Retained List (1 Viewer)

wingy

I think there may be an upgrade on Grimmer and I'm one of his biggest fans

steve82

I don’t see all the fuss about Stockley he did ok until we scored but his head went down and looked like an average league two player the bloke they took off looked a better bet

Over the season he’s been one of the driving forces of Exeter’s promotion push. He lacked decent service yesterday and chances to score from.

He’s good enough for L1.

Interesting that Lyle Taylor of Wimbledon is available too I think and weighing up his options, he’d be another to hopefully convince to join the sky blue revival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torchomatic

I think we need a decent left back. Stokes is ok, but too slow. Haynes just isn’t very good at defending.

steve82

Stockley was bullying Willis for most of the first half

He’s a handful of a player, a bully but a footballer too. Imagine McNulty and Stockley as a partnership.

On the seasons form it’s over 50 goals between them, granted L1 is harder but Stockley can feed and create space and chances for McNulty to thrive in.

David O'Day

He’s a handful of a player, a bully but a footballer too. Imagine McNulty and Stockley as a partnership.

On the seasons form it’s over 50 goals between them, granted L1 is harder but Stockley can feed and create space and chances for McNulty to thrive in.

You do like a leagie 2 level thing don't you?

:)

steve82

You do like a leagie 2 level thing don't you?

:)

Lol not sure how do you mean on this one?

I see your points on Forte and obviously he’s not even near our targets now but Stockley? He’s more than capable.

steve82

Stockley looks a decent player admittedly but Willis had him in his pocket....and took time out to score ?

Only because he heard of Chris Stokes that Pauline had her sowing kit with her and got her to do it up at half time. Lol

Terry_dactyl

I’d be tempted to go for that lad who scored against us for Notts county in the second leg. Think he was on loan from someone though.

stevefloyd

I don't get the negativity towards Vincenti
When he played with Jones and they regularly switched wings we offered a big threat that teams found difficult to cope with
He just needs to play in a set up that suits him or he can look like a fish up a tree
Yes we need to play against really really slow teams and then he can excel

David O'Day

Lol not sure how do you mean on this one?

I see your points on Forte and obviously he’s not even near our targets now but Stockley? He’s more than capable.

Nothing there apart from head and elbows, we should look at better players than him

steve82

Nothing there apart from head and elbows, we should look at better players than him

There is more to him than that, but my question is what is wrong with that when paired alongside a player with McNulty’s traits?

As for better players who you thinking out of curiosity?

Of his 23 goals this season only 9 of his goals were headers, 10 were right footed shots and 3 with his left swinger and 1 penalty

Joint 3rd in L2 for match winning goals in a season finishing joint 6th top goal score in the league

He brings a physical presence, a focal point to a team, a edge at set pieces and importantly goals, all that Exeter got for just 100k last August from Aberdeen.

Liquid Gold

I think McNulty will stay. I'm sure there will be interest in hi but he's never done it consistently in league 1 before and he knows he's the focal point of this team, the manager trusts him and the fans are behind him. Staying with us is the perfect way for him to prove he's good enough for that level and above. If he has a good season next year though and we don't go up then I'm sure we'll lose him. Bayliss is sure to go, players of his age and ability just don't stay at lower league clubs for long.

oucho

anyone know when the retained/released list is due to be announced?

The Lurker

The Kelly Evans brothers been told they can go along with beavon. That’s all I know so far

camwell was arrested for drink driving before the playoff semi’s robins told him to sort it out or he’ll be out too.

oucho

The Kelly Evans brothers been told they can go along with beavon. That’s all I know so far

camwell was arrested for drink driving before the playoff semi’s robins told him to sort it out or he’ll be out too.

How do you know this?

Terry_dactyl

I feel a bit sorry for the DKEs. They haven't set the world alight but they are still young and have done a job when called upon.

I know what you mean, they’re whole hearted, but I just don’t think they’re up to it and are never going to be.
I think Haynes has to go also. I’ve really wanted him to succeed. he’s consistently been poor and occasionally been brilliant. I almost don’t understand how he’s been so poor, he clearly has skill and pace. Is it confidence?

Manchester_sky_blue

I know what you mean, they’re whole hearted, but I just don’t think they’re up to it and are never going to be.
I think Haynes has to go also. I’ve really wanted him to succeed. he’s consistently been poor and occasionally been brilliant. I almost don’t understand how he’s been so poor, he clearly has skill and pace. Is it confidence?
I agree about Haynes. He's had enough first team minutes now to show what he can do and hasn't seized the opportunity. Time for him to try his luck elsewhere. With the DKE's though, neither has ever had a consistent run in the side. i wonder if a loan spell at a league two or top conference side where they can play week in week out would just give them that chance to show whether they have it or not. Mind you, given our propensity for re-signing ex players they will all be back in a few years anyway!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Feel more sorry for Dion - was one of the better players during relegation season but hasn't really had a look in this year due to Grimmer's largely excellent form, plus a few injuries he's had. It's tough but that's football I guess.

Nick

Administrator
The DKE's haven't really broken into the squad much at all so can see them going.

Beavon also will need a pay off I think won't he?

Wonder when the list will be out?

Users who are viewing this thread