Retained players list (4 Viewers)

Otis

I can't see many people mentioning Jamie Allen. Lots of talk of Walsh and Hamer, but very little on Allen.

Does he look like he might be okay at Championship level?

vow

I can't see many people mentioning Jamie Allen. Lots of talk of Walsh and Hamer, but very little on Allen.

Reckon he'll do well if injury free.

Warwickhunt

I called Baka being retained. Think he'll be sent out on loan to a League One club that will have him as first choice and see what he can do for a season.
he is not the best but he is quite an imposing player when he comes on and will probably be used in the last 15 minutes if the situation requires us to bombard opposition team.

Warwickhunt

Very surprised to see Baka staying. Not convinced he is championship quality. Still think our strikers are the weakest part of our team and could potentially be a problem for next season.
always will be! unless we have a benefactor that could fund a quality Championship striker Circa £8 - £12 million we have to see whats the best we can get with our budget as it is.

AFCCOVENTRY

Allen played in the Championship and will play a big part next season for us.

shmmeee

I imagine there’ll be four strikers on the books, one signing plus Godden Baka and Max. I’d get someone young who has shown good form in another league either abroad or further down the pyramid.

AM we have a few who I think could make the step up in Allen, Shipley, Westbrooke, Jones and Jobello but I’d like O’Hare or similar to O’Hare. I’d go for a young player on a perm signing.

We need another DM for when Kelly breaks down/needs a rest. Someone who knows the league on a free from another Championship club. I hope Eccles pushes on but not a guarantee. We have a few who can play here in a pinch (Pask, Allen, Shipley, Westbrooke).

LWB needed to push/replace Mason, I’d get a loan in. RWB not an emergency but would be nice to bring a youngster through for when Dabo inevitably leaves for big money.

One more CB needed I think, I’d poach from L1. GK is OK.

Maybe chuck in a couple more loans in attack for some pace.

Maybe shooting high here but say another £3m on ST, AM, CB, loan fees on 2 or 3, and a couple of frees seems doable. Maybe 7-8 players total.

alfielloyd

He played so few games it is difficult to judge, I imagine he played for Burton in the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread