Request to waive NDA - email to Wasps, CCFC & Sisu (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
tbh the inevitability of all this (and it has been since ACL days) is that getting a deal that suits both interests, without one party taking advantage to an inordinate degree, is easier said than done.

It's why (philosophically!) can't help but agree we need a new ground.

Yep, it needs that burden taken away from it. Have said that for years.

Even more so when it was sold to Wasps.

djr8369

I get that but if Wasps still have Hoffman in mind when negotiating things like this then it will impact it.

It was exactly the same during previous discussions when it was easy to predict Hoffman popping up every now and then.

"CCFC struggling to get a deal at the Ricoh, may need to move"
"Don't worry, Hoffman and Co have a lovely deal agreed"
Local Media: "SELL THE CLUB"
Fans: "THERES ONLY ONE, GARY HOFFMAN"

City fans mostly seem obsessed about ACL being distressed but not as many seem to have been concerned when it's their football club.

I think it is very important to quiz them if they still have other involvement. The fact the investigation last time was:

"Are wasps involved Gary".
"No Comment".
"OK Cheers lets leave it as that"

Tells you a lot.

Unfortunately Nick the only way I can see out of this is if we build a new stadium or the same owner controls both clubs. I’m struggling to believe we'll build a new stadium.

Nick

Administrator
Unfortunately Nick the only way I can see out of this is if we build a new stadium or the same owner controls both clubs. I’m struggling to believe we'll build a new stadium.

Sounds like Italia, 2016.

"Let CCFC die and Wasps pick up the pieces"

shmmeee

I don’t get the Hoffman issue, anyone is within their rights to try and buy the club but without Sisu selling it they won’t get anywhere. I know it plays into the personal drama people love, but realistically it doesn’t prove much. This idea that Wasps could force Sisu to sell is clearly for the birds. Sisu are here until they want to go.

Of course any potential bidder will want a deal at the Ricoh. Of course Wasps will be involved. I don’t rate Hoffman at all, but he’s be insane not to try and get them onboard and of course Wasps want the income from CCFC without the threat of legal action hanging over the Ricoh.

Same as the “council want new owners” well no shit! People not liking working with Sisu is hardly breaking news! Wanting something and being able to deliver it are two different things though.

jordan210

Quick question for Mark and Pete.

Did anyone from wasps respond to even acknowledge you're emails ? as I assume they dint give an answer to the question direct.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t get the Hoffman issue, anyone is within their rights to try and buy the club but without Sisu selling it they won’t get anywhere. I know it plays into the personal drama people love, but realistically it doesn’t prove much. This idea that Wasps could force Sisu to sell is clearly for the birds. Sisu are here until they want to go.

Of course any potential bidder will want a deal at the Ricoh. Of course Wasps will be involved. I don’t rate Hoffman at all, but he’s be insane not to try and get them onboard and of course Wasps want the income from CCFC without the threat of legal action hanging over the Ricoh.

Same as the “council want new owners” well no shit! People not liking working with Sisu is hardly breaking news! Wanting something and being able to deliver it are two different things though.

You also said that it was a conspiracy about Haskell when it was tried then.

The point is that Wasps could clearly try to pressure the club (they have done) thinking that it will force a handover to Hoffman. It was that obvious I pointed it out ;)

I don't buy the whole "Hoffman only spoke to Wasps about getting a potential deal if he bought the club" either, not really enough to piss Overson off to the point he walks away is it?

Thing is, the Council were sticking their noses in well before SISU and fucking about with CCFC's future. Another important thing missed.

I don't doubt SISU are cunts but in their time with CCFC, most of the complaints about working with them are from CCC / Wasps / Higgs. There has been no issues with Northampon, BCFC, Ticketmaster, Sponsors, Players not getting paid, Allsop and Allsop, clubs we have done transfer deals with etc.

Now compare it to CCC and Wasps, Wasps have pissed off more organisations since moving here for starters and have publicly had PwC publicly tell Wasps to fuck off.

Look at how many people the Council have pissed off by being dicks (I don't just mean the everyday "my bins arent clean" shite).

Now, everybody is far too engrossed in the PR campaign that "It is all SISU, nobody can work with them" that the council spent so much on. I don't doubt that they are cunts but when you balance it all out......

djr8369

You also said that it was a conspiracy about Haskell when it was tried then.

The point is that Wasps could clearly try to pressure the club (they have done) thinking that it will force a handover to Hoffman. It was that obvious I pointed it out ;)

I don't buy the whole "Hoffman only spoke to Wasps about getting a potential deal if he bought the club" either, not really enough to piss Overson off to the point he walks away is it?

Thing is, the Council were sticking their noses in well before SISU and fucking about with CCFC's future. Another important thing missed.

I don't doubt SISU are cunts but in their time with CCFC, most of the complaints about working with them are from CCC / Wasps / Higgs. There has been no issues with Northampon, BCFC, Ticketmaster, Sponsors, Players not getting paid, Allsop and Allsop, clubs we have done transfer deals with etc.

Now compare it to CCC and Wasps, Wasps have pissed off more organisations since moving here for starters and have publicly had PwC publicly tell Wasps to fuck off.

Look at how many people the Council have pissed off by being dicks (I don't just mean the everyday "my bins arent clean" shite).

Now, everybody is far too engrossed in the PR campaign that "It is all SISU, nobody can work with them" that the council spent so much on. I don't doubt that they are cunts but when you balance it all out......
I don’t see many people on here saying it’s all SISU. Council and wasps are massive dicks too but we are where we are.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t see many people on here saying it’s all SISU. Council and wasps are massive dicks too but we are where we are.

Oh on here over time people have stopped falling for it.

However the whole "Nobody wants to work with SISU" PR job that CCC / ACL put out did the trick for years. Meanwhile a massive company publicly refusing to work with Wasps get's forgotten.

My point was aimed at shmmeee's reasoning for the council to want to try and force a change of ownership. Have a look at how the council react to companies pointing out issues with the Council:

tisza

Pfft they were going to be the biggest club in Europe now they had the Ricoh. Reminded me of our own Richardson.
Their management of the Ricoh and their rugby club to date wouldn't fill me with any confidence if they were involved in future CCFC ownership

win9nut

Or the opposite
Let Wasps die and SISU pick up the pieces...
*Cough* Bond *Cough*

Ultimately, I don't want Richardson or SISU to own CCFC (don't care about Wasps) so personally whatever the quickest way to get rid of them both would be my preference. Only when all the protagonists are gone will we see true success / reconciliation

I see that as SISU winning the battle with Wasps and selling up as soon as they can.

Sky Blue Pete

Quick question for Mark and Pete.

Did anyone from wasps respond to even acknowledge you're emails ? as I assume they dint give an answer to the question direct.
No

I did receive a reply to a text asking for a conversation before the first ccfc announcement on 25/7.

It read

Sorry I didn’t recognise the number until I checked. Don’t want to ignore you but can’t talk at this point I’m afraid.

I’ve been disappointed by the lack of engagement and desire to work together with us from wasps

Don’t get me wrong I get that I don’t support wasps and wasps board don’t need to care about ccfc supporters and their opinions towards wasps.

Frostie

No

I did receive a reply to a text asking for a conversation before the first ccfc announcement on 25/7.

It read

Sorry I didn’t recognise the number until I checked. Don’t want to ignore you but can’t talk at this point I’m afraid.

I’ve been disappointed by the lack of engagement and desire to work together with us from wasps

Don’t get me wrong I get that I don’t support wasps and wasps board don’t need to care about ccfc supporters and their opinions towards wasps.

No, they don't NEED to engage with us but if they were serious about their claims that they want us there & that they feel for the supporters they would surely want to at least be seen to converse with us.

They're certainly not giving the impression that they really want us there at all, if they really want local support they could be doing a whole lot more.

shmmeee

This is the bit I can’t get on board with. They want the football money but want us to pay through the nose for them to have it

Don't get why they'd have brought us back before at a reported £300k/yr is that's the case.

From my understanding the commercial terms are basically agreed, so CCFC must have got a decent deal. (At least decent enough for a short term return while the ground is built).

My general rule of thumb is to look at this from a business perspective and not think the owners are as emotional as the fans. Money talks.

mark82

No

It read

They've just completely ignored us, to be honest. Annoyed me somewhat when they came out in the press suggesting Joy had instigated this as a diversion, despite them constantly ignoring us. Pleased that Simon Gilbert called them out on it. We've sent our follow on questions for him to chase, and also going to send to Tom Leach again.

mr_monkey

They've asked us in the past not to do things through the press, but doesn't leave us much option when they just ignore us.

It's almost like they don't want to be questioned by anyone other than someone who they send free kits to isn't it ;)

Frostie

They've just completely ignored us, to be honest. Annoyed me somewhat when they came out in the press suggesting Joy had instigated this as a diversion, despite them constantly ignoring us. Pleased that Simon Gilbert called them out on it. We've sent our follow on questions for him to chase, and also going to send to Tom Leach again.

Good work Mark.

I'm sure you've noticed that Bobby Bridge posted that in his article too:

"Wasps have responded to a call from Coventry City owner Joy Seppala to waive the non-disclosure agreement"

It's been pointed out to him multiple times that this is incorrect & makes Wasps' claims that she is defaming them & looking to distract fans completely false too.
For some reason though he's keen to ignore the facts & push his/Wasps view instead...

If you do get to speak to Tom/the Telegraph perhaps you could ask them to correct it?
They are supposed to present an unbiased view of the facts after all.

shepardo01

Don't get why they'd have brought us back before at a reported £300k/yr is that's the case.

From my understanding the commercial terms are basically agreed, so CCFC must have got a decent deal. (At least decent enough for a short term return while the ground is built).

My general rule of thumb is to look at this from a business perspective and not think the owners are as emotional as the fans. Money talks.

Apparently the deal was "very very good" for Wasps that was "offered" by CCFC.
"Offered" struck me as a strange term to use, but suggests, as Boddy said, they did really want a deal.
Read my posts about what was said.
Wasps were shite to deal with and kept moving goalposts at the last minute and not respecting deadlines.

Why would they not want a deal?..... or was it games to get a better deal?...
..... or are others pressuring them too...... hmmmmmm

Nick

Administrator
Good work Mark.

"Wasps have responded to a call from Coventry City owner Joy Seppala to waive the non-disclosure agreement"

It's been pointed out to him multiple times that this is incorrect & makes Wasps' claims that she is defaming them & looking to distract fans completely false too.
For some reason though he's keen to ignore the facts & push his/Wasps view instead...

If you do get to speak to Tom/the Telegraph perhaps you could ask them to correct it?

He won't alter it. The same as he won't mention their director's brothel bill.

mr_monkey

Good work Mark.

Depends if Tom gets sent a free kit or not I guess

Nick

Administrator
The funny thing is Wasps effectively saying "We won't talk to you but don't say anything to the press about us"

It isn't 2014 any more, people aren't creaming themselves for a Wasps flag

chiefdave

Wasps have not spoken to us - they don’t need relationships with ccfc fans like Ccfc and Sisu do but it’s not good that they have been dismissive of us, not said they’d waive the nda and tried to make our genuine attempts as fans to move things forward into some political football (pun intended)
They've asked us in the past not to do things through the press, but doesn't leave us much option when they just ignore us.
Doesn't look great really. And for a company that keeps such a close eye on its PR you have to assume they realise that but feel the danger of being properly questioned outweighs the negative PR.

higgs

One question of anyone can Answer please is

if the same issues exist to last year then why have months of decent negotiations been had for? Surely it’s the first thing you ask to save yourself the bother
Exactly why have talks at all if nothing had changed from last year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Apparently the deal was "very very good" for Wasps that was "offered" by CCFC.
"Offered" struck me as a strange term to use, but suggests, as Boddy said, they did really want a deal.
Read my posts about what was said.
Wasps were shite to deal with and kept moving goalposts at the last minute and not respecting deadlines.

Why would they not want a deal?..... or was it games to get a better deal?...
..... or are others pressuring them too...... hmmmmmm

Boddy has said for ages commercial terms aren't the issue. We agreed them last year and according to the club were 'very close' this year. Doesn't really tally with someone who doesn't want a deal does it?

I don't get the need to invent theories beyond what both sides have stated publicly are the issues? Both Sisu and Wasps agree the problem is the restriction of future legal activity. This is just nonsense 'Wasps/CCC are eeeeviillll and hate CCFC' which frankly doesn't deserve a response.

If Wasps don't want a deal, they can just not enter negotiations.

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't look great really. And for a company that keeps such a close eye on its PR you have to assume they realise that but feel the danger of being properly questioned outweighs the negative PR.

Was saying this years ago while people like the Trust were making out they were saints and bigging them up. They came in with a PR approach of "It was SISU" and it was so easy for them because people swallowed it and then shouted it.

Wasps are going to take over the Higgs and possibly kick the academy out

Trust : We are fuming with Wasps
Wasps have secret meeting with Trust
Trust: IT IS ALL DOWN TO SISU, WASPS ARE HELPING US

Nick

Administrator
Boddy has said for ages commercial terms aren't the issue. We agreed them last year and according to the club were 'very close' this year. Doesn't really tally with someone who doesn't want a deal does it?

I don't get the need to invent theories beyond what both sides have stated publicly are the issues? Both Sisu and Wasps agree the problem is the restriction of future legal activity. This is just nonsense 'Wasps/CCC are eeeeviillll and hate CCFC' which frankly doesn't deserve a response.

If Wasps don't want a deal, they can just not enter negotiations.

History shows CCC have actively worked against CCFC, even Pre-SISU.

shmmeee

I'm sure I saw somewhere that he was a ccfc fan.... could be wrong though!
Could we get mark Hornby / Tynan scope to send him a city strip to celebrate him passing his journalist exams and subsequently being tasked with reporting on ccfc??;)

If CCFC don't court good press then they're even more amateurish than I thought!

Don't see anyone asking where Les Reid gets his exclusives from though do we? ;)

NorthernWisdom

The issue more is the way it was done, with stories fed to the press to get people excited when there was no real foundation to them.

Consistency means I have to be critical of that, whoever does it, however!

Users who are viewing this thread