagues for a couple of seasons and restart?
In this game of chance we are more likely to become infected with social gatherings. But we are not the ones getting paid to kick a ball around. Nurses et al are at far greater risk and safeguards will be in place for footballers.

maybe some will just see their contracts out instead of get back to the game they love.

Recent player interviews does not bode well for the game.

Magwitch

A month ago on radio an Yankee “expert” talking sports and concerts said he didn’t believe spectator sport at stadia will happen until the Fall (Autumn) 2021 I though bullshit at the time but am now beginning to think he might have a point.

Brighton Sky Blue

A month ago on radio an Yankee “expert” talking sports and concerts said he didn’t believe spectator sport at stadia will happen until the Fall (Autumn) 2021 I though bullshit at the time but am now beginning to think he might have a point.

If we can verify

a) How many have actually been infected

b) The extent of any immunity conferred

That will go a long way towards allowing at least certain groups of people to return back to some kind of normality and I would include spectator sport in that. Until we have that data then no dice and it concerns me to see talk of lifting all kinds of restrictions because the curve is going down when the virus remains active

skybluetony176

The last pandemic of this magnitude was the Spanish flu which pretty much lasted 3 years. The guy is possibly being conservative in reality by saying autumn 2021. Unless someone finds the miracle cure. Sports governing bodies, clubs, sponsors, tv companies and even us fans need to wake up to the fact that there’s only one way to finish this season and it’s behind closed doors, there’s only likely to be one way to start next season and it’s behind closed doors and possibly the season after that and the season after that. They should be using the rest of this season to get the format right so next season can be the best possible instead of dithering around waiting for an answer to fall in their laps. Which is what they seem to be doing right now.

Magwitch

The last pandemic of this magnitude was the Spanish flu which pretty much lasted 3 years. The guy is possibly being conservative in reality by saying autumn 2021. Unless someone finds the miracle cure. Sports governing bodies, clubs, sponsors, tv companies and even us fans need to wake up to the fact that there’s only one way to finish this season and it’s behind closed doors, there’s only likely to be one way to start next season and it’s behind closed doors and possibly the season after that and the season after that. They should be using the rest of this season to get the format right so next season can be the best possible instead of dithering around waiting for an answer to fall in their laps. Which is what they seem to be doing right now.
You are correct on what you say about the flu epidemic but that was a 100 years ago, I actually think the first thing science will come up with is a remedy of some kind not a cure there will never be one of those as there isn’t for influenza there’s all sorts of talk about one on the horizon we shall see about that, a vaccine is way off yet. I think the big problem is it’s so contagious and affects people in a number of different ways. But back to football BCD is almost certain for a few months atleast yet yesterday I saw Belarus fans massed on the terraces and dancing about at a game.

standupforcity

One option could be to allow the 'lowest risk' demographics in at first

Not a great suggestion I don't think...you'd be raising questions of discrimination, ageism, and probably denying the longest serving supporters of our club. Football supporters are equal..we put age creed sex and anything else you choose to mention, on the back burner on match day. I think we just have to be patient till the day comes when we can return safely to the terraces, basically when we find a vaccine. In the meantime all games should be made available on iFollow...and I haven't a clue how much we should pay for the pleasure, but I'm damn sure I'd be there as often as financially possible!

skybluesam66

so how about placing big screen boards around the pitch , with say spaces for 5000 faces
you then can zoom present to your screen, including sound, which then creates an atmosphere
Can also get chants going

and yes, I am joking to an extent, but I dont think we will see us play live, until the season after next ie in the Premier league, so we need to think outside of the box to some extent

hill83

Not a great suggestion I don't think...you'd be raising questions of discrimination, ageism, and probably denying the longest serving supporters of our club. Football supporters are equal..we put age creed sex and anything else you choose to mention, on the back burner on match day.

Whilst I agree in general this situation is very different to the norm. And a bit of self awareness from people would go a long way. If I was deemed high risk I wouldn’t go and would be more than happy for people deemed low risk to attend.

Grendel

Whilst I agree in general this situation is very different to the norm. And a bit of self awareness from people would go a long way. If I was deemed high risk I wouldn’t go and would be more than happy for people deemed low risk to attend.

The problem really when you try and select on criteria is people will ignore and it’s a thankless task for stewards trying to police it.

If football venues open again in the fairly near term there are going to be significant changes with gaps between customers - probably a ban on away fans which again may be hard to police - and closing down the bar areas where there is much higher amounts of people gathering

Brighton Sky Blue

Not a great suggestion I don't think...you'd be raising questions of discrimination, ageism, and probably denying the longest serving supporters of our club. Football supporters are equal..we put age creed sex and anything else you choose to mention, on the back burner on match day. I think we just have to be patient till the day comes when we can return safely to the terraces, basically when we find a vaccine. In the meantime all games should be made available on iFollow...and I haven't a clue how much we should pay for the pleasure, but I'm damn sure I'd be there as often as financially possible!

It’s less to do with not wanting older fans there but more the risk to their health or possibly lives of attending. As previously stated I’m more thinking out loud and there isn’t a solution that’s going to please everyone or even most people

hill83

The problem really when you try and select on criteria is people will ignore and it’s a thankless task for stewards trying to police it.

If football venues open again in the fairly near term there are going to be significant changes with gaps between customers - probably a ban on away fans which again may be hard to police - and closing down the bar areas where there is much higher amounts of people gathering

No doubt. I don’t think it would work to be honest but I did state a bit of self awareness would need to be used, so in summary not a fucking chance it would work.

We couldn’t even get people to sit down or sit in the right seat before. We’ll do what we want etc.

jimmyhillsfanclub

God that sounds so depressingly shit.....I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.....or watch via a glitchy stream on laptop.....

....the only positive I could take out of that is at least I'd have something to gamble on again.

Grendel

Just look it.

Well yes on the infamous Lies Reid site I do as he seems to have grown me a full grey beard which I’ve never had. Personally I preferred his version of me on the Children of the Damned poster when I looked 16

Users who are viewing this thread