Retained players list (2 Viewers)

vow

You mouthy little prick. Don’t take offence and grizzle like a child when somebody doesn’t agree with you. Nice you remembered my name as I’ve obviously got under your skin.
You got it spectacularly wrong. Laugh it off and move on.
giphy.gif

Reactions: TTG

CCFC54321

Should have replied with that message first time round mate... everyone's entitled to an opinion
Good shout. Your right we are entitled to an opinion that’s what the games about. We all get it right and we all get it wrong. But bringing up posters id’s from 1 year ago....

lifeskyblue

I wasnt a fan of Baka when he arrived and still not convinced he will make it in championship. We did see glimpses though last season to indicate there is a decent player in there. A few times he had 10minute spells when he was almost unplayable...just wish he could produce over 90mins or even 60 would be good. Can’t see him as anything other than a bit part player next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergusons_Beard

Jordy will easily get a club-probably Swindon. Junior Brown back at Shrews , all rest doubt whether they’ll get a league club. Which is a shit shame as most Cov lads that have been with the club since they were 10. Wakefield & Aliasiani (whatevs) has their chance but just weren’t good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jto123

Jordy will easily get a club-probably Swindon. Junior Brown back at Shrews , all rest doubt whether they’ll get a league club. Which is a shit shame as most Cov lads that have been with the club since they were 10. Wakefield & Aliasiani (whatevs) has their chance but just weren’t good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very true. It will be good business for any league one team that gets Jordy.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bloody hell !! There are other stupid bleeders then ;)

Loads of clubs look at data/stats now so probably largely come up with similar targets. I guess his data must look good somehow.

For me it shows why actual scouting is still so important to look beyond that. Not knocking Baka but he sure doesn't play the way you'd expect someone of his size and stature to.

stevefloyd

Loads of clubs look at data/stats now so probably largely come up with similar targets. I guess his data must look good somehow.

For me it shows why actual scouting is still so important to look beyond that. Not knocking Baka but he sure doesn't play the way you'd expect someone of his size and stature to.
I really cannot comprehend why we have have took on the option, he hardly made league 1 defenders quake in their boots and now he is possibly going to be facing better defenders in the championship, looks like Max is being kept as well

fatso

Agreed, I'm genuinely stunned that we've kept a player on, when he clearly didnt cut it in league 1.
If we are keeping Biamou, we definitely dont need Baka, personally I'd have taken a punt on another striker. Although it's possible that MR is thinking of getting some money in by selling him.

jto123

Agreed, I'm genuinely stunned that we've kept a player on, when he clearly didnt cut it in league 1.
If we are keeping Biamou, we definitely dont need Baka, personally I'd have taken a punt on another striker. Although it's possible that MR is thinking of getting some money in by selling him.

By keeping Baka on it suggests to me that Biamou might not stay. Personally I would keep Max over Baka because he produces moments of magic. Can't see us gambling on both being championship quality.

Mucca Mad Boys

Perhaps an insight into what our budget may be if Bakayoko is sticking around

Robins seems to see something in him, and is obviously hedging his bets on unlocking his potential.

I’m not going to read too much into this, but he performed quite well v Birmingham (A), so he may be of use to us.

Final point, we need a bigger squad in the Championship, and having Baka as a 3rd/4th choice isn’t the end of the world. This will be his last year to impress though.

ccfcway

Robins seems to see something in him, and is obviously hedging his bets on unlocking his potential.

I’m not going to read too much into this, but he performed quite well v Birmingham (A), so he may be of use to us.

Final point, we need a bigger squad in the Championship, and having Baka as a 3rd/4th choice isn’t the end of the world. This will be his last year to impress though.

Godden and Max appear to be ahead of him this year, which already means he is 3rd. We will sign another striker and likely to get one in on loan as well, that will make him 5th choice for one space. Even if we only sign 1 he will be 4th.

100% trust MR, just seems a little odd.

jto123

Big of Hickman to admit his stupid mistake. Why is there allways that one bellend to rub it in though. Quality of Dabo to call him out.

Yeah saw the too. Seems like the event matured him. Hope he still manages to get a footballing career.

Magwitch

I’ve always seen a player in Baka, but not an out and out centre forward, he can play on the deck, carry a ball, has plenty of pace and not bad in the air, also handy to have on the bench if we need to change the tactics.

lordy_87

I think what people get wrong about baka is that they think he should be a target man due to his physique. In my opinion with his pace and power he's better playing off the shoulder evidenced by his goals against Sunderland and Peterborough last season, and Blues this year. Defo worth keeping on a season, we'll need back up all over the pitch and he's low risk in terms of wages.

lordy_87

I think what people get wrong about baka is that they think he should be a target man due to his physique. In my opinion with his pace and power he's better playing off the shoulder evidenced by his goals against Sunderland and Peterborough last season, and Blues this year. Defo worth keeping on a season, we'll need back up all over the pitch and he's low risk in terms of wages.
And Peterborough away this year as well actually

johnwillomagic

I am not sure Baka is behind Max like some have stated incorrectly he has certainly started some games ahead of Max under MR.
Whatsmore Baka and Max looked pretty decent together as a front two at Peterboro away,

I think he has been part of the core squad that have done so well this year and has shown good attitude and strong backbone giving flak he has unfairly taken worth a punt I think and happy that Mark Robins feels the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread