Retained List (3 Viewers)

Pusb1

Fankaty Dabo, Julien Dacosta, Todd Kane, Sean Maguire, Michael Rose, Martyn Waghorn and Tyler Walker will all leave the Sky Blues following the conclusion of their contracts.

Under 21s players Will Bapaga, Tom Billson, George Burroughs, Ricardo Dinanga, Aiden Finnegan, Jay McGrath, Harrison Nee and Blaine Rowe will also leave the Club.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Fankaty Dabo, Julien Dacosta, Todd Kane, Sean Maguire, Michael Rose, Martyn Waghorn and Tyler Walker will all leave the Sky Blues following the conclusion of their contracts.

Under 21s players Will Bapaga, Tom Billson, George Burroughs, Ricardo Dinanga, Aiden Finnegan, Jay McGrath, Harrison Nee and Blaine Rowe will also leave the Club.

No surprises there then.

shmmeee

Semi surprised Kelly got another year but totally understandable.

So this is the squad so far:

GK: Moore, Wilson - Tyler, Bell
Def: Fadz, Bidwell - Alabi, Di Trollio, Reeve, Lusala, Reid
Mid: Hamer, Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly, Allen, O’Hare, Palmer - Rus, Howley, Burroughs
Att: Gyokeres, Godden - Tavares, Cashman, Costello, Obikwu

27 Total, 13 arguably 16 first team, 11-14 U23s.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting about Bapaga too, he was meant to be the next big thing a couple of years ago and was around the first team in League 1. Couple of shit loan spells.

Then he just vanished and didn't really play for the U23s.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

How much wages do we think that lot comes to.

torchomatic

Nothing too surprising. Not quite as savage as I expected it to be.

Terry Gibson's perm

Mid: Hamer, Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly, Allen, O’Hare, Palmer - Rus, Howley, Burroughs

There are two or three more on that list that will be lucky to remain here as well Lusala, Cashman and Costello

hamil99

Facebook User
Surprised that Harrison Nee never kicked on. I'm sure he won efl young apprentice of the year only a short while back.

ccfcricoh

based on that, i think bare minimum needed over summer is:

1 x LWB
3 x CB
2 x RWB
1 x ST

Assume we lose Gyok, i think we need another ST

If we lost Hamer we'd need another MF

ideally the money from Gyok will mean we can actually sign some defenders as opposed to all loans but we will see!

Ross1247

I think the club made the right call with releasing all of them. I do feel sorry for dabo, the injuries really set him back. Going to be a massive rebuild now thsi summer, something to look forward to!

Offhegoes

Glad Kelly got a deal. Stepped up well in the last few games. No surprise with the others. Plenty new faces will be coming in and I just hope we may see some of those loan players back next season.

Paul Anthony

No major surprises on there, really.

Shame for Dabo,especially with how it ended, but I think we have to be honest and say that he's not been the same player he was for quite some time now, whether that's down to long term covid after effects, injuries catching up, or a combination of both.

Kelly's earned himself another go with his form over the last few games, no doubt about that. I just hope he can stay fit, because if he can he still has plenty to offer us, on the pitch and off it.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

based on that, i think bare minimum needed over summer is:

1 x LWB
3 x CB
2 x RWB
1 x ST

Assume we lose Gyok, i think we need another ST

If we lost Hamer we'd need another MF

ideally the money from Gyok will mean we can actually sign some defenders as opposed to all loans but we will see!
I think 4x CB really, especially if we are playing a back three. I am assuming Vik and Gus are off.
1x GK (think Moore will leave. Hopefully we can bring a number 1 in)
2x RB
4x CB (really hope one is McNally)
1x LB
1x CM
3x FWDs (hopefully a Vik replacement, and possibly 2x more versatile forwards who can allow us to change formation when needed)

Saddlebrains

1 GK
2 RWB
4 CB
1 LWB (DaSilva all done by all accounts)
1 CAM (cannot rely on Ohare to come back the same and Kasey is a sicknote)
2 ST (Viks off)

Find a taker for Moore, loan out Howley Burroughs and Tavares ideally to a low end L1 side

11 in for me. Huge rebuild ahead

Users who are viewing this thread