Retained List (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

as it stands 2 recognised defenders. I hope the scouting team have plenty of targets. we need to hit the ground running this window

I'm pretty sure they were aware of the situation that would unfold at the end of the season and have been planning on two potential scenarios depending on the outcome of Saturdays game.

They know what pond to fish in now so I hope they'll be straight on it.

I guess the issue us that we might not have as much money until Gyo is sold (if he goes) - same with Hamer. Hopefully Doug opens his wallet early doors in the hope that it'll get filled up again once one of those 2 go.

torchomatic

What a waste of talent Bapaga was. Pretty sure him and Blaine Rowe were in England youth training camps as U16s alongside Charlie McCann.

Blaine Rowe has had a good loan spell at Falkirk too.

fatso

TBF would the list be much different if we'd of gone up? Maybe Kelly would be gone, but that's about it.

Boosh

Shame Rose decided to leave as would have been a decent squad player. Fair play to him for wanting first team football and he’ll be remembered fondly

Mucca Mad Boys

Liam Kelly has definitely earned a contract offer with the way he stepped up. Let’s be under no illusions that over a 46+ game season, he isn’t a player to take us to the next level.

A one year extension to keep a leadership figure at the club is worthwhile, but if Kelly wants regular first team football elsewhere, I wouldn’t blame him.

I’m excited. Robins spoke of a churn of players needed but more significantly, was optimistic about the quality of players we’d attract - and this was all before the playoffs.

Irrespective of what happens with Gyokeres and Hamer, I really hope we invest more and really try to build excitement this off-season!

GIMOC

I'm pretty sure they were aware of the situation that would unfold at the end of the season and have been planning on two potential scenarios depending on the outcome of Saturdays game.

They know what pond to fish in now so I hope they'll be straight on it.

I guess the issue us that we might not have as much money until Gyo is sold (if he goes) - same with Hamer. Hopefully Doug opens his wallet early doors in the hope that it'll get filled up again once one of those 2 go.

we’ve made enough money over the past month with full houses against blues and boro not to mention the gate receipts and season ticket sales to invest ASAP. This will be the challenge for the scouts and actually show how serious Doug king is now. Actions speak louder than words and action is what we need. We need to be proactive

covcity4life

Happy with that. Kelly's played well so let's just hope he stays fit.

We need to get some of those loan players back for sure. Especially Doyle and McNally if we can

The rest gives us alot of opportunity. Midfield is pretty much set but like others have said Palmer and o hare need to stay fit and hamer may be sold so I wouldn't mind buying another.

Everything hinges on the big 2 I guess. If they stay and we sort the other gaps out would be very exciting...

Saddlebrains

You don’t half talk some shite

Why do i?

How many games has Josh Reid played for the first team in 3 years?

How many has Fanny Cashman played in 2? He cant even get games at Altrincham ffs.

I'm not the one who's talking shite here you are if you're trying to defend them

Flying Fokker

based on that, i think bare minimum needed over summer is:

1 x LWB
3 x CB
2 x RWB
1 x ST

Assume we lose Gyok, i think we need another ST

If we lost Hamer we'd need another MF

ideally the money from Gyok will mean we can actually sign some defenders as opposed to all loans but we will see!
We need more than 1 striker coming in. But Obi my come into the first team as well

shmmeee

I think 4x CB really, especially if we are playing a back three. I am assuming Vik and Gus are off.
1x GK (think Moore will leave. Hopefully we can bring a number 1 in)
2x RB
4x CB (really hope one is McNally)
1x LB
1x CM
3x FWDs (hopefully a Vik replacement, and possibly 2x more versatile forwards who can allow us to change formation when needed)

Think we need another CM who can understudy the Hamer/Hamer replacement role. Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly are all quite similar in role.

I’d also get an AM in on a loan until Jan just to give O’Hare and Palmer a chance to build up fitness.

shmmeee

we’ve made enough money over the past month with full houses against blues and boro not to mention the gate receipts and season ticket sales to invest ASAP. This will be the challenge for the scouts and actually show how serious Doug king is now. Actions speak louder than words and action is what we need. We need to be proactive

Even if we hadn’t I’d want to see a bit of investment even if it meant recouping funds from sales later. He’s said the money is there for the right player and we’ll do better buying then selling than the other way around.

SBT

I would have kept Rose just as a backup option who knows the system

Good as Kelly has been the past few games I have my doubts that he can keep it up for another season, and I thought he was supposed to be on quite a decent wage.

shmmeee

Good as Kelly has been the past few games I have my doubts that he can keep it up for another season, and I thought he was supposed to be on quite a decent wage.

I suspect Rose wants first team football.

Reactions: SBT

fernandopartridge

I don't think Rose wanted to stay, in talks with Stoke apparently

Flying Fokker

Think we need another CM who can understudy the Hamer/Hamer replacement role. Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly are all quite similar in role.

I’d also get an AM in on a loan until Jan just to give O’Hare and Palmer a chance to build up fitness.
Rus may be given some pre-season games.

Londonccfcfan

Where the bloody hell we going to replace Hamers 12 goals from midfield? Hamers goalscoring stats are better than 95% than of the strikers in the division.
Ohare and Palmer will really have step up.

Tommo1993

Waghorn gone.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

lacesoutdom

we assuming we'll lose vik and hamer, ohare will stay another season at least until hes fit.

chances on getting some of the boys back on loan, would like to see doyle and cuffy back

Users who are viewing this thread